• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How to communicate with an ExxJ

JustHer

Pumpernickel
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Quit playing with your jump to conclusions mat. :hug:

Yeah yeah, jumping to conclusions.. cause we couldn't POSSIBLY be in the situation where people are just less equipped to give us advice on a situation of ours than we are.

Sometimes when I'm trying to get romantic advice on a strong Thinker type, people start telling me to do something that I KNOW that the person I am interested in will find weird and clingy, not sweet and adorable.

When I ask for advice, chances are I've already thought about a million possible ideas beforehand, so when you bring up the first thing that comes to your mind and had come to my mind I am not really inspired by it.

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
Yeah yeah, jumping to conclusions.. cause we couldn't POSSIBLY be in the situation where people are just less equipped to give us advice on a situation of ours than we are.

Sometimes when I'm trying to get romantic advice on a strong Thinker type, people start telling me to do something that I KNOW that the person I am interested in will find weird and clingy, not sweet and adorable.

When I ask for advice, chances are I've already thought about a million possible ideas beforehand, so when you bring up the first thing that comes to your mind and had come to my mind I am not really inspired by it.

I know, just listen to them anyway. What they say might be wrong, just don't go all apeshit on them when seems like they are wasting your time.:yes:

JustHer

Pumpernickel
MBTI Type
ENTJ
But then, often you feel like this person really has something to offer if they could just see the situation from a more relevant perspective or explain their point in a direct and clear way.

So really, I guess ENTJs often end up not listening just because it can get really frustrating sifting through sugar coated language or irrelevant solutions to try to locate something helpful.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
The one thing I could see as a major problem for INFJs and ENTPs and yes I see them paired on that one, would be:

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bu7Hyk14s0g"].[/YOUTUBE]

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Why do you want someone to offer something useful to you in a conversation? What difference does it make to you?

JustHer

Pumpernickel
MBTI Type
ENTJ
I need to be stimulated somehow in the conversation or else I will just sit there and want to scratch my eyes out.

Why would I want to talk to someone if I felt we were wasting each others time?

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well of course you need to be stimulated. So what you mean by someone "having something to offer" is just them being interesting and you perhaps learning something or the conversation being meaningful? I've picked up on this from you ENTJs as I've talked to you, just verifying.

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
I need to be stimulated somehow in the conversation or else I will just sit there and want to scratch my eyes out.

Well you don't have to talk to 'em, just politely excuse yourself from their lunacy.

JustHer

Pumpernickel
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Well of course you need to be stimulated. So what you mean by someone "having something to offer" is just them being interesting and you perhaps learning something or the conversation being meaningful? I've picked up on this from you ENTJs as I've talked to you, just verifying.

Yeah... pretty much. The thing is that we prefer direct communication so even if you have a really interesting point to make but make it with really wordy language and lots subtlety, we might just tune out.

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
i like plans....
i really enjoy my ESFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ, ISFJ (--oh gosh! SJs!!! :D) friends because they are ok with "5pm tommorow I'll call you and we'll go do ______" and they'll stick with the plan.

I know others who are so go with the flow that if they are not "RIGHT THERE RIGHT NOW!" they will completely blow off other plans

...so....dont be anti plan!

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
i like plans....
i really enjoy my ESFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ, ISFJ (--oh gosh! SJs!!! :D) friends because they are ok with "5pm tommorow I'll call you and we'll go do ______" and they'll stick with the plan.

I know others who are so go with the flow that if they are not "RIGHT THERE RIGHT NOW!" they will completely blow off other plans

...so....dont be anti plan!

OMG yes! This bugs me soooooooooo much.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5

I'm no J, but I agree with this entirely.

Stimulating conversation often, if not always, leads to some form of productive outcome.

Communication is not only a tool, but a key, and those who use it well will unlock many fruitful doors/avenues.

:yes:

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Why do you want someone to offer something useful to you in a conversation? What difference does it make to you?
I almost jumped off my chair seeing this posted, but then, you're anti-ENTJ in a way, and may often think in opposite way from me.

Like CC, I like exchanging ideas and advice that relate both to me and the one I'm speaking with. That's one way to put both of us in a path that will steadily benefit and improve both of us. Success is really attractive, may it be in personal aspects, arts, understanding, other soft subjects, business, work or anything - anything at all.

I'm all in for synergy in everything.

Talking about something useful with another person gives me a taste of success from the two of us, and strengthens our relationship - whatever kind of relationship that might be. It makes the company of the other person quite attractive.

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
Be yourself, it's better to get along naturally with somebody rather than changing your style in order not to create friction. If your interaction with us is problematic, well, probably we know it and we'll both be better off avoiding each other.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Be yourself, it's better to get along naturally with somebody rather than changing your style in order not to create friction. If your interaction with us is problematic, well, probably we know it and we'll both be better off avoiding each other.
:yes: