User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Results 21 to 30 of 68

  1. #21
    Senior Member whimsical's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    4
    Socionics
    infp
    Posts
    351

    Default

    i love horror movies
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  2. #22
    triple nerd score poppy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    intj
    Enneagram
    5
    Posts
    2,220

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Avatar7 View Post
    See there^..if this were true, which, who knows..(btw let's see some rationale for this)..would show that an enneagram or two type of INFJ may be into that sort of thing.

    So again, predominantly, INFJs find horror films unpleasant as INFJs can't tolerate conflict well.
    Lol what does rationale have to do with it? Seriously? What's your rationale for making a statement about "INFJs generally". Do you know 50% or more of the world's INFJs?

    I've only known one INFJ in meatspace, but he loved horror films. The slashier and more violent the better. Fe has nothing to do with watching a movie.

    If you really wanna prove your point, why not just start a thread in the NF subforum and ask them? Personally I don't care that much.
    "There's no need to be embarrassed about it, Mr. Spock. It happens to the birds and the bees!"

  3. #23
    Ghost Monkey Soul Vizconde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    4,474

    Default

    I'm an INTP(Ti)(Ne)(Si)(Fe) and I always liked just about every genre of horror that I am aware of. The only stuff I dislike is some of the roll off low budget stuff (although I have seen quiet a bit of low budget stuff I do like.

    I am not sure what is "torture porn" is it like Hostel? I actually liked Hostel I and II because I thought the direction and acting as a whole was very good and it didn't rely on the torture part to carry it through the film.

    Slashers and Serial killers - not my favorite sub genre but pretty happy with them in general. Halloween II was the first one I saw and liked the first few Friday the 13ths but soon got tired of the series. Henry a Portrait of a Serial killer and American Psycho is one of my favorites of this subgenre

    Vampires: Loved vampires since a little kid. Bela Lugosi "is" Dracula, but when I was really into vampires at about 9/10 years of age Christopher Lee was the vampire who got me hooked. My gardener is a total vampire nut and has offered me to watch so many DVDs on the sub genre to the point I will no longer watch low budget vampire flicks. Medium to high budget vampire flicks are always worth the time just to rent. My favorite is Christopher Lee's Hammer Studio's Dracula/Horror of Dracula (1958)

    Werewolves: Werewolves are fun. Whats not to love about them. Less critical of werewolve flicks than vapire flicks on a whole. My favorite is in fact almost more comedy than horror American Werewolf in London followed closly by the darker werewolf version of Buffy TVS, i.e. Ginger especially in Ginger Snapps 2.

    Zombies. This is for some unknow reason my favorite genre. Recently saw what I believe was the first Zombie movie White Zombie again with Bela Lugosi and although it hasn't aged the best nevertheless it prevails. 2004 was a great year in part because my favorites were actually a remakes or twists on a Romero classic. The remake of Dawn of the Dead (2004) and also loved the dark comedy Shawn of the Dead (2004)

    so much more but will leave it here for now. Any other INTPs have a thing for horror flicks or is it just me?
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

    Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

  4. #24
    Sugar Hiccup OrangeAppled's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni
    Posts
    7,661

    Default

    I hate horror movies and will not watch them. I'm not desensitized to violence, and it repulses me. I'll watch psychological thrillers and suspense movies, but nothing with gory violence.

    INFPs have discussed this on other boards, and from those samples, there's no standard among them. Some love them, some couldn't care less, and some hate them like I do. So no, I don't think it's type-related.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

    INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

  5. #25
    Ghost Monkey Soul Vizconde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    4,474

    Default

    My middle sister is an INFx and although she doesn't as a rule like horror movies, she nevertheless is the most fun person to watch a horror movie with. She screams and covers her eyes and runs away yet almost against her will her curiosity pulls her back. Its more fun watching her react than watching the movie itself and also makes the movie more fun too. I swear looking at her responses, its almost as if the horror was happening right their in the movie theater/living room.
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

    Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

  6. #26
    Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp
    Posts
    2,912

    Default

    I like the odd horror film but most are too cliched and generic to watch. And 'torture porn' is a major put off - its so sickening and unimaginative

    I like horror films with real suspense and half-decent characterisation. I don't mind gore but it depends how its used. I'd say psychological thrillers are my favourite genre because I love the tension; being on the edge of your seat.

    My favourite horror films:
    Les Diaboliques
    Silence of the Lambs
    Psycho
    Alien
    The Ring
    Seven
    Rosemary's Baby

    And I'm not sure if this is telling but my sister is an ESTJ and she loooooves horror films.

  7. #27
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Avatar7 View Post
    What you are missing is that I am offering you some knowledge by adding to your thread that type is related from the standpoint of which types do or don't like horror movies.

    The reason is, horror movies present a conflict of interest, values and need for harmony. All three of these qualities is inherent to INFJs.

    So, therefore, INFJs, by process of elimination, are not generally included in groups of types who like horror movies.

    I won't charge you for the extra entry to your thread
    Yeah I already figured that out, if you check your reps even before you made this comment.

    But you're an ENTP and you said that you bet their house feels creepy, so I'm still not clear on what that comment was about.

  8. #28
    No moss growing on me Giggly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so
    Posts
    9,666

    Default

    I'm not into horror movies but I love halloween.

  9. #29
    Une Femme est une femme paperoceans's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Posts
    834

    Default

    I'm a fanatic but... a lot of "horror" films these days are mediocre; there's too much gore and random bits of sex. I don't know... I'm more of a fan of psychological thrillers, like: Hard Candy, A Tale of Two Sisters, etc. Gore is just foul, not scary.

    Well, to me anyway.
    Between that cigarillo and sticking my finger down my throat to see if I could DT, I feel like puking RN.

    Read my Blog.

  10. #30
    Senior Member Winds of Thor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so
    Posts
    1,859

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by poppy View Post
    Lol what does rationale have to do with it? Seriously? What's your rationale for making a statement about "INFJs generally". Do you know 50% or more of the world's INFJs?

    I've only known one INFJ in meatspace, but he loved horror films. The slashier and more violent the better. Fe has nothing to do with watching a movie.

    If you really wanna prove your point, why not just start a thread in the NF subforum and ask them? Personally I don't care that much.
    The point..is to explore...and not attempt to defeat. Unless, of course, you want to argue with an ENTP. Let me know. We'll draw pistols at noon.
    "..And the eight and final rule: If this is your first time at Fight Club, you have to fight."
    'Men are meant to be with women. The rest is perversion and mental illness.'

Similar Threads

  1. Extraverts: How often do you get just really tired of people?
    By plaminal in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 11-27-2011, 10:51 PM
  2. Do you partly define yourself by types of people whom you oppose?
    By UnitOfPopulation in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-01-2009, 07:52 PM
  3. [NT] NT, what type of people do you respect?
    By yenom in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 06-02-2009, 02:17 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO