Bewwbssss....

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

Quote Originally Posted by OneWithSoul View Post
    Well, I think that people are taking the descriptions of Typology too specific and serious.
    Quote Originally Posted by http://www.answers.com/model
    3.A schematic description of a system, theory, or phenomenon that accounts for its known or inferred properties and may be used for further study of its characteristics
    I've said this before, personality types are models for human responses. They aren't perfect, they are just a model. Just because people use them inappropriately doesn't make the model less valid (or more valid)

I spend my life thinking about how people act, thinking about why they act, what makes them act that way, what benefit they get from acting that way. Comparing how someone looks, stands, dresses, to other people. Personality typing is just another way to think about it.

Rather than other people taking it too seriously, maybe you are taking them too seriously.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by poppy View Post
    tasty tasty instant pudding.
    Oxymoron. Fail.

Quote Originally Posted by Elaur View Post

I spend my life thinking about how people act, thinking about why they act, what makes them act that way, what benefit they get from acting that way. Comparing how someone looks, stands, dresses, to other people. Personality typing is just another way to think about it.

Rather than other people taking it too seriously, maybe you are taking them too seriously.
    You spend your life comparing how someone looks, stands, dresses, to other people.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Kalach View Post
    There was some chance we could have seen boobs. See what you did?! There's people out there putting their shirts back on and turning off the webcams now. Only Halla posted his boobs before this consciousness raising thing you got here, but he was going to do that anyway. SEE WHAT YOU DID?!

We can only hope this subforum is as boring to most people as it seems to be. Maybe they didn't see your messages.
    +1

That's almost verbatim what I wanted to say earlier, except replace "not seeing boobs" with "LA leaving the forum."

+1!

THIS is another thing I've been thinking. I mean, of course we don't ACTUALLY think Typology can be applied to all those things. Half of the time it's a mockery of stereotypes.

MBTI
    XXXX
    Enneagram
    XXXX
    Socionics
    XXXX

Quote Originally Posted by OneWithSoul View Post
    It's being blown way out of proportion.

We're analyzing every single strain of information we can, drawing unreasonable assumptions, and just taking this thing way too far.

We fail to see the basic and general fundamentals at which Myers Briggs really revolves around. We've gone off on irrelevant tangents. We've lost touch of reality. Reality being that MBTI is not as serious as we presume it to be.

But take this aspect away from our forum, and we don't have a forum.
    Yeah, I know. It's ridiculous.
    Hit like a heavyweight, breathe deep, meditate
    Make the whole crowd get loud, make 'em levitate
    I ride through my city like a presidential candidate
    L-A-X, Phantom double-R, and accelerate

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    You spend your life comparing how someone looks, stands, dresses, to other people.

Yeah, I'm totally not going to explain myself. Thanks though.

^ I wasn't looking for one.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

I've said this before, personality types are models for human responses. They aren't perfect, they are just a model. Just because people use them inappropriately doesn't make the model less valid (or more valid)

I disagree.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Once again, let me explain myself.

This was all sparked, because people link MBTI traits to every known personality trait and every physical and mental characteristics that it is too much. It doesn't give any other factors a chance at influence.

Plus, is it so wrong of me to say that people do take it too seriously? How can you tell me that that is not legit.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?