User Tag List

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Inferior Projection

8w7 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by VagrantFarce View Post
    "I don't have to persue my inferior function, look at what it does to the world..."
    ETJ (fi) "...people are so unwilling to take charge, too afraid of stepping on someone else's toes just to get something done. I get things done, I have the balls to see how life really works."
    I've just had my first typology-related "How did they read my mind?!?" moment! When I was a child, I would get so infuriated by teachers calling on kids who wouldn't raise their hands, or adults/media giving us advice to approach and talk to shy people. Couldn't they see that those people didn't want to talk?

I've grown a sense of empathy, but this is still my gut response to a lot of things. Especially the "afraid of stepping on toes" thing. I would rather not hurt anyone's feelings, but I think directness is the best method– indirectness often hurts peoples' feelings more in the long run.

Can't believe I made this thread 3 years ago. Can't even remember what I was doing back then XD

curiouser and curiouser Array bluestripes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by VagrantFarce View Post
    IFP (te): "...individuals are so divided and discouraged, for such horrid impersonal reasons. I pay attention to how people feel, and that's more important than anything."
    this was SO me at approximately 15-19 years old. (also add: "so unspiritual and concerned with that which is not going to matter in the grand scheme of things").

these days i think i'm more frustrated with: those who do "what everyone else does" without reflecting on the possible consequences, and without thinking first whether it is right/sensible/useful/suits them as a person; those who confuse being emotional with being illogical; those who use their emotions to destroy relationships and to make their own existence far worse and more complicated than they would have been otherwise (rather than using them to enjoy life, to be creative and to become closer to other people). similar, i guess, but not quite the same.
    "i love deadlines. i like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." (c) douglas adams

"there are only two ways to live your life. one is as though nothing is a miracle. the other is as though everything is a miracle." (c) albert einstein

"if only i could grow with my eyes - like these leaves - into the depth" (c) sergei esenin

"god is in the details" (c) proverb