User Tag List

First 5678 Last

MBTI
    NiTe
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    It depends on the political climate. Right now, because Democrats are in power, conspiracy theories are big with right-wingers, and by extension, SJs. There's the Birthers, the Deathers, FEMA death camps, tea baggin' etc. And when Bush and the Republican majority was in power, we had the 9/11 truthers, which was made up of liberals and libertarians. Libertarians go for conspiracy theories no matter who is in power.
    How about the anarchists? They have distrust of the government, after all.
    “To explain all nature is too difficult a task for any one man or even for any one age. 'Tis much better to do a little with certainty, & leave the rest for others that come after you, than to explain all things by conjecture without making sure of any thing.”—Statement from unpublished notes for the Preface to the Opticks (1704) by Newton.

What do you think about me? And for the darker side, here.

MBTI
    NiTe
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by mockingbird View Post
    Really though, most conspiracy theories are created as propoganda to serve someones' political agenda.

Well, I'll have to move right, right, away from the politicians on their campaign for this Saturday's state election
    “To explain all nature is too difficult a task for any one man or even for any one age. 'Tis much better to do a little with certainty, & leave the rest for others that come after you, than to explain all things by conjecture without making sure of any thing.”—Statement from unpublished notes for the Preface to the Opticks (1704) by Newton.

MBTI
    NiTe
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by tibby View Post
    Don't know if it means anything but I think he has a very strong grasp of Ni.
    Nah. To the contrary! Someone with weak Ni would have little idea over how to moderate the function. Although I'm Ni-dominant, I have standards which I use to see whether these ideas stand up to scrutiny. And all of them fail for several reasons:
    1) Too many people involved.
    2) Logistical nightmare
    3) The world is large, you know.
    4) Humans don't act rationally.

I could list some more, but there you have it.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

Yea, the more mature the function, the less likely it is to come across in a negative fashion such as conspiracy theories. Ni preferrers would know which patterns (that may point to something like a conspiracy) are more likely to be legitimate.
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by brainheart View Post
    What are they?

My dad, an ISTJ, seems to.

I know I've heard that Ni is what does it, but it seems to me like someone with dominant Ni would have the foresight to see past them.

(Obviously I'm biased against conspiracy theories, so to those who dig them, well, what's your type?)
    In my experience, it's been INFPs, ISTJs and INTPs.

Enneagram
    4w5

INFP here. I spent a lot of time researching conspiracy theories and think many are facts. I had an ENFP friend who also believed a lot of it. IThe hard part is trying to sort out the BS theories that are mixed in with the ones that seem like they may actually be credible.

Enneagram
    4w5

I have a new name for this thread; "Which type of people are less likely to fall for the lies the government and media tells the masses of sheep to instill fear and keep them content enough to be weak?"

Kidding, but so many disregard this type of thing based on the name conspiracy theory without doing any research or reading of their own. They can completely put trust into their government but not everyone who doesn't isn't stupid. There are documented facts that show all kinds of things they don't teach you in school, such as how the whole middle east fiasco started decades ago.
    I guess it depends on who's word for it you'll accept.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    748 sx/so

me (ENFP). im so gullible.

Enneagram
    9w8

Hmmm...I really think there's a conspiracy here to peg INFJ's as conspiracy theorists. I'm going to send a text message to the homeworld and have you all zapped with a big laser.

***disclaimer-for the very literal folks who may NOT know I'm kidding, I'm kidding...maybe.

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.