User Tag List

12311 Last

Default Can this be the reason why Ns think that sensors are "stupid" ?

This is not anti S thread.
    I am simply trying to put some light on why sensors are so often disliked among some intuitives.

During my everyday life my intuition is constantly out of control. So I am almost never in "here" and now mode. Plus my mind constantly creates new ideas and concepts. Or I am trying determine what will be happen in the future and why will happen what will happen. I simply can stop with this activity. (for the most part)

However I can try to focus on my senses and I usually manage to stay in this mode for a shot amount of time.
    However when I do this there is no more : guessing what the future holds. (especially not on the scales of billions of years)

There is no deep philosophical arguments all over my mind. Mountains and landspaces look as mountains and landspaces instead as remains of some ocean that no longer exists. Or remains of strong tectonic activity that ended 270 millions of years ago. Plus there is no entire entire "space and time" thing.

Instead of this I have a normal street with parked cars and rain that is falling for the last 2 hours infront of me. I don't know about the other Ns but this is so much simplier existance. However if we look and rate thing by book this is the world of sensing.

So when a strong N comes into this world everything seems so simple but extremly limited. What means that sensors are narrow minded for the most part since they live like this through most of their lifes.

Comments ?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????

^I'm very much like you in this sense. I'm never actually here, or if I am, it's quite often. I'm always planning things in my head. I do enjoy Se at times because it feeds my Ne.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    This is not anti S thread.
    I am simply trying to put some light on why sensors are so often disliked among some intuitives.

During my everyday life my intuition is constantly out of control. So I am almost never in "here" and now mode. Plus my mind constantly creates new ideas and concepts. Or I am trying determine what will be happen in the future and why will happen what will happen. I simply can stop with this activity. (for the most part)

However I can try to focus on my senses and I usually manage to stay in this mode for a shot amount of time.
    However when I do this there is no more : guessing what the future holds. (especially not on the scales of billions of years)

There is no deep philosophical arguments all over my mind. Mountains and landspaces look as mountains and landspaces instead as remains of some ocean that no longer exists. Or remains of strong tectonic activity that ended 270 millions of years ago. Plus there is no entire entire "space and time" thing.

Instead of this I have a normal street with parked cars and rain that is falling for the last 2 hours infront of me. I don't know about the other Ns but this is so much simplier existance. However if we look and rate thing by book this is the world of sensing.

So when a strong N comes into this world everything seems so simple but extremly limited. What means that sensors are narrow minded for the most part since they live like this through most of their lifes.

Comments ?
    I like this!

Well I don't know if I think sensors are narrow minded, but I certainly sometimes feel they are very rooted to the ground. But I know what you mean. Intuitives aren't as limited to their immediate physical surroundings so a lot of them feel their type as deeper. This and the fact that academic success is often equated with intelligence often make people perceive sensors as lesser mental beings.

But I find the close relationship sensors have with the external world helps them look a lot sharper and on the ball than the spacey N's. Like you said, our world (of N) is a lot more fantastical than a couple of cars in a parking lot, but it's not always more helpful to think like that. That being said, I am guilty of not being able to relate to sensors concrete practical worldview and label them as bores on occasion.
    =universal solution

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

It sounds really painful and maddening to have constant possibility scenarios going through your head. I've got enough sources of stress in my life just from living, I'd hate to have a bunch that I created myself!
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

Can N types taste ice cream?

To me it seems you are missing the very essence of life. But that's just me I guess. I experience the world physically. I see my body and mind as inseparable.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

No, I don't think that's it...

Normally, I see the world that way, too. The things going in my head are usually more along the lines of "what if I end up living in the streets," "how do they expect me to get experience if I haven't had a job before," "how on earth do those people stay connected all the time and still get things done," "how do they remember to stay in touch with people they don't see on a regular basis anymore," or "how did all those people get to know each other, who introduced them"?

So, I don't tend to layer that much on top of the physical world or imagine how things were built, I just tend to tune into the few details of the physical world I need to in order to move from place to place and not care about it.

The biggest thing I notice about sensors... is that they're "slow," if you will. Sometimes they'll say things very slowly, and I'll get impatient and want to finish their sentences for them because I know where they're going with it, but that's not really what I mean. That is, they often can't guess what my assumptions are even if I think they should be obvious. They can understand what I'm saying if I articulate all the assumptions. The problem, again, is that not only are they unlikely to guess the assumptions, they're also unlikely to be interested in understanding what I'm saying.

So to me, Sensors seem stupid because they often lack curiosity about abstract ideas. Even if they had lousy abstract processing capability, I would see them as intelligent if they were curious. To me, lack of curiosity is stupidity, regardless of type.

Riva

Living in the moment is the easiest way to get rid of all your stress.
    rather than creating 100,000 issue in your head.

anyway this living in the moment is not exactly a S thing. they don't entirely live in the present moment.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Curzon View Post
    anyway this living in the moment is not exactly a S thing. they don't entirely live in the present moment.
    It's funny how it seems it's mostly Ns who say this... how would they know? They aren't S's. Who are they to say that? It seems to be patronizing.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    The biggest thing I notice about sensors... is that they're "slow," if you will. That is, they often can't guess what my assumptions are even if I think they should be obvious. They can understand what I'm saying if I articulate all the assumptions. The problem, again, is that not only are they unlikely to guess the assumptions, they're also unlikely to be interested in understanding what I'm saying.

So to me, Sensors seem stupid because they often lack curiosity about abstract ideas. Even if they had lousy abstract processing capability, I would see them as intelligent if they were curious. To me, lack of curiosity is stupidity, regardless of type.
    Only one person brought up the conscious-subconscious link in a recent thread about function orders.
    (Antisocial One's thread, interestingly enough.)

An ISTP.

Was I surprised? No.
    But then I'm not stupid.
    A truly stupid person would think a Sensor lacks curiosity, or cannot think abstractly.

S or N is a PREFERENCE.
    It does not reflect skill or ability.

Anyone who refuses to understand something that simple is the one who is slow, and most definitely stupid.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

If I were to tell you guys I was a BASE jumper, would you believe me?