User Tag List

First 34567 Last

oh no. they killed lennon and kennedy and eat babies on top of an owl statue every winter solstice.
    “Some people will tell you that slow is good – but I’m here to tell you that fast is better. I’ve always believed this, in spite of the trouble it’s caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…”

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

I just missed a thread like this? All my days...

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1

that would be me

MBTI
    INFJ

Hi everyone,

I'm new to Typology Central and thought that I'd share my thoughts. I prefer the term conspiracy analyst. I discover conspiracies through studying discrepancies between fact and what is pushed as truth. This is not a left-right political issue.

I'll show you politics in America. Here it is, right here. "I think the puppet on the right shares my beliefs." "I think the puppet on the left is more to my liking." "Hey, wait a minute, there's one guy holding out both puppets!" "Shut up! Go back to bed, America. Your government is in control. Here's Love Connection. Watch this and get fat and stupid. By the way, keep drinking beer, you fucking morons."
    - Bill Hicks, Rant in E Minor

Quote Originally Posted by brainheart View Post
    What are they?

My dad, an ISTJ, seems to.

I know I've heard that Ni is what does it, but it seems to me like someone with dominant Ni would have the foresight to see past them.

(Obviously I'm biased against conspiracy theories, so to those who dig them, well, what's your type?)
    I take it you mean "Which type is most likely to believe a conspiracy exists where no conspiracy exists?"

???

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

First thought was "Ni dominant." More broadly, very active use of intuition lends itself to belief in conspiracy especially because of its tendency to distrust the obvious and connect dots that appear unconnected. They can then project scenarios with respect to causes and outcomes of phenomena.
    Once you've got the theories, types that tend to contrarianism would seem more likely to maintain them. INFJ?
    Ti (43); Ne (41.8); Te (33.7); Fi (30.5); Ni (27.5); Se (24.7); Si (21.5); Fe (17.3)
    The More You Know the Less You Need. - Aboriginal Saying

FigerPuppet

Aahhh conspiracy!

MBTI
    ENTP

It depends what kind of conspiracy theory it is. If it's awesome and it makes sense, then I'll take it into account, just in case. And if its amazing, then I'll research it tell people about the possibility of it and then make sure I take it into account, just in case.
    If you were to shoot a mime, would you use a silencer?

MBTI
    pfni
    Enneagram

My father has inferior Ni (ESTP) and he's always going on about conspiracies. He constantly thinks that things will descend into chaos at a moment's notice. It has become so very tiring to hear about whatever covert threat to the human masses or his God Given American Rights (tm) has just come to his attention. :rolli:
    Type: INFP Enneagram: 4
    Fi>Si>Ne>Te>Fe>Se>Ti>Ni

cataplum!

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by brainheart View Post
    What are they?

My dad, an ISTJ, seems to.

I know I've heard that Ni is what does it, but it seems to me like someone with dominant Ni would have the foresight to see past them.

(Obviously I'm biased against conspiracy theories, so to those who dig them, well, what's your type?)
    For ISXJs its their inferiori Ne that leads to wild speculation

For ESXPs its their inferiori Ni that leads to their thinking they have mystical insight (ESFP jesus freaks for example)

the above tend to realize thats its something above normal

For INXJs its just the way they see the world...its not that they are susceptible, its probably that they come up with the conspiracies, without actually ever thinking its just wild speculation.