User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    STP

Default Js who think they are P

It just came to me that an unhealthy J can view themselves as their P counter type. They have this image of who they think they are and they believe it to an extent that they try to be someone they are not.

One thing that drove this was the folly of thinking men thread. How a type can believe themselves to be objective when they are really subjective. They will then always feel inferior because their pride and ego keeps getting hurt because they are truly subjective. What happens is they block their perception to objective data and in the process help them believe they are objective people furthering the idea that they are objective. Hence why J types have perception as either tertiary and inferior.

ok, to try and get discussion I will stop before digging to much deeper.

MBTI
    STP

This is pure logic, so feel free to bash away.

I definitely have had a problem with this. I thought I was a P for the longest time until I realized I was seeing myself incorrectly. I thought I was a certain way. At my core I am a J( I get things done as early as possible and am quick to take opportunities/make decisions), but have some P-ish tendencies (My room is messy!). I think that's an INFJ thing though.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by poki View Post
    One thing that drove this was the folly of thinking men thread. How a type can believe themselves to be objective when they are really subjective. They will then always feel inferior because their pride and ego keeps getting hurt because they are truly subjective. What happens is they block their perception to objective data and in the process help them believe they are objective people furthering the idea that they are objective. Hence why J types have perception as either tertiary and inferior.
    Um, J types have perception as dominant or auxiliary, just like Ps and everybody else.

IJ types have perception as the dominant. EJ types still have it as auxiliary. I'm not quite sure what you're talking about here; it's not as if being a J means that your perceptive functions are all bad.

As for bolded part, I've actually seen that in Fi users (xxFP) types significantly more often than in any J type. They invariably describe themselves as "extremely logical" because they truly believe that their arbitrary feelings = logic. It's pretty silly at times.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyx View Post
    I definitely have had a problem with this. I thought I was a P for the longest time until I realized I was seeing myself incorrectly. I thought I was a certain way. At my core, I am a J, but have some P-ish tendencies. I think that's an INFJ thing though.
    Introverted types in general are a little confusing because the J ones are dominant in the perceiving function and vice versa for the Ps.

If you're INFJ then your dominant function is Ni, which is the perceiving one, so this might create some confusion for you.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

I've thought of this before. I actually do think there are Js who think they are Ps. I've seen J-ness in a lot of Ps in this forum and in experience.

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    -- Fi users (xxFP) types -- invariably describe themselves as "extremely logical" because they truly believe that their arbitrary feelings = logic. It's pretty silly at times.
    Big, big YES.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ISTx

I have the lowercase J for a reason. I am a J, but I can have really enlarged P-ness sometimes.

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    Um, J types have perception as dominant or auxiliary, just like Ps and everybody else.
    IJ types have perception as the dominant. EJ types still have it as auxiliary. I'm not quite sure what you're talking about here; it's not as if being a J means that your perceptive functions are all bad.

As for bolded part, I've actually seen that in Fi users (xxFP) types significantly more often than in any J type. They invariably describe themselves as "extremely logical" because they truly believe that their arbitrary feelings = logic. It's pretty silly at times.

Introverted types in general are a little confusing because the J ones are dominant in the perceiving function and vice versa for the Ps.

If you're INFJ then your dominant function is Ni, which is the perceiving one, so this might create some confusion for you.
    But its an internal perception. Hence they are driven by what they believe internally not externally and its not that they have an inferior external perception, but they pick and choose what they want to see externally.

In support of what Jag said in another post. Its not that my Se is any stronger then someone elses, its just that I block and control less of what I see.

Quote Originally Posted by Beat View Post
    I have the lowercase J for a reason. I am a J, but I can have really enlarged P-ness sometimes.
    Ahhhhhhhh............. enlarge P-ness. I would say stop, but I laugh everytime

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Beat View Post

MBTI
    STP

Ok, this morning my son wouldnt say "I love you" to someone when he was mad. I tried to talk to him and he would grunt. He then asked for me to play a song and I told him I would only play it if he agreed to what I said. He finally agreed, and I asked him to repeat it and he grunted. I told him I would not play it until he repeated what I said. A minute later he asked me again what I had said because he wasnt listening so he could repeat it.

He believed he was right in his feeling so he wasnt gonna say "I love you" because he was mad and he wasnt gonna listen to anyone(block external perception) because he was validate in his mad feeling. I simply let him know that its alright to be mad and still let someone know you love them and thats what I made him repeat. But its his stubborness driven by his feelings that caused him to block any external perception. He basically shut out Ne and Te and got stuck in Si and Fi.