• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Abuse of Power

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Good God Victor, would you make a damned point already?

You are clearly here to evangelize, and beat that tired old drum again, but when people try to engage you respectfully and intelligently, you regress once more into inane nursery rhymes. If you are trying to convert you need to be coherent and consistent. You also need to back up your statements with evidence. You know this, you are not stupid, so why do you persist? It's almost as if you want people to ridicule and dismiss you as a grumpy old codger with an ax to grind. Why?

It's true that war has had an impact on the empowerment of women, but it was WWI that led to the enfranchisement of women across much of Europe and the US. That was before Psychological Types had even been published, let alone MBTI was in use. If anything, the emancipation of women could be said to have shaped the theory, rather than the other way around.

As for objectifying the enemy - you sort of shoot yourself in the foot with that argument. There is no Aryan type; no "enemy" type. MBTI dissolves the artificial distinctions of race, gender, religion, culture. It brings people together and offers a model for understanding humanity that is, if nothing else, supremely humane.

What else you got?

Mole

Permabanned
What else you got?

You are very tempting Bluemonday. And even my confessor tells me that the best way to beat temptation is to give in to it.

But alas I offered you mutual validation and you offer me an argument.

I offer you a silk purse and you offer me a pig's ear.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You are very tempting Bluemonday. And even my confessor tells me that the best way to beat temptation is to give in to it.

I'm not interested in purses or in mutual validation. I'm interested in truth. Do feel free to validate your theories though. I'm all ears. ;)

Mole

Permabanned
I'm not interested in purses or in mutual validation. I'm interested in truth. Do feel free to validate your theories though. I'm all ears. ;)

I had hoped to validate you. Just as I had hoped you would validate me. But my hopes were dashed. And having had such high hopes, I can't find it in myself to settle for less. I can't find it in myself to settle for mutual invalidation.

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
Look Tink, I don't think there is any chance the military will abandon MBTI. But I do think that if you and I bury our differences, we can improve the situation 100%.

We can improve the situation simply by persuading the military to include astrology and Wind in the Willows along with MBTI.

In this way we can save face all the way round. The military saves face over MBTI. And you and I save face over astrology and Wind in the Willows.

And Mr Badger is content that we have all adopted his superb solution.

I'm sad you think that there is a battle between us, but simply overly wide generalisations simply don't stack up in real life.

The think with the millatry is that unless their is conscriptions aka a time of war, people sign up to be unempowered, they know they have to follow rules when they join. That is a CHOICE....

As for Badger and Tody - maybe you need to pen an email to a highly estemeed general.

sgtmac_46

MBTI Type
ENTP
MBTI is a bogus personality test foisted by the military on those under their command, I repeat, under their command, during and since WW II.

And MBTI is a bogus personality test foisted by business on their employees, I repeat, on their employees, for about the same period of time.

And MBTI is a bogus personality test foisted on school children by the middle aged.

In each case those with power are foisting a bogus personality test on those without power, and in the case of the military, on those under their command.

But those in power have a duty of care to the vulnerable. But rather than exercising their duty of care they use their power to take advantage of the vulnerable.

This is called the abuse of power.

INFJ?

sgtmac_46

MBTI Type
ENTP
It's nice to reply to your first post.

However MBTI claims to be a valid an reliable personality test. However any Psychology Department in an accredited University will tell you MBTI is an invalid and unreliable personality test.

They will also direct you to valid and reliable personality tests. And will point out to you that they only remain valid and reliable if they are administered by an independent qualified psychometrician.

So MBTI is not only a bogus personality test but the very way it is used makes it simply nonsense.

But it becomes sinister when you realise it is used by those in power against the vulnerable.

Sinister.....SINISTER I tell you........'They' are watching.......:devil:

You forgot something in your conspiracy theory.......the competing conspiracy by psychometricians. ;)

sgtmac_46

MBTI Type
ENTP
thanks for the tip, bro

chuck%2Bd%2Bfist.jpg

Bond is word,Word is bond.....FIGHT THE POWER! :devil:

sgtmac_46

MBTI Type
ENTP
Psychologically it is hard to kill living human beings. That is why the military goes to a great deal of psychological trouble to reify the enemy. That is, the military turns living human beings into things so that they may be more easily killed.

And the best way to reify the enemy is to first reify your own people. For when they start to think of themselves as things, it is a very short step to thinking of the enemy as things.

