User Tag List

123 Last

Default Typewatching via eye movements

So in Neurolinguistic programming there is a theory that different eye movements correspond to different types of information retrieval-verbal, visual or Kinesthetic, either imagined or remembered.

Here is a site that talks about it in more depth:
    NLP Eye Accessing Cues

After I started paying attention to this I realized that the Jungian cognitive functions seem to match very closely and repeatedly to eye movements.

Ne-(NLP visual retrieval)-upwards at angles

Ti-Very direct, piercing, observing, even staring albeit the INTPs are a little spacier in their stares.

Fi-(NLP kinesthetic)-downward glances, little direct eye contact

Fe-in terts like EXTPs, they do lots of side glances-verbal retrieval
    Fe-in doms and auxs, they seem to do a lot of softly directing looks paired with soft controlled smiles, and some side glancing

Ni-drooling, not really in the room with the rest of us. Some Ni doms will actually have whole conversations with you while they stare off into space.

Te-dominating, almost glare like. My enfps will actually pair this with a crinkled brow. INTJs will alternate the Ni drool look with the very direct Te glare. It isnt just studying-like Ti-it is almost confrontational.

Se and Si-I dont quite have a fix on these two yet. Most of my Si users use Te looks and most of my Se users use Fe or Te looks.

Anyways this is all I use anymore to type people. It is always right so far. More so than anything else-clothing, speech, face or whatever. But the dynamic aspect seems important-you have to watch the fluctuations between looks while they talk.

Typically the eyes will alternate between two different types of looks-Ne, Fi or Ne, Te for me, but sometimes combining into NeFi as a combination. In the second post I will put my pics trying to illustrate this for me.

Can you guys help me confirm or deny? Can you watch a couple of folks around you and see if this seems true?
    Likes xXMariahXx liked this post

MBTI
    ISTP

A lot of people I know say that I tend to look at them in a very condescending way, like, with my neck angled down. It's understandable because I'm reasonably tall at 6'0", but I do it sometimes even to those taller than me. Though it isn't my eyes specifically, it does seem to correlate with what you said about Te users.

Quote Originally Posted by Ne-Monster View Post
    So in Neurolinguistic programming there is a theory that different eye movements correspond to different types of information retrieval-verbal, visual or Kinesthetic, either imagined or remembered.

NLP Eye Accessing Cues

After I started paying attention to this I realized that the Jungian cognitive functions seem to match very closely and repeatedly to eye movements.

Ti-Very direct, piercing, observing, even staring albeit the INTPs are a little spacier in their stares.

Fe-in doms and auxs, they seem to do a lot of softly directing looks paired with soft controlled smiles, and some side glancing

Ni-drooling, not really in the room with the rest of us. Some Ni doms will actually have whole conversations with you while they stare off into space.

Te-dominating, almost glare like. My enfps will actually pair this with a crinkled brow. INTJs will alternate the Ni drool look with the very direct Te glare. It isnt just studying-like Ti-it is almost confrontational.

Se and Si-I dont quite have a fix on these two yet. Most of my Si users use Te looks and most of my Se users use Fe or Te looks.

Anyways this is all I use anymore to type people. It is always right so far. More so than anything else-clothing, speech, face or whatever. But the dynamic aspect seems important-you have to watch the fluctuations between looks while they talk.

Typically the eyes will alternate between two different types of looks-Ne, Fi or Ne, Te for me, but sometimes combining into NeFi as a combination. In the second post I will put my pics trying to illustrate this for me.

Can you guys help me confirm or deny? Can you watch a couple of folks around you and see if this seems true?
    seemingly nonsensical.

explain how you type people based on their eye movements AND verify, independently of your own perspective, that you've correctly typed them.
    “Some people will tell you that slow is good – but I’m here to tell you that fast is better. I’ve always believed this, in spite of the trouble it’s caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…”

Quote Originally Posted by MaybeLogic View Post
    seemingly nonsensical.

explain how you type people based on their eye movements AND verify, independently of your own perspective, that you've correctly typed them.
    :steam: (the toddler requested emoticons be included in this post. He is of the opinion that the singing mexican hat guy is crying)

you type the functions first.

Here are some examples. Some have been supported by them actually taking the test. All others are agreed on by my ENTP friend and myself. We fight endlessly until we do agree. She always identifies ENFPs before me. I identify everything else before her. But we eventually agree. All make sense in the context of thier eventual behaviors and career choices.

Example1:
    For instance, a recent male hire-38 years old. I start talking to him and notice many upwards glancing eye movements. Anytime he has to stop and think he looks up at angles.

So Ne. in other words an ENTP or an ENFP.

Next I look for Ti or Fi. In this case I see lots of downward glances mixed with smiles and upward angles. Thus NeFi. To back this up I see very direct Te looks here and there as he tries to make logical points. So ENFP it is. Strategic marketing background. We are planning to build a moat out back to float our mother effin boats in.

Example 2:
    For another person as he talks I watch the same upward eye movements and pauses in conversation as he thinks-Ne. However he never, ever looks down. Instead he looks very directly at my eyes-Ti. Not glaring, rather piercing. He watches everything I do. This is NeTi. He will also look to the left and right at various points in the convo,especially when he is conflicted about a social decision. just with his eyes not his whole head-Fe. This NeTiFe-ENTP. (I cant force myself to look left and right with my eyes. It is almost impossible) A pHD scientist studying gene expression

Example 3:
    One of my long time coworkers will stare off into space at times after you ask her questions. Ni. Then she responds in a very rude, direct forceful manner, crinkles her brow and glares at you. NiTe. But every so often I make her smile-when I do her eyes get very soft and she breaks eye contact and looks down-Fi. Thus NiTeFi-INTJ. A MS scientist studying cell biology who every thinks will bring a gun to work to kill them.

