• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Types and their sins and virtues

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
This came up in the "MBTI of fictional characters" thread, after I tried to typecast the deadly sins. I want to do the opposite now: take a type and name the perfect sin for him of her. While we're at it, we can try virtues too.

Edit: trying to do the thing!

ESTJ sin: controlling?
ESTP sin: greedy, shallow?
ESFJ
ESFP

ENTJ
ENTP: sin: unrealistic sloth (getting enthousiastic at any idea, telling everybody you're going to organise this or that and then not doing it)
ENFJ
ENFP

ISTJ
ISTP
ISFJ
ISFP

INTJ
INTP
INFJ sin: envy
INFP

Hmmm. I really need to buy food now. I've got this INFJ envy from the other tread; and ENTP was easy enough :)

speculative

Feelin' FiNe
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
If you hold with the notion that there is a correlation between type systems, you might look to Riso & Hudson's "Understanding the Enneagram" which lists vices/virtues for each of the 9 types, then match those between the E-types and the MBTI types. For example, envy is the vice of type 4...

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
ISTJs: Denial

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
Actually, I didn't think of just those deadly sins of the Christians...
We can imagine more sins than that, can't we? I was aiming for sixteen different sins!

...Okay, maybe that was too ambitious an idea. I'm saying my act of repentance now.