And the very purpose of MBTI is to reify. It was created to induct women into the war machine during WW II. And so, as you notice, it appeals to women just as astrology does. And in helping women to reify themselves and others it, gives women a false sense of agency and power. MBTI is highly seductive - and it works.

MBTI was the original empowerment of women - taking them out of the home and into the war machine.

And today MBTI makes us cogs, not only in the war machine, but in business as well.

And all these school girls and school boys, still emotionally and financially dependent on their parents, taking MBTI in like mother's milk.

Reify...............:smoke:

I think the issue is really about Seroquel.......or lack thereof.

sgtmac_46

MBTI Type
ENTP

Holy Mixed-up Metaphors Batman!

Seriously......your argument is that the MBTI is part of a conspiracy by the US Military industrial complex to reify individuals for it's war machine.........and you want to be taken remotely seriously? :rofl1:

Have you taken the test? You're an INFJ aren't you?

sgtmac_46

MBTI Type
ENTP
Psychologically it is hard to kill living human beings. That is why the military goes to a great deal of psychological trouble to reify the enemy. That is, the military turns living human beings into things so that they may be more easily killed.
It's not hard to kill living human beings........other human beings have been doing it for many thousands of years before the words 'MBTI' ever existed.

What's furthermore, the idea that the 'MBTI' is somehow a tool to make killing 'easier' is asinine! Probably one of the most asinine assertions i've read in quite sometime (and that's high praise as i've read some pretty asinine assertions!).

As even a crazy conspiracy theory it fails, as it lacks any coherent theme. Here, let me help......'The military uses the MBTI to help it BETTER select those who can kill, and separate out those not predisposed to it'........at least that would make sense. Just helping you make crazy rants sound more believable.....you're welcome!

Falling Snow

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
3&7

I see you've sidestepped two requests for evidence now.

Are you drunk or on drugs when you write because it really reads like that.

I'll remember not to bother having a discussion with you in future.

sgtmac_46

MBTI Type
ENTP
I see you've sidestepped two requests for evidence now.

Are you drunk or on drugs when you write because it really reads like that.

I'll remember not to bother having a discussion with you in future.

Your first mistake was demanding that Victor be logical and consistent, and remotely make sense.......you set the bar kind of high, it's no wonder it's not being reached.

Falling Snow

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
3&7
Your first mistake was demanding that Victor be logical and consistent, and remotely make sense.......you set the bar kind of high, it's no wonder it's not being reached.

:doh: I'm new, that's my excuse

Mole

Permabanned
I'm sad you think that there is a battle between us...

It is amazing we have these intense emotional interactions across the world with perfect strangers.

But the CIA is right - the greatest threat to national security is the internet. For in the 50s we were told the Reds were under the bed, but now the internet is in our bedrooms. Is it any wonder we respond with intense emotion?

And yet we don't seem to realise that there is nothing more contagious than emotion. And the proof is we can't stay away from the internet.

But the extraordinary thing is that we are all starting to feel together. It's like one big hippie love-in. We all share the same emotion at the same time.

We can't turn off the internet and the waves of emotion keep rolling in.

Of course we try to control the waves using MBTI or reason or even evidence. But the truth is that the waves control us. All we can do is learn how to surf the waves of emotion beating in our bedrooms.

Whoopee! Surf's up.

INTJ123

HAHHAHHAH!
MBTI Type
ESFP
you are very lonely and you hate your life don't you?

Mole

Permabanned
you are very lonely and you hate your life don't you?

Oddly enough I was a happy child and I am a happy adult because I choose to be happy.

I don't say I will be happy when I get this or achieve that. Rather I choose to be happy now.

It's true I live in a privileged environment and I do enjoy interacting on the internet. And I am just about to walk up to the Bakery for coffee and the paper and a chat with friends.

But I confess when I first started work I would dream of escaping to a desert island. But today I have found my little paradise in the heart of a designer city, Canberra.

And I suspect it is not me that is lonely and hates life.

INTJ123

HAHHAHHAH!
MBTI Type
ESFP
Oddly enough I was a happy child and I am a happy adult because I choose to be happy.

I don't say I will be happy when I get this or achieve that. Rather I choose to be happy now.

It's true I live in a privileged environment and I do enjoy interacting on the internet.

And I am just about to walk up to the Bakery for coffee and the paper and a chat with friends.

But I confess when I first started work I would dream of escaping to a desert island. But today I have found my little paradise in the heart of a designer city, Canberra.

And I suspect it is not me that is lonely and hates life.

that was an odd response from you, what happened to your vagueness? I think I finally set him straight.