User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Results 21 to 30 of 42

  1. #21
    meh Salomé's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Posts
    10,540

    Default

    Good God Victor, would you make a damned point already?

    You are clearly here to evangelize, and beat that tired old drum again, but when people try to engage you respectfully and intelligently, you regress once more into inane nursery rhymes. If you are trying to convert you need to be coherent and consistent. You also need to back up your statements with evidence. You know this, you are not stupid, so why do you persist? It's almost as if you want people to ridicule and dismiss you as a grumpy old codger with an ax to grind. Why?


    It's true that war has had an impact on the empowerment of women, but it was WWI that led to the enfranchisement of women across much of Europe and the US. That was before Psychological Types had even been published, let alone MBTI was in use. If anything, the emancipation of women could be said to have shaped the theory, rather than the other way around.

    As for objectifying the enemy - you sort of shoot yourself in the foot with that argument. There is no Aryan type; no "enemy" type. MBTI dissolves the artificial distinctions of race, gender, religion, culture. It brings people together and offers a model for understanding humanity that is, if nothing else, supremely humane.


    What else you got?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

  2. #22
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18,536

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bluemonday View Post
    What else you got?
    You are very tempting Bluemonday. And even my confessor tells me that the best way to beat temptation is to give in to it.

    But alas I offered you mutual validation and you offer me an argument.

    I offer you a silk purse and you offer me a pig's ear.

  3. #23
    meh Salomé's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Posts
    10,540

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    You are very tempting Bluemonday. And even my confessor tells me that the best way to beat temptation is to give in to it.

    But alas I offered you mutual validation and you offer me an argument.

    I offer you a silk purse and you offer me a pig's ear.
    I'm not interested in purses or in mutual validation. I'm interested in truth. Do feel free to validate your theories though. I'm all ears.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

  4. #24
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18,536

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bluemonday View Post
    I'm not interested in purses or in mutual validation. I'm interested in truth. Do feel free to validate your theories though. I'm all ears.
    I had hoped to validate you. Just as I had hoped you would validate me. But my hopes were dashed. And having had such high hopes, I can't find it in myself to settle for less. I can't find it in myself to settle for mutual invalidation.

  5. #25
    Senior Member tinkerbell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    3,487

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Look Tink, I don't think there is any chance the military will abandon MBTI. But I do think that if you and I bury our differences, we can improve the situation 100%.

    We can improve the situation simply by persuading the military to include astrology and Wind in the Willows along with MBTI.

    In this way we can save face all the way round. The military saves face over MBTI. And you and I save face over astrology and Wind in the Willows.

    And Mr Badger is content that we have all adopted his superb solution.

    I'm sad you think that there is a battle between us, but simply overly wide generalisations simply don't stack up in real life.

    The think with the millatry is that unless their is conscriptions aka a time of war, people sign up to be unempowered, they know they have to follow rules when they join. That is a CHOICE....

    As for Badger and Tody - maybe you need to pen an email to a highly estemeed general.

  6. #26
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    203

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    MBTI is a bogus personality test foisted by the military on those under their command, I repeat, under their command, during and since WW II.

    And MBTI is a bogus personality test foisted by business on their employees, I repeat, on their employees, for about the same period of time.

    And MBTI is a bogus personality test foisted on school children by the middle aged.

    In each case those with power are foisting a bogus personality test on those without power, and in the case of the military, on those under their command.

    But those in power have a duty of care to the vulnerable. But rather than exercising their duty of care they use their power to take advantage of the vulnerable.

    This is called the abuse of power.
    INFJ?
    No friend ever served me, and no enemy ever wronged me, whom I have not repaid in full." Lucius Cornelius Sulla

  7. #27
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    203

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    It's nice to reply to your first post.

    However MBTI claims to be a valid an reliable personality test. However any Psychology Department in an accredited University will tell you MBTI is an invalid and unreliable personality test.

    They will also direct you to valid and reliable personality tests. And will point out to you that they only remain valid and reliable if they are administered by an independent qualified psychometrician.

    So MBTI is not only a bogus personality test but the very way it is used makes it simply nonsense.

    But it becomes sinister when you realise it is used by those in power against the vulnerable.

    Sinister.....SINISTER I tell you........'They' are watching.......

    You forgot something in your conspiracy theory.......the competing conspiracy by psychometricians.
    No friend ever served me, and no enemy ever wronged me, whom I have not repaid in full." Lucius Cornelius Sulla

  8. #28
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    203

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VagrantFarce View Post
    thanks for the tip, bro

    Bond is word,Word is bond.....FIGHT THE POWER!
    No friend ever served me, and no enemy ever wronged me, whom I have not repaid in full." Lucius Cornelius Sulla

  9. #29
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    203

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Psychologically it is hard to kill living human beings. That is why the military goes to a great deal of psychological trouble to reify the enemy. That is, the military turns living human beings into things so that they may be more easily killed.

    And the best way to reify the enemy is to first reify your own people. For when they start to think of themselves as things, it is a very short step to thinking of the enemy as things.

    And the very purpose of MBTI is to reify. It was created to induct women into the war machine during WW II. And so, as you notice, it appeals to women just as astrology does. And in helping women to reify themselves and others it, gives women a false sense of agency and power. MBTI is highly seductive - and it works.

    MBTI was the original empowerment of women - taking them out of the home and into the war machine.

    And today MBTI makes us cogs, not only in the war machine, but in business as well.

    And all these school girls and school boys, still emotionally and financially dependent on their parents, taking MBTI in like mother's milk.
    Reify...............

    I think the issue is really about Seroquel.......or lack thereof.
    No friend ever served me, and no enemy ever wronged me, whom I have not repaid in full." Lucius Cornelius Sulla

  10. #30
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    203

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    You are very tempting Bluemonday. And even my confessor tells me that the best way to beat temptation is to give in to it.

    But alas I offered you mutual validation and you offer me an argument.

    I offer you a silk purse and you offer me a pig's ear.

    Holy Mixed-up Metaphors Batman!

    Seriously......your argument is that the MBTI is part of a conspiracy by the US Military industrial complex to reify individuals for it's war machine.........and you want to be taken remotely seriously?

    Have you taken the test? You're an INFJ aren't you?
    No friend ever served me, and no enemy ever wronged me, whom I have not repaid in full." Lucius Cornelius Sulla

Similar Threads

  1. If You Oppose The Electoral College, Then You Support The Abuse Of Minorities
    By Mal12345 in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 11-14-2016, 09:11 PM
  2. The Limitation of Power
    By Mole in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 02-16-2013, 10:49 PM
  3. The Ego Shattering Power of Sexuality
    By Mole in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 53
    Last Post: 07-21-2008, 05:36 PM
  4. The Logic of Power
    By ygolo in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 06-20-2008, 01:12 AM
  5. The Political Economy of Power
    By reason in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-02-2008, 10:26 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO