• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

what differences do you notice...

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
Wow, nice deducing Sherlock! Yeah! I looked it up to have some fun in this thread. Most ISFP are 9 I think.

yeh, 2, 6 and 9 seem the go for ISFPs. I think 7 is very rare. It is the classic ESFP type though.

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
Sometimes I feel more kinship to people of my same enneagram type, regardless of their MBTI or Socionics preferences, rather than people with same MBTI or Socionics but different enneagram.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
ENFP with type 4 Enneagram are just very expressive and social INFPs. :D
Hahahaha, I wish!!! :D

I think ENFP 4s have a swirling dense black hole as a heart.

When we find ourselves suddenly without external stimulus to distract us, we get pulled down and in, waaaaaay down and in.

:)

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Is there a list of any kind (hopefully somewhat accurate) that shows correlation of MBTI types and Enneagram types in individuals? Seems like that should have been a thesis topic for a psych student. It would be interesting to see what the distribution is by type. :coffee:

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Is there a list of any kind (hopefully somewhat accurate) that shows correlation of MBTI types and Enneagram types in individuals? Seems like that should have been a thesis topic for a psych student. It would be interesting to see what the distribution is by type. :coffee:

There is.

I'll go find it.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i think i've seen one somewhere halla, i think 7w8 is pretty typical ep. i'll see if i can find one.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
typecorr.htm

Type Correlations

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
oh...nice job ss :)

revolve

i'm a 7w6 enfp . . . but often 7's mistype themselves as 4's & when i was younger i'm sure i often would have thought of myself as a 4 . . . the description for 4's are so much more artistic, passionate, dramatic, intense = glamorous in a way & 7s just seem like superficial schizophrenics hopping around all over the place unfocused. yuck, what enfp wants to be that . . . but i am definately a 7 i am.

as far as differences amongst enfps . . . i have gotten 3-5 enfp female friends into this stuff & they all feel like they are 7w6 also as well as being SX first as opposed to SO/SP . . . of course i don't know how well the average enfp knows herself. conundrum.

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
This configuration of "J" and Seven in the same individual results in internal confusion as well as inconsistent behaviors. When taking the MBTI, the J/P score may be questionable, appearing close to the center line.

FUQ! :D I think J 7w8 is perfectly plausible, I don't have internal confusion ahah, but it's true that my J-P scores are close to the center line.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
i'm a 7w6 enfp . . . but often 7's mistype themselves as 4's & when i was younger i'm sure i often would have thought of myself as a 4 . . . the description for 4's are so much more artistic, passionate, dramatic, intense = glamorous in a way & 7s just seem like superficial schizophrenics hopping around all over the place unfocused. yuck, what enfp wants to be that . . . but i am definately a 7 i am.

as far as differences amongst enfps . . . i have gotten 3-5 enfp female friends into this stuff & they all feel like they are 7w6 also as well as being SX first as opposed to SO/SP . . . of course i don't know how well the average enfp knows herself. conundrum.
Type 2s and 7s are the most common amongst ENFPs.

"4's are so much more artistic, passionate, dramatic, intense = glamorous"

Artistic, check

Passionate, check, check

Dramatic, nope

Intense, very much so

I would never *choose* to be a 4.

I probably wouldn't be a 4 if it wasn't for several key factors that influenced my childhood and adolescence, hmm, I guess negatively, or "darkly", to be more accurate.

As a child, I was a highly exuberant ENFP, lots of energy, incredibly optimistic, assertive, confident, a true champion of the things I believed in, then suddenly at age 12, shit hit the fan, and I caved into myself.

As a 4 we feel fundamentally different and "special" from the norm, we are lonely melancholic creatures who just want to find a place, and a person who gets it and who gets us.

Bleh, I'd say I'm in for a life of subtle torture.

So yeah, be happy you're not a 4!

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
People of the same type with different enneagram types are drastically different. Also people with different instincts are drastically different too. I find it extremely difficult to stay interested in people with the sexual instinct last, it's like they are super dull to me. sp/so types are a struggle to even get close to, so/sp is the same. It just feels like a fake interaction. But with sexual firsts... it's great. Regardless of any other letter or classification system, if they are all different but we are both sexual firsts, it works out great.
It's almost like the enneagram number has become a fifth "letter" of the type code. I would like to think that they somehow correspond more closely. When I first saw the Ennea-types, I clearly saw five pure temperaments, plus four moderate blends, and the instinctual variants directly parallel the three areas of Inclusion, Control and Affection. However, enneagram does not allow mixing types according to the variants (any type so, any type sp, any type sx). I bet that might make more of a correlation. Like as it is, several of the types do sound a lot like the Interaction Styles (7=Get Things Going; 8=In Charge, 9=Behind the Scenes, etc), and Interaction Styles sounds like it would correspond more to the so area.

I tend to be basically 6w5, and in tests that do not give wings, have come out as 5, sometimes with strong 4. A lot of other INTP's are 5, some with either a 6 or 4 wing, and some are 9's. The difference seems that I have stronger F than others, and both 4 and 6 are very F, of course. Again, I see that APS temperament correlation as key to bridging the Enneagram and MBTI, because Enneagram does seem so similar to APS in some ways. 6 and 4 are both very Supine. 5 is more Melancholic, and I believe most INTP's temperament mix (Phlegmatic instead of Supine, plus the NT) averages out to that, or you could just say it is the stronger IT. (see next). 9 is Phlegmatic, so INTP's would figure as that type as well.

