User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by OneWithSoul View Post
    It's being blown way out of proportion.

We're analyzing every single strain of information we can, drawing unreasonable assumptions, and just taking this thing way too far.

We fail to see the basic and general fundamentals at which Myers Briggs really revolves around. We've gone off on irrelevant tangents. We've lost touch of reality. Reality being that MBTI is not as serious as we presume it to be.

But take this aspect away from our forum, and we don't have a forum.
    You cannot make an object of study larger than it is.
    When you come closer the object only appears larger.
    It is of the same size as before.

Experiment is of the subject.
    It affects the experiment of the object.
    Not the object.

If it did change the object, it would not be a study of the object.

MBTI
    ISTJ

If we stop discussing beyond the type description, there wouldn't anything to discuss.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Ozz View Post
    If we stop discussing beyond the type description, there wouldn't anything to discuss.
    Correct.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post

Not the object.

+1

Very good. I thought something seemed off about his logic, but I couldn't put my finger on it.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

But take this aspect away from our forum, and we don't have a forum.
    There's still the community, the people. That's what I come here for. MBTI is just a nice thing to make fun of and to theorize about.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Ozz View Post
    Granted there is a common ground that brings us together, however a lot of what we speak about is from life experiences etc .. Our types are only a part of who we are.
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFp

Is amused, recurring patterns crop up time and again. this is one of those fascinating explorations that tend to release a sense of nostalgia.

Remember nostalgia for life isn't an MBTI construct, it is a dimensional reality that transcends personality ideology. Its fun to think about, but stop taking it into bed and making out with it so much.

Did you want a tattoo with that.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Let me put my opinion as concrete as I can.

Well, I think that people are taking the descriptions of Typology too specific and serious. I don't think you can really type by face (or elbow or bewbz ), I don't think there is a specific type that is best in bed, and I don't think that we need to pin down every characteristic, both concrete and abstract, with a Typology trait or Function. I think that all of these things are crossing the line to taking MBTI a little too far.

But on the other hand, I'm NOT saying don't do these things. They make the forum fun. Those are the sort of things that bring me back everyday- go look, I post a lot in those kinds of threads. All I'm saying is that I feel that we need to have the awareness of how and what we make MBTI to be. Our perspective of Typology probably changed after we became involved with this forum- I know mine did. I blow MBTI way out of proportion, and use it too much, think about too much, analyze it too much, and link it to too many things. But I'm trying to take a step back, look at the larger picture, and hopefully begin to realize that we can't rely so heavily on Myers Briggs.

Is that fair to say?
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post

Not the object.

Physical bodies(objects) can change shape and size.

Conceptual objects cannot.

However, conceptual objects have no size, no shape, no structure to begin with and, therefore, we cannot apply phsyical attributes, such as shape, size or structure to conceptual objects, except in a purely representational way(ie; Time is linear, Personality is divided into 16 types, Earth is large.)

shove it. raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawr.
    “Some people will tell you that slow is good – but I’m here to tell you that fast is better. I’ve always believed this, in spite of the trouble it’s caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…”

MBTI
    INTJ

Let me put my opinion as concrete as I can.

Well, I think that people are taking the descriptions of Typology too specific and serious. I don't think you can really type by face (or elbow or bewbz ), I don't think there is a specific type that is best in bed, and I don't think that we need to pin down every characteristic, both concrete and abstract, with a Typology trait or Function. I think that all of these things are crossing the line to taking MBTI a little too far.

But on the other hand, I'm NOT saying don't do these things. They make the forum fun. Those are the sort of things that bring me back everyday- go look, I post a lot in those kinds of threads. All I'm saying is that I feel that we need to have the awareness of how and what we make MBTI to be. Our perspective of Typology probably changed after we became involved with this forum- I know mine did. I blow MBTI way out of proportion, and use it too much, think about too much, analyze it too much, and link it to too many things. But I'm trying to take a step back, look at the larger picture, and hopefully begin to realize that we can't rely so heavily on Myers Briggs.

Is that fair to say?
    There was some chance we could have seen boobs. See what you did?! There's people out there putting their shirts back on and turning off the webcams now. Only Halla posted his boobs before this consciousness raising thing you got here, but he was going to do that anyway. SEE WHAT YOU DID?!

We can only hope this subforum is as boring to most people as it seems to be. Maybe they didn't see your messages.
    Bellison uncorked a flood of horrible profanity, which, translated, meant, "This is extremely unusual."

Boy meets Grr