• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Question regarding E/I

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
If someone is energized by social interaction some of the time, but then s/he prefers to be alone the rest of the time, would you consider them to be an introvert or an extravert?

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Introvert. Positive interaction energizes everyone, but an introvert will still crash afterwards.

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
But what if they do not "crash" after social interactions?

deleted
In today's society probably extrovert. Do you know how many awesome things you can do this day and age while being alone?

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ah I meant crash after a certain amount of time socializing even if it is energizing.

Chloe

Honestly, nobody knows. People keep speculating about what's I what's E, but they mostly even contradict themselves.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
With those people who are very balanced on E/I it's honestly very hard to tell, you have to rely more on functions and analyzing your biological responses to stimuli from the environment to tell.

raz

Let's make this showy!
MBTI Type
LoLz
Honestly, nobody knows. People keep speculating about what's I what's E, but they mostly even contradict themselves.

It's more like a playing field. To an E, the external world is their playground. To an I, their inner thoughts are where home is. That's the simplest way to put the difference. You're going to be draining yourself by devoting time to the playing field you don't focus on.

Plus there's also the fact that when you extravert or introvert, you can be faced against one of 4 functions. This is more easily noticed in extraversion as when you contend with the outside world, you have trillions of people that are altering it. You might extravert with intuition, but if you're having to use your intuition to deal with something thinking oriented, it's going to be more taxing.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
the main thing i notice is the need to discuss things out loud...get feedback and bounce off ideas....becoming depressed without interaction...not feeling like you when you're alone too long...feeling like all your neurons get fired up when around people....being so buzzed by the energy of other people that it can take hours to calm down enough to sleep after...and not true for all extraverts but i don't need to sort out what i'm going to say first...like the introverts i know do...they sit on things a long time before saying it and that wouldn't occur to me i just say it.

deleted
It's more like a playing field. To an E, the external world is their playground. To an I, their inner thoughts are where home is. That's the simplest way to put the difference. You're going to be draining yourself by devoting time to the playing field you don't focus on.

Plus there's also the fact that when you extravert or introvert, you can be faced against one of 4 functions. This is more easily noticed in extraversion as when you contend with the outside world, you have trillions of people that are altering it. You might extravert with intuition, but if you're having to use your intuition to deal with something thinking oriented, it's going to be more taxing.

Yeah this sounds much closer to the idea of extroversion and introversion than most other things. Si for instance is not the function that focuses on the external world, but it is still based upon realism and actuality. It is one's thoughts and memories that propel their sense of regularity and confidence, which makes this dominant function user more obstinate but still focused on reality.