User Tag List

First 2345 Last

MBTI
    I

Quote Originally Posted by noigmn View Post
    I'm not sure it is that simple, but the habits can definitely correlate with types. Cognitively we have certain information we are aiming for, and there should be an optimum way of retrieving it which we'd move toward. I know you'd have a lot of trouble getting an Ne dom to walk into a room, make eye contact with you, and look nowhere else, unless you held so much interest that the world and the rest of the scene was irrelevant. My eyes normally go eye contact enough that the person feels comfortable, but not enough that they feel uncomfortable. In the looks away, and apparent staring at nothing or thinking, I take in everything else. I don't feel comfortable not knowing my surroundings in detail.
    Sounds like Se to me.

Quote Originally Posted by noigmn View Post
    I'm not sure it is that simple, but the habits can definitely correlate with types. Cognitively we have certain information we are aiming for, and there should be an optimum way of retrieving it which we'd move toward. I know you'd have a lot of trouble getting an Ne dom to walk into a room, make eye contact with you, and look nowhere else, unless you held so much interest that the world and the rest of the scene was irrelevant. My eyes normally go eye contact enough that the person feels comfortable, but not enough that they feel uncomfortable. In the looks away, and apparent staring at nothing or thinking, I take in everything else. I don't feel comfortable not knowing my surroundings in detail.
    Are you sure it isnt taking it in, but instead forming connections? I am utterly unaware of my surroundings however I still make make connections between the pieces of my surroundings.

Quote Originally Posted by TheChosenOne View Post
    Sounds like Se to me.
    Tell us more!!! I guess I could go bug my ISTJs but I would love to have your perspective on what Se feels like from the inside out.

Also thanks you epp and eck, my sweet three letter entps, for correcting the flaws of my nlp knowledge. I am very, very ignorant in this area...

More INTPs:

INTP-my Internal med DO.

Many breaks in eye contact as he looks away, then brief eye contact as he explains things. His eyes almost roll away-like other people have an invisible barrier he doesnt want to penetrate so he look st the edges but then averts so he doesnt pass a certain point. He is actually very nice and one of the best doctors I have been to as he listens well. Maybe once an upward look.

INTP2
    Software programmer-Not good friends with this guy, just a coworker-mostly no eye contact-again off in another direction. Several upward-angle Ne glances during the conversation. However-as he made specific points-he would look very directly at me to drive the points home. But these would be brief looks and then he would break eye contact again.

An interesting ESTP
    This guys is young-30-and very, very good. He is quite clever, very polished and will seem to see the big picture much faster than my other ESTPs. I couldnt figure out why he seemed "better" until I found out he spent high school in a military school where half the kids were there on probation. You learn quick there or get stabbed. Anyways he does the typical Fe sideways glances and the direct Ti glances all the time. But every so often he will glance upwards Ne style for a few seconds-I havent seen any of my other ESTPs do this. He broke my rule, which is fun as it means I still have stuff to figure out.

I'm coming round to this. I was walking along the other day and became aware that I look left as a reset like oh no I'm static thing, and look up when thinking/scanning. Never realised there was that much order or repetition to it. I thought I just got bored and looked everywhere.
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

muhahahahaha!!!!
    I shall conquer the world with eye movements.... or something like that...

Do your clouds in your avatar have some strange man on them now? Perhaps the little man living on sol from before?

Yeh . I need to pull out my old avatar.

On the early post about taking in surroundings. I take them in as a whole, but I also go very fine details. I'll notice they are wearing a watch with an inscription on it. Or they left something in a strange place. I think any details that make the scene interesting or help fill in the picture.
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

keep up the good work happy p. always an interesting read. admire your observation on character study.
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Quote Originally Posted by LEGERdeMAIN View Post
    seemingly nonsensical.

explain how you type people based on their eye movements AND verify, independently of your own perspective, that you've correctly typed them.
    Finding empirical evidence to back up personality type would require nothing short of a full in-depth mental analysis.

This is something eye movements do not communicate in complete clarity.

If you really wish to tap into somebody's mind, you would likely have to either scan their brain, or engage in an intellectual discussion that reveals the dynamics behinds someone's thought processing and reasoning.

And then there's the part you added about including your own perspective. Indeed it seems to be that we find our own perspectives were misguided, as the truth is often counter-intuitive.

Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    Finding empirical evidence to back up personality type would require nothing short of a full in-depth mental analysis.

This is something eye movements do not communicate in complete clarity.

If you really wish to tap into somebody's mind, you would likely have to either scan their brain, or engage in an intellectual discussion that reveals the dynamics behinds someone's thought processing and reasoning.

And then there's the part you added about including your own perspective. Indeed it seems to be that we find our own perspectives were misguided, as the truth is often counter-intuitive.
    Thanks for the reply, I just wanted confirmation that typewatching by eye and other similar threads exist solely for the purpose of mental masturbation.
    “Some people will tell you that slow is good – but I’m here to tell you that fast is better. I’ve always believed this, in spite of the trouble it’s caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…”

Infinite Bubble

I've read a thread about this on INTP forum, had similar ideas to you, but a few differences regarding indicators of the individual functions.