User Tag List

First 5678 Last

Sniffles

INFJ - Roman Catholic.

Religion and mythology has always been a great interest of mine, and even remained so when I was an atheist for several years.

Senior Member compulsiverambler's Avatar
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Soar337 View Post
    INFP
    I don't really believe in a set religion but I am spiritual. ALMOST became Wiccan :P
    The only person I know who was ever a Wiccan is ENFP. I do see some attraction there myself, but not really any more than to any other religion. I wouldn't be surprised if a high number of Wiccans were Fi-Pe/Pe-Fi types though.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

Just another INTP agnostic atheist here....

At this point, the lens through which I see reality is prescribed for the scientific worldview, ruled by logical consistency, and framed by Occam's razor. I take the lens off all the time for fun, of course, but then things become less clear. I do not boldly assume that my lens is certainly the only one that can reveal the truth, but it is the one that makes things most clear for me, and if I can find another one that works better for me, I'll gladly buy one. I'm willing to accept that I might forever be blind to some things. However, concerning myself with the things that might exist that are entirely outside my perception would get me nowhere.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

INTP
    Christian.

But always struggled with it.
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...etb-blogs.html

My wife:
    ESFJ Christian, and less questioning.
    Last edited by Eric B; 11-08-2009 at 06:50 PM. Reason: Change URL to public blog forum
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas

INTP - Hindu (philosophically and culturally, I don't buy into the superstition that many Hindus do) Perhaps I have adapted a world view different form what is traditional also. I believe in Dharma and Karma in very practical terms (re-incarnation, I am agnostic on).

Accept the past. Live for the present. Look forward to the future.
    Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield

MBTI
    INTJ

INFJ
    Agnostic - I think anything could be possible so I do not like to limit myself to one religion, God, etc.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by OneWithSoul View Post
    I'm not necessarily relgious. I'm spiritual.

I do believe in God. I believe that God, from a metaphorical standpoint, encompasses figures such as Jesus, Muhammad, Lao Tzu, Moses, the Buddha, and so on. I kind of mush all religious values into one supreme faith that is of metaphysical significance.

I am NOT Unitarian Universalist.

A spiritual connection with God should be personal, and something that you feel. Practical faith is more important than theoretical faith, which I think UU is. I've given them a shot, and they're too wrapped up in their minds.

I've found solace in the Unity Movement. It's more or less a Philosophy, because it isn't strictly an organized act of religon, though there are a small number of churches.

I open my mind and soul to any and every belief.
    +1
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

intp

I think gods tend to be just a wild combination of projection and imagination, run into the ground and ruined by dogma and superstition. I don't really follow any major philosophies beyond "be nice and maybe people will leave you alone" . I have no problem with another person's beliefs if it informs them to be a nice person, just so long as they don't expect me to understand or join in.

p.s. I hate the word "spiritual", it doesn't mean anything dammit
    Hello

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

INTP - Agnostic

ENTJ- Since it can't be proven I'm all for whatever works. People believe shit for all sorts of reasons. I'm actually considering joining a particular religion for business purposes.

Personally I have a hard time wrapping my head around a deity per se but even if its just the beauty of an eloquent system infused with energy, thats cool with me.