User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    xxxx

Success is never knowing what success really means.
    If a deaf INFP falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Cenomite View Post
    What if I were to settle for being dragged away loudly?
    Settle ? It's just going to start, there is no settling yet
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by justxher View Post
    How do you feel about russians
    I can get down behind the iron curtain.

I would think success is you decided what you want to happen and you made it happen.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFp

Success for me means being in a loving relationship, having a rich personal life and a positive financial flow in effect to be able to live without stress.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Quote Originally Posted by Synapse View Post
    Success for me means being in a loving relationship, having a rich personal life and a positive financial flow in effect to be able to live without stress.
    I like this. Since I must add a bit of materialistic-competitive-driven ENTJ stuff I'll also say being proficient at the sports I like best
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

^I seriously expected you to have said 'World Domination' when I saw this thread
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

I was thinking about what Kingfisher and Jaguar said about success being when you don't have to think about defining it and it reminded me of this post by Synarch on confidence

Confidence = You're okay no matter what.
    Independent yet engaged in the physical and social world around you.

I think that is a great definition of how you success would feel as a state. And that is something you can have any time.

As far as the more general type of success then I would define that as a person who has the available skills and resources to make things happen. Self sufficiency and the ability to make things happen.

It seems to me there is really no such thing as a success. Success is always in the past tense and always subjective.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Success:

For me, this means never being complacent with what I have. Always moving up and moving on. Whether this progress regards me as a person, a lawyer, (eventually) a father, a citizen, or w/e. I never want to lose my ambition.

It also means that I never stop learning or wanting to learn. I'm of the opinion that the day you stop learning is the day you die (not literally of course). I just want to make sure I keep my intellectual hunger.

Most importantly, this means family. There are many things I was put on this Earth to do, but none of them is more important or more impactful on the world than being a father. I look forward to teaching my children all of my accumulated knowledge. I look forward to loving my family more than I love myself, because it is only through this act that you can find true happiness.

Success to me means finding the love of my life. I'm talking about the Romeo and Juliet, moon and the stars, I'd light myself on fire to save you love. Finding a woman to challenge me and my perceptions of the world, to show me that my way isn't the only way, to help me grow, to make me into the man I'm destined to be.

I see success as living according to my beliefs and concepts of justice. Holding those accountable who would use their gifts to disparage those of lower class or capability. Fighting for those who can't fight for themselves. More importantly, showing those who don't know how to help themselves how to do so.

Success means a lot of things to me, and I won't compromise on any of them.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    451 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp Ni

For me (I can't speak for someone else) to succeed means to accomplish my current goals in life, which in the broadest terms are to become someone I and the people who matter to me can respect. However, since if I were to accomplish that goal, I'd only want something more, I'll never have true and final success. Success, therefore, is more like a projection of my desires than something I can experience in the here, now, and forever. All I get in the present, and all I can ever get, is a fragile and fleeting satisfaction that will soon give way to new wants and woes.
    [ Ni > Ti > Fe > Fi > Ne > Te > Si > Se ][ 4w5 sp/sx ][ RLOAI ][ IEI-Ni ]