First 123 Last

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

I can work to any schedule.

My means of mitigating my natural contempt for an exceedingly micro-managed schedule is to make it a challenge to meet its demands above any expectations.

My competiveness trumps my natural desire for minimal time management.
    Becoming a father made me great at time management, actually.

MBTI
    IXFP

I'm the opposite. When I tend to plan things it turns out better. I'm just too lazy and indifferent to do it.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by sunshinebrighter View Post
    I'm the opposite. When I tend to plan things it turns out better. I'm just too lazy and indifferent to do it.
    NICE!!!

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

Yea, I love being a P yet it does have its own baggage. The thought of being a J gives an impression it would be more convenient/managed.
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    451 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp Ni

I'm not sure that a preference for P means that you don't like planning, much less that your work will suffer from it. I seem to be a P, and yet I plan most things in my life, particularly my work. Some people prefer to improvise, but I think the quality of what they produce suffers because of it. Their work meanders without ever cutting to the deepest issues, whereas the work of a planner has focus and purpose.
    [ Ni > Ti > Fe > Fi > Ne > Te > Si > Se ][ 4w5 sp/sx ][ RLOAI ][ IEI-Ni ]

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ????

I need deadlines, but I procrastinate till quite literally the last second, and then I generally manage to get it pushed back a few more days. I don't really plan in work. It crushes my creativity.

I love thinking about the future, however, especially involving what careers I want to go into. With work that I am indifferent towards, I take it how it comes and do it on my own time.

[Plus]: I think I actually just sit around thinking about a lot of stuff too much to actually have time to do it.
    Excuse me, but does this smell like chloroform to you?

Always reserve the right to become smarter at a future point in time, for only a fool limits themselves to all they knew in the past. -Alex

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

I plan. In fact I plan too much. Think just need to plan on planning and set forth a plan triage thereof and plan to decide on one of those plan and plan to chary out said decided plan. Have tried then the run into a head on collision at some intersection into a brand new, freash off the lot red sports plan.
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I'm a deadbeat without deadlines, but with deadlines I'm just late.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by BerberElla View Post
    I think this sums me up too. When it comes to my writing, just leave me to it, deadlines would lessen the quality of it, however for work and study I need deadlines otherwise I will just ignore it.

I need the rush of last minute agony that comes with meeting a deadline as I work very well under pressure.
    I would like deadlines for my writing, too. If I set a deadline myself, it doesn't work. However, when my husband needs to take a plane and wants to read my story on it, the story is ready and printed by the time he wants to leave the house...

MBTI
    INtP

Quote Originally Posted by Cenomite View Post
    Ps generally procrastinate, and prefer open-ended lives without strict scheduling. We all know this.

I'm curious if any other Ps find that the quality of their work is lowered when they are forced to plan and outline everything.
    I absolutely find that my quality of work declines when I'm forced into pre-planning and outlining everything. For two reasons:

1. It's inefficient. Sure, there are *some* tasks for which a general, vague list is sort of useful. These projects comprise about 5% of what I'm asked to do. The rest of the time, it's a waste of time... and then maintaining and re-editing the "plan" as I do the real work and find out (inevitably) that the "plan" is wrong is worse. At work, when I say that I have ideas on how to get started, but that the task ahead of us is too vague and unknown for definitive "plans" until we get most of the way through it, I get told to "estimate a plan first - even if it's unreliable or wrong, we need a plan so that we can gauge our progress". This absolutely infuriates me. Bad data *is worse* than no data!

2. It's an extremely demoralizing way for me to live. I just hate it. I get angry, surly, and turn into Captain Nitpick if forced to adhere to that sort of operation for any length of time. I really, really need to be able to just go with the flow -- not that I won't compromise, but if *I* am doing something, I need to be free to do it *my* way (unless I can be convinced there's a better way... but "you should write a plan first" won't convince me). Wrapped into this is anger when I (inevitably) get told that spending more time planning would help me get things done faster (doubly wrong).

I don't particularly consider myself a procrastinator, though... not for things that count. If it *needs* to get done, I won't often put off starting - I want it *done*, to give myself freedom to float on to whatever comes next. I do *not* work well with deadlines (yet strangely enough, people are always surprised at how quickly I get things done). For unimportant stuff (yardwork, house cleaning, etc.) - I'm not so much a procrastinator as a "I don't really care if it's not done yet" type . Others would consider that procrastination, I guess.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]