User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Default Stop Making MBTI Larger than it is.

It's being blown way out of proportion.

We're analyzing every single strain of information we can, drawing unreasonable assumptions, and just taking this thing way too far.

We fail to see the basic and general fundamentals at which Myers Briggs really revolves around. We've gone off on irrelevant tangents. We've lost touch of reality. Reality being that MBTI is not as serious as we presume it to be.

But take this aspect away from our forum, and we don't have a forum.

Best example I can think of:
    Quote Originally Posted by MaybeLogic View Post
    The religion comment was right on. The forum is bad, but it's even worse in chat. Certain members will type and retype others every other sentence...kind of like:

Oh, you sound more like a INTJ, not an INFJ....

thirty seconds later:

Yeah, that's actually very common with ISFJ's, maybe you're not an INTJ....

seriously, it keeps going and going and going and then I have to close vent so I don't become vomitious.
    Last edited by Nonsensical; 10-24-2009 at 09:35 PM.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

Banned
    MBTI
    INTP

Agreed, many people define themselves by their type instead of letting their type define themselves.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Triglav View Post
    anal shit, assholes, big titted teens fucked, pussy sex, anal ass
    Plea for attention?

It's working..

edit: I think you're referring to a thread. If so, +1.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

Banned
    MBTI
    INTP

???

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

You posted..
    Quote Originally Posted by Triglav View Post
    In my experience Ts tend to like anal sex, rape, anal penises, while the F's, tend, to like pussy boobs, asses big ass
    in Anal sex or anal asses, tits, boobs?.

I thought you were making a reference.

if you weren't, Good Job anyway.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Well, it seems to me MBTI IS a big deal here, even if it's not in real life, because it's the only thing the whole community shares an interest in. If we stop making it a big deal, we'll lose cohesion and stop coming here.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    Well, it seems to me MBTI IS a big deal here, even if it's not in real life, because it's the only thing the whole community shares an interest in. If we stop making it a big deal, we'll lose cohesion and stop coming here.
    That's what I said in my OP.

But I think people need to realize that, in reality, MBTI isn't as relevant and concrete as me infer here. It's a problem because we learn to make judgments from it that are unnecessary and sometimes wrong. It's like over using a tool, so much that it becomes over redundant, annoying, and faulty.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by OneWithSoul View Post
    That's what I said in my OP.

But I think people need to realize that, in reality, MBTI isn't as relevant and concrete as me infer here. It's a problem because we learn to make judgments from it that are unnecessary and sometimes wrong. It's like over using a tool, so much that it becomes over redundant, annoying, and faulty.
    I don't think that will help do anything but reduce the amount of time people spend posting here. Is your intention to drive people away and get them to spend more time in real life?

I'm not going to let you. Stop your crusade!

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    I don't think that will help do anything but reduce the amount of time people spend posting here. Is your intention to drive people away and get them to spend more time in real life?

I'm not going to let you. Stop your crusade!
    No, not at all. You're missing my point.

Spend as much time here, but realize that we are so focused in on reading into every little crack and crevice of MBTI, that we fail to see the large picture, and we fail to realize how general MBTI is. A lot of us here think it's some huge unifying, defined, set in stone scheme that magically lays its seeds into every one of our psyches.

That is exaggerated quite a bit, but I'm trying to make a point.

Default The Magic Pudding

Almost all successful communes have a religious core. And our core is MBTI.

MBTI is an article of faith. It cannot be proven or disproven - just like any good religious belief. So you can believe it or disbelieve it, according to taste.

So MBTI can be embraced with religious fervour or it can be crusaded against with equal fervour. And it is the fervour that is important. We bond together in a fever of fervour.

Let's face reality here - MBTI is hot. And it makes us hot.

MBTI keeps us simmering. But best of all, it is never done. It just keeps simmering, simmering on the top of the stove.

MBTI is a magic pudding - the more we eat, the more there is.