Here is my theory of how they correlate to the ancient temperaments: Temperament Part 2: The APS and other theories and Instruments
I've kind of backed down from really pushing this for now, because of seeing many correlations with MBTI that do not seem to match (INFJ 3's, etc). However, the correlations we have been seeing do seem to stay within a certain range. Also, I make a table of another correlation, by David M. Boje ("Leadership Out of the Box", can be seen here: Enneagram).

1 ISTJ, ENFJ, ENTJ, ISFJ (common thread: J)
2 ESFJ, ENFJ, ESFP, ENFP (common thread: EF)
3 ESTP, ENTP, ENTJ, ESTJ (common thread: ET)
4 INFJ, INFP, ENFJ, ISFP (common thread: IF, [en]F)
5 INTP, ISTP, INTJ, ISTJ (common thread: IT)
6 ISFJ, ESFJ, INFP, ENFP (common thread: EF/IF)
7 ESTP, ESFP, ENTP, ENFP (common thread: EP)
8 ENTJ, ESTJ, ENTP, ESTP (common thread: ET)
9 ISFP, INFP, ISFJ, ESTP (common thread: I[e]S[n]F[t]P[j]: all-around moderate)

These are big on the E/I + T/F groups (which I call "social image" groups), and close to what my correlation would suggest; even matching the Interaction Styles on the S side. There is one "sociability" group: EP, for 7.

Type 2s and 7s are the most common amongst ENFPs.
ENFP 2 is mentioned in the list above, but I think that's the only place I have ever seen it. 2 is almost always made out to be Fe types. ENFP's seem to be big on 6w7, 7w6, maybe some 6w5, 4w3 of course, and there is even some 7w8.

Heart&Brain

MBTI Type
ENFP
I would never *choose* to be a 4.

I probably wouldn't be a 4 if it wasn't for several key factors that influenced my childhood and adolescence, hmm, I guess negatively, or "darkly", to be more accurate.

As a child, I was a highly exuberant ENFP, lots of energy, incredibly optimistic, assertive, confident, a true champion of the things I believed in, then suddenly at age 12, shit hit the fan, and I caved into myself.

As a 4 we feel fundamentally different and "special" from the norm, we are lonely melancholic creatures who just want to find a place, and a person who gets it and who gets us.

Bleh, I'd say I'm in for a life of subtle torture.

So yeah, be happy you're not a 4!

Took a very simple enneagram test and came out 7, instinct SX (SO, SP). Suspect the wing could turn either way, depending on how my life is at the time of testing. Anyway, I'm very Ne.

Interesting, SS, while I'm no En4, I have had the exact same experience of puberty hitting me so hard that it shook my self confidence and extraversion for years and eventually turned into depressive episodes. Didn't find my old bubbly self back before I was 33 and got treatment for a burnout and mild depression. He he - and got divorced... :cheese:

Actually, I've been wondering if this experience had to do with aux-Fi kicking in with all its centripetal force adding to the general hormonal disasters? Other ExFPs recognise this?

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm 4w5 INFP. I think the other common enneagram for INFPs is 9w1 (?). I notice 4w5s are the darker, moody, more self-absorbed, arty types of INFPs, and 9w1 is the lighter, more easy going, people-pleasing, hippy type of INFP. Even if they aren't on the stereotypical end of the INFP spectrum (which I like to jokingly call "mean" or "nice" INFPs), 4w5s seem more intellectually inclined, and 9w1s seem more people-oriented.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It's almost like the enneagram number has become a fifth "letter" of the type code. I would like to think that they somehow correspond more closely. When I first saw the Ennea-types, I clearly saw five pure temperaments, plus four moderate blends, and the instinctual variants directly parallel the three areas of Inclusion, Control and Affection. However, enneagram does not allow mixing types according to the variants (any type so, any type sp, any type sx). I bet that might make more of a correlation. Like as it is, several of the types do sound a lot like the Interaction Styles (7=Get Things Going; 8=In Charge, 9=Behind the Scenes, etc), and Interaction Styles sounds like it would correspond more to the so area.

I tend to be basically 6w5, and in tests that do not give wings, have come out as 5, sometimes with strong 4. A lot of other INTP's are 5, some with either a 6 or 4 wing, and some are 9's. The difference seems that I have stronger F than others, and both 4 and 6 are very F, of course. Again, I see that APS temperament correlation as key to bridging the Enneagram and MBTI, because Enneagram does seem so similar to APS in some ways. 6 and 4 are both very Supine. 5 is more Melancholic, and I believe most INTP's temperament mix averages out to that, or you could just say it is the stronger IT. (see next). 9 is Phlegmatic, so INTP's would figure as that type as well.

Wow. I like it when you decide to post theory. All of this sounds about right.

Phlegmatic = 9... check for me.
Behind the scenes = 9... check for me.

Here's a question- Wouldn't 8 correlate to Choleric? If so, why do you think I didn't score very high in Choleric? Since I'm a very clear 9w8.

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm 4w5 INFP. I think the other common enneagram for INFPs is 9w1 (?). I notice 4w5s are the darker, moody, more self-absorbed, arty types of INFPs, and 9w1 is the lighter, more easy going, people-pleasing, hippy type of INFP. Even if they aren't on the stereotypical end of the INFP spectrum (which I like to jokingly call "mean" or "nice" INFPs), 4w5s seem more intellectually inclined, and 9w1s seem more people-oriented.

i was going to say something really similar. i'm an infp 4w5 and feel like i'm not as nice and peace-loving as infp 9's