User Tag List

First 678

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by UniqueMixture View Post
    Thanks for the link.

"Thus, the very people shouting conspiracy are more likely themselves to conspire."

Now THAT, I believe.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w4

I don't fall for conspiracy theories....I prove them.

Hoooo-zuuuuh !!!

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

i like to read and hear different theories and if someone labels the theory as 'conspiracy', i dont really let it blur my own judgment about it. but it is a fact that most of these conspiracy theories often cannot be proven in one way or another, thats why i dont think its good idea to blindly accept or dismiss them and they really need some throughout examination to be accepted as a reasonable theory or to be dismissed.
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Conspiracy theories can be especially attractive to individuals who integrate fear into their reasoning. Conspiracy theories can make a person feel like they have insider information, special personal insight, and a way to structure their fears into a set of clear answers. Even if they are powerless to correct the dark world view, knowing what is going on provides some sense of personal power. I can see both iNtuition and Feeling contributing to this, but there are other ways to arrive at conspiracy based conclusions.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

Let me count the ways Betty Blue's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Well, i don't even like to think of it as conspiracy theory as it gives an impression of tinfoil hat wearing off milk sniffing nut jobs sitting in their cupboards with pins and a blackboard. Buuut.....

Hmm, i also don't like the phrasing of 'fall for'...see above.

I just think near anything is possible, this does not mean i subscribe to any specific theories.

I entertain the idea of some.
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"

In orbit
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Thisica View Post
    Nah. To the contrary! Someone with weak Ni would have little idea over how to moderate the function. Although I'm Ni-dominant, I have standards which I use to see whether these ideas stand up to scrutiny. And all of them fail for several reasons:
    1) Too many people involved.
    2) Logistical nightmare
    3) The world is large, you know.
    4) Humans don't act rationally.

I could list some more, but there you have it.
    Amen to this. I'm extremely sceptical of conspiracy theories, though I'm also extremely sceptical of the official truth. I reserve the same level of scepticism for both. Well... more scepticism for absolutely wackytastic theories. I think a Ni dom is kind of at home with complexity and shuffling so many versions of the truth that they are less likely than others to e.g. believe we're being controlled by space lizards . If you see an INFJ nodding their heads to someone explaining any kind of a "certainty" of secret cover ups, they're probs just being polite and maybe thinking of a way to help the poor guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric B View Post
    Yea, the more mature the function, the less likely it is to come across in a negative fashion such as conspiracy theories. Ni preferrers would know which patterns (that may point to something like a conspiracy) are more likely to be legitimate.
    This is a much more accurate description. You know when you see a Ni-dom sitting around being a bit detached not seemingly being productive we're really puzzling away at something. This is the Ni area of expertise. If some wonder at times what we're doing we're reflecting on the inside just letting that complexity of elements change and permutate. Conspiracy theories are too definite and aim for a kind of a simplicity of complex elements you just don't really find in the world as it is.

EDIT: The only person I know whose adopted a "conspiracy theory" suddenly was an ESTP friend who decided that DaVinci Code was a documetary.

In orbit
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx

But I'd like to point out that the conspiracy theory about the mimes is actually real. That's 100% real. The others are not.

Unapologetic being Evolving Transparency's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post
    In my experience, it's been INFPs, ISTJs and INTPs.

This is so funny/ironic cause I would say INFP's were to the least and also INTP, and forget even talking to an ISTJ...only going from irl though not on TypeC.

I totally believe in them...and I know 2 esfps and like 4 isfp's ...it may be because one of the esfps just agrees with me to not make conflict though....those darn esfp's!!!!