User Tag List

First 12

Overall stage three. The culture moves to two depending on the pervasive trend. There is sometimes a move towards four but it can't last due to the nature of the forum. Also in some ways type is about what values separate us than it is about what we have in common.

Overall, I think there is one value we do have in common. If that became the core I think the culture would improve to include four.

Quote Originally Posted by spamtar View Post
    I relate more to Mr. Toad
    How are you like Mr Toad?

Quote Originally Posted by Bamboo View Post
    Did you ever see my old sig quote?

Because that was exactly what I was talking about....aside from the Wind and the Willows thing.

But, I caved in and read the first chapter. It's hard not to relate to mole or rat because they are the main characters. I'm not much like otter, too chatty. Toad, ha, sort of. Badger, sure, especially when I have work to be done I get mean.

I guess mole, although rat's description of being in constant movement, despite having no direction/destination, was pretty familiar.

I'm a mole-rat with a badger wing
    It's interesting you are like Mole and the Water Rat with a touch of Mr Badger.

It seems Mole might be introverted and the Water Rat extroverted. And Mr Badger lives underground like Mole but he lives underground in the Wild Wood full of Weasels and Stoats but he is not afraid of them, rather the other way around.

So it sounds, Bamboo, as though you have an interesting personality.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    Overall stage three. The culture moves to two depending on the pervasive trend. There is sometimes a move towards four but it can't last due to the nature of the forum. Also in some ways type is about what values separate us than it is about what we have in common.

Overall, I think there is one value we do have in common. If that became the core I think the culture would improve to include four.
    This is an interesting way of looking at it, Wolfy. Particularly in what separates us and what we have in common.

I am though very interested to learn what value we do have in common. Particularly if it would move Typology Central up to stage 4.

So would you tell us what is the value you mention above?

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfisher View Post
    i think in general typeCentral is at stage 3, and groups of people within typeC are in other stages.

in the video he mentioned that tribes in each stage can only see into the stages which are one seperation from them- so Stage 3 tribes can only see into Stage 2 and Stage 4.
    in general typeCentral doesn't seem to have any ability to see into Stage 1, so i think we can't be at Stage 2.
    This is a very interesting comment Kingfisher. And it's true that there are very few threats of violence. However when I have insisted on expressing myself in an unusual way, I have been threatened with violence twice, but only twice.

So it seems that under the stress of the new some members will regress to stage 1. However this is quite rare and the moderators put a stop to it.

However you seem to be quite right. We are as a group at stage 3 with smaller groups at surrounding stages.

If this is true, we need members at stage 4 to help us to move up to stage 4 and join them.

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    This is an interesting way of looking at it, Wolfy. Particularly in what separates us and what we have in common.

I am though very interested to learn what value we do have in common. Particularly if it would move Typology Central up to stage 4.

So would you tell us what is the value you mention above?
    Understanding.
    At it's core it is about self knowledge and how to orient oneself in the world.