• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Tips and Tricks For Staying Off The Fi Ride of Doom

wolfy

awsm
monks_roller_coaster.jpg

For an ISFP. Don't read into things. It is what it is. Deal with what is.
Any others?

[YOUTUBE="s3Y0IwozSdA"]The Wailers - Dem A Fi Get A Beatin'[/YOUTUBE]

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
If you are ISFP and you don't exercise your Se, you'll go mental.

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
What is the Fi Ride of Doom anyway?

II don't even know if understand what Fi actually is, other than me sometimes getting antsy completely out of the blue.

wolfy

awsm
What is the Fi Ride of Doom anyway?

II don't even know if understand what Fi actually is, other than me sometimes getting antsy completely out of the blue.

Neither do I. But it sounds kind of about right. Lets run with it...

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Introverted Feeling: Valuing; considering importance and worth; reviewing for incongruity; evaluating something based on the truths on which it is based; clarifying values to achieve accord; deciding if something is of significance and worth standing up for. Evaluating whether you like an outfit or not: “This outfit suits me and feels right.”

Somewhat of an example, but not quite what it does for someone that leads with it.

The Fi ride of doom would be when you don't want to face reality and the real situation at hand, and getting stuck in a rut of feelings?

wolfy

awsm
Somewhat of an example, but not quite what it does for someone that leads with it.

The Fi ride of doom would be when you don't want to face reality and the real situation at hand, and getting stuck in a rut of feelings?

For me it is when I let my mind run away with things without keeping my feet on the ground. It is not that reality is bad as much as me spiralling Fi and Ni...so to speak. 

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
Fi-Ni loop =

Fi: "This is good, that is bad"
Ni: "But what about from this perspective?"
Fi: :doh: "So this is bad and that is good?"
Ni: "Well maybe from that perspective it is but have you considered all these other perspectives?"
Fi: :huh:

Maybe?

wolfy

awsm
Fi/Ni loop.

Ni "Bullshit, you're lying"
Fi "That sucks"
Fi "People suck"
Ni *Random input*
Ni "Bullshit"
Fi "Bullshit sucks"
Fi "Everything sucks"
Ni "Yeah, look at that shit, bullshit"
Fi "Yeah, what clowns"

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
Sounds like Tourettes.

I love random input!

clipboard01ec.jpg

sculpting

I vote the Fi ride of doom as being when:

1. You apply Fi to the problem
2. You feel the resultant pain yet cant figure out what to do
3. You reapply Fi to the problem
4. The pain is amplified, but you still cant identify a solution
5. You reapply again-things are starting to suck now

for NeFi it cycles over and over on itself and amplifies becoming more and more painful. If I can sleep, read a book where the characters emote, or even do something artistic-peotry or writing or art-it allows the Fi to hop off the circular track and dissipate.

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Fi as "Ride of Doom" would actually be most applicable to IxTP's. After all, it is our last place "Destructive" or demon function. The 'ride of doom' is sinking down that low in the shadow.

wolfy

awsm
Fi as "Ride of Doom" would actually be most applicable to IxTP's. After all, it is our last place "Destructive" or demon function. The 'ride of doom' is sinking down that low in the shadow.

I think it has more to do with over using the dominant function "being up in your head" than poor use.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yay -- an entire thread arguing over the definition of the initial premise!

I'm in heaven. :smile:

^^ Strapped into the Ti Ride of Gloating

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think it has more to do with over using the dominant function "being up in your head" than poor use.
I wasn't even referring to "poor" vs "good" use; but rather the role the process plays (regardless of its strength).

wolfy

awsm
I wasn't even referring to "poor" vs "good" use; but rather the role the process plays (regardless of its strength).

I see. Sweet as.

Yay -- an entire thread arguing over the definition of the initial premise!

I'm in heaven. :smile:

^^ Strapped into the Ti Ride of Gloating

Funny how things work out. Making this thread, I really liked the title, I stole it off one of Udog's posts. I'd been thinking about using the Peter Tosh video somewhere for awhile. The monks on the roller coaster was a last minute touch. Monks kind of Fi, that was a lucky break. I was just looking for a roller coaster. Last but not least I thought there might be some useful discussion for someone out there. But hey, it's been a fun ride anyway.

ergophobe

Allergic to Mornings
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Only one way out -- don't get on!

:smile:

Else, resistance is futile...

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I say get on and enjoy the ride already! You people need to relax! Fi's a bitch but once you learn how to fly properly there's nothing quite like it *wheeeeeee*

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The monks on the roller coaster was a last minute touch. Monks kind of Fi, that was a lucky break. I was just looking for a roller coaster.

That was a great pic and a fortuitous find.