User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by VagrantFarce View Post
    "I don't have to persue my inferior function, look at what it does to the world..."
    ENP (si) "...immobility never lasts, the earth never sits still. If you just sit in one place, how could you possibly go anywhere?"
    Almost true... I would formulate it like this:

"What is the use of outdated knowledge? Circumstances change, it's better to find a new solution for each new problem."

I tried to formulate it in a negative way, but I'm actually quite okay with Si. Last year, I've learnt that the more knowledge you have (about facts and details, so real Si knowledge), the better you become at solving problems. So memorizing is useful after all... Even if you don't refer to your experience at first try, you probably use it when finding the new solution.

This post is actually an example of that. I'm using some knowledge I learnt in a didactics course... and in a different context.
    Got questions? Ask an ENTP!
    I'm female. I just can't draw women

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

"I don't have to persue my inferior function, look at what it does to the world..."

INJ (se): "...such a brutal, sensate landscape. why do people settle for animalistic immediacy? I'm not an animal, that's for sure. I'll conceive my own reality, on my own terms."
    ITP (fe): "...people are so easily manipulated and shallow. I can see how things really work, I couldn't possibly play along. Isn't anyone able to think for themselves?"

IFP (te): "...individuals are so divided and discouraged, for such horrid impersonal reasons. I pay attention to how people feel, and that's more important than anything."
    ISJ (ne): "...such chaos and nonsense, it would all self-destruct if it wasn't for those of us keeping check of things. Do people really want things to fall apart?"

EFJ (ti): "...cold, hard logic doesn't go anywhere toward helping people. where would we be without each other? why risk breaking that neccessary bond?"
    ETJ (fi) "...people are so unwilling to take charge, too afraid of stepping on someone else's toes just to get something done. I get things done, I have the balls to see how life really works."

ENP (si) "...immobility never lasts, the earth never sits still. If you just sit in one place, how could you possibly go anywhere?"

ESP (ni) "...trying to repress your own instincts only serves to heighten them. why are people so frightened of what's right in front of their nose?"
    Good work! I can relate to all of the statements which identify weaker areas for me: Fe, Se, Si, Ni and Fi to some extent.
    (I am Ti, Ne, Te, Fi, Ni).

(yes, I know I hold contradictory views)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    intp

ITP (fe): "...people are so easily manipulated and shallow. I can see how things really work, I couldn't possibly play along. Isn't anyone able to think for themselves?"
    This is easily and by far the thought I'm most likely to have every day (of the options given).

Funny that - yesterday ESTP was suggested as a 3rd option on the cognitive functions test (so wrong!) and now my second choice is:

ESP (ni) "...trying to repress your own instincts only serves to heighten them. why are people so frightened of what's right in front of their nose?"
    but the first sentence more than the second. Not right in front of your nose but rather what is right under your skin.
    hoarding time and space
    A single event can awaken within us a stranger totally unknown to us. To live is to be slowly born.
    — Antoine de Saint-Exupery

INJ (se): "...such a brutal, sensate landscape. why do people settle for animalistic immediacy? I'm not an animal, that's for sure. I'll conceive my own reality, on my own terms."
    IFP (te): "...individuals are so divided and discouraged, for such horrid impersonal reasons. I pay attention to how people feel, and that's more important than anything."
    ISJ (ne): "...such unneccessary nonsense, it would all self-destruct if it wasn't for those of us keeping check of what's important. Do people really want things to fall apart?"

EFJ (ti): "...such uncaring people, unable to care for the needs of others. We're defined by the relationships we share, and to think otherwise is to be selfish and unhelpful!"
    ETJ (fi) "...people are so unwilling to take charge, too afraid of stepping on someone else's toes just to get something done. I get things done, I have the balls to see how life really works."
    ENP (si) "...people are too willing to take the accepted route, unable to see the possibilities available to them. I can see the possibilities, and I'm not afraid to take advantage."
    ESP (ni) "...people are too afraid to trust their instincts, too afraid of losing control of what doesn't exist and just enjoying the moment."
    Hello

MBTI
    eNTP

Hmm, I suppose I like your ENP one, although you seemed to use "motion" as a sort of motif, which I can't relate to because like many ENTPs (i think?) i'm extremely LAZY.
    in fact sometimes I think I like being familiar with a place, it lets you get comfortable and explore something more in-depth... Uh oh... is this Ni? AM I GOING ENTJ AGAIN? AAAAH
    A colleague of the great scientist James Watson remarked that Watson was always lounging around, arguing about problems instead of doing experiments. He concluded that There is more than one way of doing good science.
    It was Watsons form of idleness, the scientist went on to say, that allowed him to solve the greatest of all biological problems: the discovery of the structure of DNA. It's a point worth remembering in a society overly concerned with efficiency.

MBTI
    eNTP

Quote Originally Posted by Tamske View Post
    Almost true... I would formulate it like this:

"What is the use of outdated knowledge? Circumstances change, it's better to find a new solution for each new problem."

I tried to formulate it in a negative way, but I'm actually quite okay with Si. Last year, I've learnt that the more knowledge you have (about facts and details, so real Si knowledge), the better you become at solving problems. So memorizing is useful after all... Even if you don't refer to your experience at first try, you probably use it when finding the new solution.

This post is actually an example of that. I'm using some knowledge I learnt in a didactics course... and in a different context.
    I like this.
    A colleague of the great scientist James Watson remarked that Watson was always lounging around, arguing about problems instead of doing experiments. He concluded that There is more than one way of doing good science.
    It was Watsons form of idleness, the scientist went on to say, that allowed him to solve the greatest of all biological problems: the discovery of the structure of DNA. It's a point worth remembering in a society overly concerned with efficiency.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh? wgah'nagl fhtagn

MBTI
    ENXP

^ Oh bejesus. XP

It's not just his view of the world that gives his bad Si away.

MBTI
    intp

A-ha, according to this, I would be an INFP. I really hate things like war, which are all about impersonal efficiency. It feels like people sometimes try to ruin everything that's beautiful and justify it by "rationality"-- like the bad people in "Avatar".

Although now that I think of it, I can also relate to the INJ thing. When I was younger, I was frustrated with and disappointed in how people were so mundane and vulgar... laughing at such stupid things, behaving as if they didn't take things like poetry and ideology seriously. Can't people just slow down and be silent for a while and respect things that belong in a higher reality?

(Except that I am an animal. Animals are cute and cuddly, and they're in touch with the nature. <3 Immediate connection to the nature is good, it's just that most people ruin it by being... so... "efficient" and "rational". )

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Or to relate it to my work environment.

"You're treating the staff like they are just tools or machines. Of course they will be demotivated and discouraged. I pay attention to how people feel, and that's more important than anything."

As you can see from my sig, my Te is way, way at the end of the process :P
    4w5, Fi>Ne>Ti>Si>Ni>Fe>Te>Se, sp > so > sx

appreciates being appreciated, conflicted over conflicts, afraid of being afraid, bad at being bad, predictably unpredictable, consistently inconsistent, remarkably unremarkable...

I may not agree with what you are feeling, but I will defend to death your right to have a good cry over it

The whole problem with the world is that fools & fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts. ~ Bertrand Russell