• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

To understand the object of study is to leave it

Metamorphosis

MBTI Type
INTJ
Am I the only one that just assumed this was about spending too much time on MBTI central?

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Am I the only one that just assumed this was about spending too much time on MBTI central?

There's no such thing, Metamorphosis. :smile:

Wildcat:

Are you saying that once we understand something, we no longer have to study it?

snegledmaca

He's saying that when you change perspective you gain new insight. Through abandoning the study of MBTI you are effectively stepping out of the box thinking vise. Or something like that.

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
He is relying us to fill in the blanks, thinking that there must have been a point. This is a classic get-them-interested -trick that leaves me uninterested.

Recluse

MBTI Type
INXP
:) Open the windows.

Do not suffocate.

I was discussing an article with my sweetheart about the rising cost of living:
Living paycheck to paycheck gets harder - Yahoo! News
which led me to suggest that we substitute beans for more expensive protein-rich foods, like meat.

So this opening post, while seemingly unrelated, brings an aspect to the table that is worthy of consideration....

Last edited:

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
He is relying us to fill in the blanks, thinking that there must have been a point. This is a classic get-them-interested -trick that leaves me uninterested.
Sycopanth.

OctaviaCaesar

MBTI Type
INFJ
I might be biased by my philosophy class, but the title of the post sounds like Plato's forms, and the body of it is like a Zen saying.

Kiddo

Furry Critter with Claws
MBTI Type
OMNi
Uhg...it reminds me of when I am having difficulty with something so I leave it for a little while, come back, and can then easily come to the solution. But I agree that wildcat probably just comes up with these things to see if we will provide an answer for her.

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
I might be biased by my philosophy class, but the title of the post sounds like Plato's forms, and the body of it is like a Zen saying.
The last time I read Plato was in the early 70s.
My Zen "period" was in the early 60s.

Hence I am afraid I have lost touch with the things divine.

But of course you can light the lamp to the pristine wildcat.