Example 4:
    My CEO was hard to figure out-he actually wears a very direct glare much of the time-Te. However he is sort of socially ackward and introverted. I had to come here and ask the INTJs-what is going on when they close their eyes-as during meetings he would close his eyes and gesture in front of his face with his hands in a very solid purposeful way-Ni followed by Te. Once I did catch his eye and get a glimpse of Fi. Around his family I see the Fi looks more. NiTeFi. INTJ History of Marketing.

Example 5:
    One of my guys is fairly introverted but responds with very direct glares and crinkled brows to questions or discussions-Te. But when I make him laugh or when he talks about his emo girlfriend he looks down-Fi. This one is tricky becuase I never see the Ni off in space stare. I already know he is an ISTJ-He is the director of quality assurance. So I am left not quite sure how to judge Si.

Example 6:
    This guy gives me very direct stares as we speak-he never stops staring-Ti. But in the middle of the conversation he will very often look side to side-Fe. He NEVER looks up. Thus no Ne. TiFe with no Ne is an ESTP. He is in sales and is the biggest ESTP you will ever see. Very sleazy vibes excreted.

Example 7:
    This guy is my boss. Very direct stares, no upwards looks ever. Some Fe side to side. ESTP. fifteen years history in sales. Very Se in the moment behavior and thoughts. But what does Se look like?

Example 8:
    Another sales guy. This guys gives me very direct stares-Ti. Never looks up thus no Ne. Some Fe sideways glancing. However ever so often, he will sort of look off to the side and make a very insightful statement-Ni??? He is an old ESTP, so I wonder if inferior Ni is peeking through. A very good sales guy

Example 9:
    A young guy who looks very directly at me alternated with upward glances. NeTi. no Fe glances noticed. A rude as shit young ENTP. Clever, clever, clever. He slef confirms as an ENTP and told me a year or two ago I was full of shit about the MBTI letters. However he said in the last year-since I discovered the functions-now the things I say sound correct. punk.

Example 10 and 11:
    We'll combine these two. Man and Woman, both will glare and stare through your soul and burn holes in your pancreas. Te methinks? Here things breakdown as both are ENTJs but I they got fired so I cant go back and look for Ni or whatever Si might look like. A former army general and the meanest project manager on earth. But both were awesome.

Example 12:
    A woman who glares painfully at others in meetings-Te. However she gets stuck on details and dresses very girly. An ESTJ, but I am uncertain as to how to see visually. A project manager but disliked due to being harpy-like.

Example 13:
    This one is very interesting. An ISTJ self proclaimed many times over. She will give very direct, glaring eye movements when using Te. However she can be very petulant, whiny, moany and "poor me" at times. When she is doing this he eyes will make very pronounced downward glances. Very exaggerated. She never looks upwards at all. She is an example of an ISTJ who overuses Fi. She has a long history of getting into relationships where guys think she is very sweet and passive, only to revert to ISTJ behavior-her true self- and have them dump her. Data analytics and data base mining.

New puzzle:
    My boss' boss' boss. Very direct eye movements when giving speeches-Te. However some downward glances intermixed throughout-Fi? Not noticing Ne upwards glancing. No off in space Ni glances or closed eyes either. In the hallways it is very odd as I never "see" his eyes. Like an INFP-he doesnt make eye contact. He does very brief glances, then looks away. However I wouldn't expect such Te directness, although maybe it is Si practicality? When he smiles his eyes wrinkle noticable indicating a real smile-Fi.

I think FiTe but still collecting data.

Do you see how this is working?
    Likes xXMariahXx liked this post

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Se eyes look focused, Si eyes look seasoned.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)
    Likes sculpting liked this post

Se=Terminator eyes...maybe. That is a really interesting concept and makes a lot of sense.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

nay sir, Ni eyes look like this

MBTI
    eNTP

This definitely doesn't apply to me... I physically control my eye movements at all times because I feel EXTREMELY uncomfortable making eye contact with people.

So half the time I get the Ni "drool" and half the time my eyes are darting around avoiding other people.

Also, my eye muscles get sore sometimes and I have to stretch them by making weird facial expressions.

Yeah, it's awkward.
    A colleague of the great scientist James Watson remarked that Watson was always lounging around, arguing about problems instead of doing experiments. He concluded that There is more than one way of doing good science.
    It was Watsons form of idleness, the scientist went on to say, that allowed him to solve the greatest of all biological problems: the discovery of the structure of DNA. It's a point worth remembering in a society overly concerned with efficiency.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Ne-Monster View Post

NLP Eye Accessing Cues

that's a trip! because i just put myself in the frame of mind where i might try to figure something out and i think those looks may correspond with the functions used at the time...that's kinda crazy! like...thinking of ideas...or...tying things together to come up with a course of action or whatever...it's upward side glances or...figuring out where i stand on something...what's important...what's right...it might be downward side...what a bloody trip!
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

oooh...just read that. that's interesting ne monster.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison