First 678910 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    If you learn something of the moon do you stick to the moon?
    Is the moon there by itself, separated from everything?
    And if so, how long do you think moon would stay there?

I tell you what.
    It is about the natural laws of mathematics. In the case of the moon, and in the case of mbti, and in the case of everything else.
    Spefically, it is about the axis. Moon or not, the axis is there.

If we discuss the mbti, we discuss the axis. If we do discuss the axis, we may not discuss specifically the mbti. We still discuss it, because it is a phenomenon of the axis.
    So are you. Everything hangs with everything.
    Colours blend with colours. Include the colours and the blends in one bucket, and you have white.
    Include only the colours, all you have is muddy brown.
    Do not leave out the blend.
    Hey this is pretty brilliant. Good job.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

MBTI is an tool created by amateur psychologists to determine the suitability of women for jobs left vacant by WW2 drafts, etc. This is important to point out because even highly educated psychologists, philosophers and scientists usually don't have the foresight to create systems that change when it becomes clear they are incompatible with new applications(fake superscript 1), resulting in closed, fixed systems that are (currently) used for generalization and speculation or, historically, for their intended purpose but aren't responsive or comprehensive enough to be applied to the transient interests of this forum(fake superscript 2).

Having typed all of that, I think MBTI would be more useful if it were expanded beyond the tiny slice of Jung's theories it was derived from. I have some ideas about MBTI modification that I've been developing, hopefully I'll finish before I get permanently banned for harassing people in the less serious forums.

Also, I'd like to point out that taking the MBTI Instrument or other online MBTI-inspired tests shouldn't be the only tool used to "discover" your type, studying(not just reading) Jung's work would help people understand the appropriate application of MBTI and, just as importantly, its limitations.

Sup 1: The bulk of Aristotle's theories,
    Sup 2: http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...or-movies.html......oh shit...zeitgeist. I like to relate it to search engines:

If you search for balloon or zeitgeist, you'll come up with thousands of articles on that kid-that-was(n't)-in-the-balloon hoax and thousands of articles on a movie and it may take quite a few pages to find an article on something unrelated to the balloon hoax kid or to the film industry. In five-ten years(assuming we are still using the internet with the same old software and hardware, boxes of electricity), those same keywords will produce much different results. so, transient interests.
    “Some people will tell you that slow is good – but I’m here to tell you that fast is better. I’ve always believed this, in spite of the trouble it’s caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…”

Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    If you learn something of the moon do you stick to the moon?
    Is the moon there by itself, separated from everything?
    And if so, how long do you think moon would stay there?

I tell you what.
    It is about the natural laws of mathematics. In the case of the moon, and in the case of mbti, and in the case of everything else.
    Spefically, it is about the axis. Moon or not, the axis is there.

If we discuss the mbti, we discuss the axis. If we do discuss the axis, we may not discuss specifically the mbti. We still discuss it, because it is a phenomenon of the axis.
    So are you. Everything hangs with everything.
    Colours blend with colours. Include the colours and the blends in one bucket, and you have white.
    Include only the colours, all you have is muddy brown.
    Do not leave out the blend.
    Hippy Peyote Shaman much?
    “Some people will tell you that slow is good – but I’m here to tell you that fast is better. I’ve always believed this, in spite of the trouble it’s caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…”

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrant View Post
    Sensors are all stupids. I'm N, so I'm smart and creative.
    Yeah darling .. And ignorance is bliss .. Just keep on telling yourself that.
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

Quote Originally Posted by MaybeLogic View Post
    before I get permanently banned for harassing people in the less serious forums.
    If there's anything I can do to facilitate that outcome, let me know.

I've got something you can facilitate.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by MaybeLogic View Post
    I've got something you can facilitate.
    Lol .. Can i watch?
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by OneWithSoul View Post
    Let me put my opinion as concrete as I can.

Well, I think that people are taking the descriptions of Typology too specific and serious. I don't think you can really type by face (or elbow or bewbz ), I don't think there is a specific type that is best in bed, and I don't think that we need to pin down every characteristic, both concrete and abstract, with a Typology trait or Function. I think that all of these things are crossing the line to taking MBTI a little too far.

But on the other hand, I'm NOT saying don't do these things. They make the forum fun. Those are the sort of things that bring me back everyday- go look, I post a lot in those kinds of threads. All I'm saying is that I feel that we need to have the awareness of how and what we make MBTI to be. Our perspective of Typology probably changed after we became involved with this forum- I know mine did. I blow MBTI way out of proportion, and use it too much, think about too much, analyze it too much, and link it to too many things. But I'm trying to take a step back, look at the larger picture, and hopefully begin to realize that we can't rely so heavily on Myers Briggs.

Is that fair to say?
    So just because YOU are doing it too much, it means we ALL have to curtail our usage?
    Why don't you just be aware of your own needs and change yourself?

I don't believe I use MBTI too much, or inappropriately.
    Rather I use it to a helpful amount that has enhanced my life and the lives of people around me.
    I was socially handicapped before MBTI came along.
    For me, it has evened the playing field.
    If you are an F, maybe you didn't have that problem.

Quote Originally Posted by OneWithSoul View Post
    Once again, let me explain myself.

This was all sparked, because people link MBTI traits to every known personality trait and every physical and mental characteristics that it is too much. It doesn't give any other factors a chance at influence.
    People who do that misunderstand the boundaries of MBTI.

Plus, is it so wrong of me to say that people do take it too seriously? How can you tell me that that is not legit.
    It would be more accurate to say that SOME people take it too seriously...
    or maybe even more accurate to say that SOME people are ignorant of how to properly apply MBTI to real life.
    But hopefully they will learn.
    Hopefully that's one of the reasons why they're here.

If one sees MBTI as a tool... a power tool...
    one could say that it does seem dangerous in some people's hands.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFp

Quote Originally Posted by saslou View Post
    Yeah darling .. And ignorance is bliss .. Just keep on telling yourself that.
    I bet you're a sensor, go fix a car, I'm busy being creative.
    INTP | IEI - INFp

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

I was attempting to make a really concrete and simple point.

I understand all of the analysis, because that's how I immediately think about things, but for this thread, try to see it as simple as I do.

I'm stating my opinion. I was backing it up with examples. And I have talked briefly about how it is bad.

And no, INTJMom, this isn't because I see things this way. When I said that I think about it too much, I was completely Bullshitting so that people wouldn't think that I wasn't taking any of the blame for myself.

I think anyone who cannot see where I'm coming from is kind of in the shadows on this one.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?