• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Type and religion?

S

Sniffles

INFJ - Roman Catholic.

Religion and mythology has always been a great interest of mine, and even remained so when I was an atheist for several years.

compulsiverambler

Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
INFP
I don't really believe in a set religion but I am spiritual. ALMOST became Wiccan :p
The only person I know who was ever a Wiccan is ENFP. I do see some attraction there myself, but not really any more than to any other religion. I wouldn't be surprised if a high number of Wiccans were Fi-Pe/Pe-Fi types though.

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Just another INTP agnostic atheist here....

At this point, the lens through which I see reality is prescribed for the scientific worldview, ruled by logical consistency, and framed by Occam's razor. I take the lens off all the time for fun, of course, but then things become less clear. I do not boldly assume that my lens is certainly the only one that can reveal the truth, but it is the one that makes things most clear for me, and if I can find another one that works better for me, I'll gladly buy one. I'm willing to accept that I might forever be blind to some things. However, concerning myself with the things that might exist that are entirely outside my perception would get me nowhere.

ygolo

My termites win
INTP - Hindu (philosophically and culturally, I don't buy into the superstition that many Hindus do) Perhaps I have adapted a world view different form what is traditional also. I believe in Dharma and Karma in very practical terms (re-incarnation, I am agnostic on).

Grace

MBTI Type
INTJ
INFJ
Agnostic - I think anything could be possible so I do not like to limit myself to one religion, God, etc.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm not necessarily relgious. I'm spiritual.

I do believe in God. I believe that God, from a metaphorical standpoint, encompasses figures such as Jesus, Muhammad, Lao Tzu, Moses, the Buddha, and so on. I kind of mush all religious values into one supreme faith that is of metaphysical significance.

I am NOT Unitarian Universalist.

A spiritual connection with God should be personal, and something that you feel. Practical faith is more important than theoretical faith, which I think UU is. I've given them a shot, and they're too wrapped up in their minds.

I've found solace in the Unity Movement. It's more or less a Philosophy, because it isn't strictly an organized act of religon, though there are a small number of churches.

I open my mind and soul to any and every belief.
+1

VagrantFarce

intp

I think gods tend to be just a wild combination of projection and imagination, run into the ground and ruined by dogma and superstition. I don't really follow any major philosophies beyond "be nice and maybe people will leave you alone" :) . I have no problem with another person's beliefs if it informs them to be a nice person, just so long as they don't expect me to understand or join in.

p.s. I hate the word "spiritual", it doesn't mean anything dammit :nerd:

Frank

ENTJ- Since it can't be proven I'm all for whatever works. People believe shit for all sorts of reasons. I'm actually considering joining a particular religion for business purposes.

Personally I have a hard time wrapping my head around a deity per se but even if its just the beauty of an eloquent system infused with energy, thats cool with me.

Kyi

MBTI Type
ENFP
This is very interesting. I am an ENFP and I would consider myself agnostic, but sort of leaning towards the side of spirituality, as it resonates with me the most, although I do not have any good reason to fully entrust my faith to that belief.

I was raised in an unreligious family however. I've had a lot of Christian influence over the course of my life, and that only caused me to hate the religion even more. I feel free that I am unreligious. It's one thing my parents did right.

I don't deny the existance of a God but I see no reason not to doubt it either since it doesn't seem to affect my life either way.

BlahBlahNounBlah

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
ENTP - no religion, not spiritual ... but I do think it's important for people to care for their fellow men

Can I just say I'm an existentialist? That's true. And I care about humanity.

Dooraven

MBTI Type
INTp
Enneagram
5w6
INTp - Hindu some days, athiest others.

Ruthie

MBTI Type
?
Was raised Southern Baptist
Went through the teenage agnostic/skeptical of organized religion phase
Spent most of my 20s in "seeker" mode
Am thinking of becoming Catholic because I like the mix of tradition, social justice and personal expectations.

It's all very SJish, which I may be, but also may not be.

Well Stocked

MBTI Type
INTp
Enneagram
5w6
I'm an INTP who likes to do things backwards:

I was an atheist kid who tried Christianity as a teenager to fit in better. I've since returned to full-time atheism. While I do not believe in God, I have come around to the idea that there is legitimately some wisdom to be gleaned religious teachings.

Sincerely religious people are usually fine by me even when hold views that are diametrically opposed to my own. Hypocrites are assholes even when they agree with me.