User Tag List

First 12345 Last

INTP 1-Very little direct eye contact-mostly looking away in the distance during the convo, with sporadic direct eye contact. Not looking at the floor Fi style, instead more off in the distance over my shoulder or at other objects in the room.

Some direct Ti stares, and occasional upwards Ne glances when he is thinking of something. Oddly when I asked him about his new baby, I got some direct eye contact and smiles.

INTP2-Almost exclusive direct eye contact Ti style. Some what abstracted and not as intent as the ENTP version though. Occasional upwards glances. once or twice broken eye contact to look at other things in the room-almost like he needed time to ponder the thought-however when he did this he did look down and off for just a second.

I'll go find some more!
    Likes xXMariahXx liked this post

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

What function is boob retrival ? I mean like those guys who always look onto the wrong places ? Not that I know one just curious
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

Une Femme est une femme paperoceans's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    8w7

What if you don't have eyes.
    Between that cigarillo and sticking my finger down my throat to see if I could DT, I feel like puking RN.

Read my Blog.

MBTI
    I

My eye movements seem to vary depending on many factors - who the person is, what they're telling me / what I'm telling them, how alert I am, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by paperoceans View Post
    What if you don't have eyes.
    Then you obviously don't make eye movements.

Une Femme est une femme paperoceans's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    8w7

Quote Originally Posted by TheChosenOne View Post
    Then you obviously don't make eye movements.
    Impossible!
    Between that cigarillo and sticking my finger down my throat to see if I could DT, I feel like puking RN.

Read my Blog.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

You didn't think about the fact that people control their eye movements.
    I mine tend to go from up to down all the time so I sort of have to look people in the eyes to maintain contact if i'm theorizing or whatever. (and never side looks as i'm low on audio)

also, i don't have an ounce of fi. just saying, you make it sound like 'looking down' is almost a function, when noting a seeming correlation would be what you should have started with
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    What function is boob retrival ? I mean like those guys who always look onto the wrong places ? Not that I know one just curious
    ewwww.... I knew one of these guys. He was a biochem prof and I had to interview with him for an NIH grant. He kept asking me questions and starring at my chest. I hardly have any boobs. He would do double takes in the hallway to turn and check out a girl's butt. I'd rather not specify a type....

Quote Originally Posted by EcK View Post
    I mine tend to go from up to down all the time so I sort of have to look people in the eyes to maintain contact if i'm theorizing or whatever. (and never side looks as i'm low on audio)

also, i don't have an ounce of fi. just saying, you make it sound like 'looking down' is almost a function, when noting a seeming correlation would be what you should have started with
    Good point at the end. NLP says looking off to the lower left is kinesthetic. However the first time I saw someone do this a lot it turned out to be an ENFP guy. He would do it at the end of questions or just randomly-like you had shared some deep secret. You were in the "same club" or on the same side. It was way creepy. However all the Fi users-even ISTJs and INTJs will break eye contact and look downish when they use Fi. It's all correlations?

Maybe when you look down you are like the INTPs a bit-breaking eye contact to ponder. Less down and more just "away". I dunno, I need more INTPs to study. Maybe I need to find a few young entps too...

As for controlling eye movements, I have tried this.

Te is very easy for me and makes a big difference with other Te users. Once I figured it out it is simple.

The BEST was when my very best ENTP in the universe stopped by my office. He is not a friend, but is an exceptionally good leader who I only see occasionally. I wanted to talk to him about a very political situation but I knew I could not be Te blunt. I also could not be Fi emo. Either would put him on guard.

Instead I relaxed and looked him directly in the eye with the best Ti look I could do. Then I put on the best Fe calm explanation I could and removed all traces of emo, just was very calm and detached. Pointed out the "confusion".

I have never seen an ENTP change masks in mid stream. It was fascinating. I became someone different. He became someone different. However it took about four seconds for him to transition. He actually broke eye contact, looked out my window, pondered, then resumed eye contact. Afterwords all the issues I was having disappeared.

I'm not sure it is that simple, but the habits can definitely correlate with types. Cognitively we have certain information we are aiming for, and there should be an optimum way of retrieving it which we'd move toward. I know you'd have a lot of trouble getting an Ne dom to walk into a room, make eye contact with you, and look nowhere else, unless you held so much interest that the world and the rest of the scene was irrelevant. My eyes normally go eye contact enough that the person feels comfortable, but not enough that they feel uncomfortable. In the looks away, and apparent staring at nothing or thinking, I take in everything else. I don't feel comfortable not knowing my surroundings in detail.
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by EcK View Post
    no, the eye accessing cues (or "eye chart", as I said before) are involuntary. no, really, guys, it's not about where the person is watching most of the time, these are specific eye movements they talk about in NLP!

I mean - you can mimic them somewhat but a) very good and constant (!!!) self-control is needed, b) unless you have a REALLY good and constant (!!!) self-control it's actually clearly visible if you are being genuine or not.

I'm sorry I doubt you people, but really - that good self-control is rare and usually takes a lot of practice.

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Puppy View Post
    NLP says looking off to the lower left is kinesthetic. However the first time I saw someone do this a lot it turned out to be an ENFP guy. He would do it at the end of questions or just randomly-like you had shared some deep secret. You were in the "same club" or on the same side. It was way creepy. However all the Fi users-even ISTJs and INTJs will break eye contact and look downish when they use Fi. It's all correlations?
    lower left (left of the speaker) is "inner dialogue", i.e. when a person is thinking to him/herself. everybody uses that, especially when trying to explain something. thumb rule is not to talk to the person when he/she is looking down left as he or she wouldn't hear you anyway.

also, in VAK - feelings, i.e. emotions are somewhat the same as kinesthetics, and kinesthetic eye cues should be lower right (right if the speaker, that is), so there might be some correlation with Fi (I remind you, I don't know much about the functions).

then again as much as I understand - F (be it Fi or Fe) is not only about emotions in MBTI, but also about values and things like that, so I'm not very sure that part would fall under the "kinesthetics" in VAK system.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

stop assuming i didn't study NLP : \ (to everybody). I like, pretty much studied 'everything' i mean, I just don't brag about it.

And ofc one can control eye movements to an extent, if only by controlling thoughts patterns in situation. (framing if you will) But I was mostly refering to the 'looking away' part, not to the vak related eye movements. I for example tend to move my eyes from up to down pretty fast which doesn't come in handy when trying to look people in the eyes too, but I know what sort of message looking 'away' sends so I manage that part consciously (especially when its not because i'm shy but because i can't freaking look up, down, up, stare at them then up again without looking twichy)
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE