User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    INTJ

While Ni and Se, and Si and Ne, share nothing in common themselves in this context, a Ni user has Se in their top four processes, but not Si or Ne - and so it is with the others.

Perhaps this is encouraging. Perhaps we should, with just a little effort and cooperation, be able to understand everyone.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Two Point Two View Post
    While Ni and Se, and Si and Ne, share nothing in common themselves in this context, a Ni user has Se in their top four processes, but not Si or Ne - and so it is with the others.

Perhaps this is encouraging. Perhaps we should, with just a little effort and cooperation, be able to understand everyone.
    part of my point is that for example:

Se/Ne doms actaully have a lot more in common than some Ne/Ni doms do. That for example, because Se and Ne are so close in my construct (ill admit its just a theory), an ESFP and an ENFP are quite close.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Babylon Candle View Post

Se/Ne doms actaully have a lot more in common than some Ne/Ni doms do. That for example, because Se and Ne are so close in my construct (ill admit its just a theory), an ESFP and an ENFP are quite close.
    I know - I've already given my input on that point in an earlier post. Why do you prioritise Pi/Pe over N/S, when both could theoretically be relevant?

My point here was in response to Yloh saying that where we might have difficulty is with people who favour the perceiving function that shares neither N/S nor Pi/Pe with our prefered perceiving function.

Senior Member the state i am in's Avatar
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Babylon Candle View Post

in social behavior yes. culturally behavior and representations, no. fuck. no.

i find culture to be far more important to me than social roles in groups. so i ALWAYS choose Ns.

but as has been pointed out, i can understand and recognize Se bc it is a function of mine. and Si shares many many orientation to life that i immediately recognize and can communicate to my istj friends and my isfj acquaintances. so there is some understanding.

but the cultural ways in which i access those understandings have to be translated into a very cut and cry, concrete, way. then further ordered according to Te types, Fe types, and some Ti and Fi types.

there's judgment pairs and perception pairs. Ne is the most immediately useful for me bc it concretizes communication, reconstructs it in a totally different way by locating ideas in objects, creating new representations. inp Ne-Si is especially useful bc their Si helps us remember and notice where we've been and are going. Ne is extrapolative for turning seeds of ideas into materials, whereas i interpolate more information into an idea from a wide-range of materials and then only keep the germinal seed. Ni-Ni is only good when you share common perceptions, the actual percepts, the cultural representations, tho you do recognize the structure of the others ideas and the ability to sift, merge, blend conceptually.

plus social groups can be balanced in many ways, and pure similarity is off-putting. why would i want to surround myself w/ watered down versions of myself?