• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Types as examined from surface & deep

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
I'm thinking along the lines, type X is thought of as A, but when you really get to know them, they're really B.

Have you noticed how some - or your opinion of them - change when you see them from a shallow perspective, to how you see them intimately? What experiences do you have?

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Yes. People usually keep a shell around them to make them socially accepted or how they want to be seen. What you see as the arrogant prick could be the nicest person you've ever met if you know him/her personally.

Jaguar

Yes. People usually keep a shell around them to make them socially accepted or how they want to be seen. What you see as the arrogant prick could be the nicest person you've ever met if you know him/her personally.

You're pretty smart for a raging cat.

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9

Yeah. Sure.
Nice try, though!

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
From my experience, I intuitively first see ESTP as shallow victims of the moment, but the more I know them, the more strategical insight I see to them, even though that level develops slowly and I can't ever be sure there's much of it.

It's all covered behind some aspect of game, as in poker. With bluffs and all.

INTx I see first uncaring, and they're care factor seems to develop when knowing them long.

G

Ginkgo

Agreed. +1

I've read that try use their opposite functions to blend in to society. For instance, an INFP who uses Fi would try to use Ti to be accepted. I believe this might be what you're talking about. :ninja: