User Tag List

First 56789 Last

Results 61 to 70 of 100

  1. #61
    Senior Member mockingbird's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Posts
    249

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    Those threads have nothing to do with the big picture.
    It's the big picture that's the problem.
    OK. Yeah, I can see that. If anything those threads can be veiwed as a satire of what often goes on here (speaking of satire, I love your quote, btw).

    I mainly just wanted to make sure no one was taking my silliness seriously. Don't want to be veiwed as adding to a problem.

    I still enjoy this forum though, and I've actually learned a lot and had some fun along the way. Annoyances aside, it's still a decent forum, IMO.
    Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana.
    ~ Groucho Marx

  2. #62
    Freshman Member simulatedworld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    5,554

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    I thought ENTJ was the dog pulling that cart and ENTP the cat lazing around the couch?
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

  3. #63
    Senior Member Jaguar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    12,418

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    I thought ENTJ was the dog pulling that cart and ENTP the cat lazing around the couch?
    Stevie Wonder can see better than you.

  4. #64
    Glycerine
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MaybeLogic View Post
    The religion comment was right on. The forum is bad, but it's even worse in chat. Certain members will type and retype others every other sentence...kind of like:

    Oh, you sound more like a INTJ, not an INFJ....

    thirty seconds later:

    Yeah, that's actually very common with ISFJ's, maybe you're not an INTJ....

    seriously, it keeps going and going and going and then I have to close vent so I don't become vomitious.
    haha, I thought most of the people on Vent were kidding. I kid 90% of the time on there.

  5. #65
    Freshman Member simulatedworld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    5,554

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    Stevie Wonder can see better than you.
    You know I've had about enough of your blatant racism.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

  6. #66
    Senior Member Nonsensical's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4
    Posts
    4,010

    Default

    Whether or not we use MBTI as much as we used to is irrelevant, SimulatedWorld.

    Like I said, we make it larger than life.

    If you, of all people, can't agree with me, then I'll be amazed.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

  7. #67
    Senior Member Nonsensical's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4
    Posts
    4,010

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MaybeLogic View Post
    The religion comment was right on. The forum is bad, but it's even worse in chat. Certain members will type and retype others every other sentence...kind of like:

    Oh, you sound more like a INTJ, not an INFJ....

    thirty seconds later:

    Yeah, that's actually very common with ISFJ's, maybe you're not an INTJ....

    seriously, it keeps going and going and going and then I have to close vent so I don't become vomitious.
    Best example I can think of.

    On a general note, I have nothing against MBTI. I love MBTI. I wish my perspective of it wasn't so flawed. I miss the days when it was all just one big idea. But now that it's worked its way into our judgments and even our daily observations, it sucks.

    I will never criticize MBTI. I criticize those who use MBTI too much.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

  8. #68
    Senior Member wildcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    3,619

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MaybeLogic View Post
    Physical bodies(objects) can change shape and size.

    Conceptual objects cannot.

    However, conceptual objects have no size, no shape, no structure to begin with and, therefore, we cannot apply phsyical attributes, such as shape, size or structure to conceptual objects, except in a purely representational way(ie; Time is linear, Personality is divided into 16 types, Earth is large.)

    shove it. raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawr.
    Conceptual objects indeed do have a shape and relative size. Here the linear is bypassed as much as it is possible in a single representation. Abstract does not mean there is no shape.
    This gives the idea of the exact shape of the simultaneous dichotomy processes of the MBTI. No dichotomy takes place irrespective of any other dichotomy.


    ______X______
    _____XXX_____
    ____XXXXX____
    ___XXXXXXX___
    __XXXXXXXXX__
    _XXXXXXXXXXX_
    XXXXXXXXXXXXX
    _XXXXXXXXXXX_
    __XXXXXXXXX__
    ___XXXXXXX___
    ____XXXXX____
    _____XXX_____
    ______X______

  9. #69
    Freshman Member simulatedworld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    5,554

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OneWithSoul View Post
    Whether or not we use MBTI as much as we used to is irrelevant, SimulatedWorld.

    Like I said, we make it larger than life.

    If you, of all people, can't agree with me, then I'll be amazed.
    Well, I was just correcting your terminology, I guess.

    I think the whole point of typology is to always be refining it so that it comes closer and closer to actually reflecting reality. Sticking to just MBTI is pretty limiting in that regard, but not many people really actually do that. That's all I'm saying. MBTI is one influence from which we've drawn some terms and certain ideas, but you'll find that there a million different variants of interpretation and no real definitive answers on any of them...hence the reason the forum has been renamed "typology central" from "MBTI central."

    Such is the nature of any inherently subjective and unquantifiable field. You'll find the empiricists (mostly xxTJs) obsessing over empirical evidence but they're wasting their time and missing the point. Typology = philosophy; if you're not ready to discuss the application of these topics without empirical evidence then you don't understand the point.

    Anyway, though, I guess your point is that people try to overextend typology beyond its actual uses. I don't think that's true--I think what you see as "people overextending MBTI" is actually people forging through inventing their own theory of personal dynamics and motivations, which extends far beyond MBTI's simple point by point categorization. Just because they've borrowed some MBTI terms doesn't mean they're sticking purely to MBTI.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

  10. #70
    Senior Member wildcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    3,619

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    Well, I was just correcting your terminology, I guess.

    I think the whole point of typology is to always be refining it so that it comes closer and closer to actually reflecting reality. Sticking to just MBTI is pretty limiting in that regard, but not many people really actually do that. That's all I'm saying. MBTI is one influence from which we've drawn some terms and certain ideas, but you'll find that there a million different variants of interpretation and no real definitive answers on any of them...hence the reason the forum has been renamed "typology central" from "MBTI central."

    Such is the nature of any inherently subjective and unquantifiable field. You'll find the empiricists (mostly xxTJs) obsessing over empirical evidence but they're wasting their time and missing the point. Typology = philosophy; if you're not ready to discuss the application of these topics without empirical evidence then you don't understand the point.

    Anyway, though, I guess your point is that people try to overextend typology beyond its actual uses. I don't think that's true--I think what you see as "people overextending MBTI" is actually people forging through inventing their own theory of personal dynamics and motivations, which extends far beyond MBTI's simple point by point categorization. Just because they've borrowed some MBTI terms doesn't mean they're sticking purely to MBTI.
    If you learn something of the moon do you stick to the moon?
    Is the moon there by itself, separated from everything?
    And if so, how long do you think moon would stay there?

    I tell you what.
    It is about the natural laws of mathematics. In the case of the moon, and in the case of mbti, and in the case of everything else.
    Spefically, it is about the axis. Moon or not, the axis is there.

    If we discuss the mbti, we discuss the axis. If we do discuss the axis, we may not discuss specifically the mbti. We still discuss it, because it is a phenomenon of the axis.
    So are you. Everything hangs with everything.
    Colours blend with colours. Include the colours and the blends in one bucket, and you have white.
    Include only the colours, all you have is muddy brown.
    Do not leave out the blend.

Similar Threads

  1. Is child abuse and exploitation less likely than it once was?
    By Survive & Stay Free in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-04-2015, 10:50 AM
  2. It is one of these days that make me really happy.
    By Rail Tracer in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-24-2013, 10:49 PM
  3. It's official: Pop music is louder and less original than it used to be.
    By Magic Poriferan in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 57
    Last Post: 04-01-2013, 04:24 PM
  4. New ESTP(or so they say it is) here...
    By zarita in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 03-05-2008, 06:06 PM
  5. It is I!
    By Dom in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 05-10-2007, 04:51 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO