• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Lazy Intuitives?

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
As an NF I think I can explain why INFPs can be seen as lazier than INTPs.

INTPs can ignore dryness better than INFPs just by logically saying 'Just 4.321142 paychecks to go until I get that awesome 32 button mouse I saw at bestbuy.' :D

INFPs like to do things that have a level of inspiration with them, or 'Flavor.' Since they thrive on things that trigger Fi, and most work doesnt, they get bored quickly.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
As an NF I think I can explain why INFPs can be seen as lazier than INTPs.

INTPs can ignore dryness better than INFPs just by logically saying 'Just 4.321142 paychecks to go until I get that awesome 32 button mouse I saw at bestbuy.' :D

INFPs like to do things that have a level of inspiration with them, or 'Flavor.' Since they thrive on things that trigger Fi, and most work doesnt, they get bored quickly.

This is probably true. My brother is (probably) an INFP and getting him to do necessary work is even harder than it is for me or my INTJ brother.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
I'm a lazy perfectionist.

I need to hire me a secretary/personal bitch to do all the mundane shit I've got to do.

Life is too short to waste time spending energy on boring-everyday-shit.

Speaking of, I need to brush my teeth.

Hahahaha, just thought of the movie Coming to America.

:)

Lily Bart

MBTI Type
INFP
I think a lot of what not-N's refer to as work is just busy-ness and doesn't really accomplish much. N's see patterns and realize "been there, done that" and move on to something that might be more efficacious ... well, maybe not in the case of ENFP's... (Sorry! just kidding!)

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm sure I appear lazy in many ways, but I actually get stuff done in my own little way.

On the job, I always felt like people were surprised when I would announce that everything on my end was done and I was just waiting on them to wrap up their work so we could meet the deadline. I would get this look like, "Wow, and I thought you were just on myspace all day." They didn't realize that I work quickly in short bursts and get it done efficiently so I have time to goof off and daydream, haha.

I'm also very mood-influenced, meaning, if I am not in the mood, then I avoid a task. This is not good in some ways (procrastination), but when the mood hits where I feel energized to get it done, then it's done quickly and done well.

I also do a lot of the work in my head first. This is bad when I feel like I already did it, but it has yet to be physically executed. However, when I go to do it, it's done quickly since I have it all mapped out.

I ran a production/art department with that work style, and they were pissed when I left to do my own thing, so apparently it was working.

G

Ginkgo

This may sound ridiculous, but it is sometimes helpful for me to role-play in order to get something done.

Whenever I mow the lawn or use my weed-wacker, I pretend that I am some ancient warrior slaying plant demons or something. It's the only way to make things interesting.

When I was younger I would pretend that I was a robot when I had to organize things. Organization became my "function".

Even now, I find it is helpful to act as if I am a madhat social alarmist or scientist when writing an essay. In this way, I can be passionate about my stance without feeling bad for being close minded.

B

brainheart

Paul McCartney and John Lennon of the Beatles were very different songwriters. I would type McCartney as ISFP and Lennon as INFP. Since extraverted sensing loves experiencing things for its own sake, McCartney was constantly writing songs, finding new influences and mastering his instrument. Lennon always seemed to need inspiration and always complained how Paul would walk in one day with 20 songs and ask to record and John would have to grudgingly come up with something (This happened supposedly on Sgt. Pepper's). He didn't want to force his songs. Not to mention I have read (And kind of noticed from listening) John wasn't as adept instrumentally as Paul. Biographies also characterize Lennon as very lazy.

Lennon's song 'I'm only sleeping' is basically my theme song, so yes.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This may sound ridiculous, but it is sometimes helpful for me to role-play in order to get something done.

Oh totally :D
I also pretend to be explaining what I am doing to someone :blush:. Like when I was a kid and had homework, I'd think: "This is how you solve this math problem."

B

brainheart

Here it is:

When I wake up early in the morning,
Lift my head, I'm still yawning
When I'm in the middle of a dream
Stay in bed, float up stream

Please don't wake me, no
don't shake me
Leave me where I am
I'm only sleeping

Everybody seems to think I'm lazy
I don't mind, I think they're crazy
Running everywhere at such a speed
Till they find, there's no need

Please don't spoil my day
I'm miles away
And after all
I'm only sleeping

Keeping an eye on the world going by my window
Taking my time

Lying there and staring at the ceiling
Waiting for a sleepy feeling

I'm miles away
And after all
I'm only sleeping

Taking my time

Please don't wake me, no
don't shake me
Leave me where I am
I'm only sleeping

My super -busy motivated ESTP husband whole-heartedly agrees.

B

brainheart

I'm a lazy perfectionist.

I need to hire me a secretary/personal bitch to do all the mundane shit I've got to do.

Life is too short to waste time spending energy on boring-everyday-shit.

Speaking of, I need to brush my teeth.

Hahahaha, just thought of the movie Coming to America.

:)

I think most NFs have dreams of having a Jeeves-like valet. I know I do.

Ishida

MBTI Type
INTJ
As an INTJ I tend to be the "hare" who sleeps until the last minute then ninja dashes to the end at the last minute. >_>

G

Ginkgo

Oh totally :D
I also pretend to be explaining what I am doing to someone :blush:. Like when I was a kid and had homework, I'd think: "This is how you solve this math problem."

Oh yes, that actually helps when you're processing information because you're giving yourself internal and external queues.

In fact, when teaching others, it is important to reiterate the question at hand for the same reasons. :D

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
That one! I do that a lot. :)

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
My ISFJ mom used to say about me and my ENTP dad:

You guys just need a looooot of time for yourselves in order to function!

It frustrated her to no end, she never could quite understand how it was I was able to sit in a couch and stare blankly in front of me without doing anything or moving. Worse, that I seemed to need it, and then complained about not having enough time to finish whatever I was supposed to do in the first place. It drove her bonkers that I was able to study only under great pressure, when I should've been in bed already, and do so little. She never did quite know if she should be happy or annoyed that I passed every damned time :blush: :D

My father was exactly the same, and it drove her mad, as she never knew if they had agreed a week ago that today they were going to finish something in the house or whatever, he'd actually get to it and be in the mood for it

The Outsider

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
So I agree with Mystic Tater and OrangeAppled about the role playing and explaining things.

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Whenever I mow the lawn or use my weed-wacker, I pretend that I am some ancient warrior slaying plant demons or something. It's the only way to make things interesting.

I used to try to write novels in my head while I vaccuumed my grandma's (large) fabric store.

Queen Kat

The Duchess of Oddity
MBTI Type
E.T.
Enneagram
7w8
Here it is:

Please don't wake me, no
don't shake me
Leave me where I am
I'm only sleeping

Everybody seems to think I'm lazy
I don't mind, I think they're crazy
Running everywhere at such a speed
Till they find, there's no need

I'm miles away
And after all
I'm only sleeping

Taking my time

Lying there and staring at the ceiling
Waiting for a sleepy feeling

I'm miles away
And after all
I'm only sleeping

Taking my time

Please don't wake me, no
don't shake me
Leave me where I am
I'm only sleeping

My super -busy motivated ESTP husband whole-heartedly agrees.

Wow, that sounds exactly like me!

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
I used to try to write novels in my head while I vaccuumed my grandma's (large) fabric store.

Yeah? I can only hear incessant bitter whining inside my head the whole time.