• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Can this be the reason why Ns think that sensors are "stupid" ?

sunshinebrighter

MBTI Type
IXFP
It's pretty simple. Ns think Ss are stupid because N's strengths are S's weakness. Same with E vs I, F vs T, and J vs P.

I think often times there is a big communication problem with N's and S's. When I meet a N with an undeveloped S, I have a hard time understanding them. N tends to be very vague when they talk. They jump from point A to G to K to Z. S's tends to go A, B, C, D.... etc

N's needs to be patient. They need to realize that other people ARE NOT MINDREADERS!!!!!!

N's are not more intelligent. Just because they can think more abstractively doesn't mean they are doing it right.

wolfy

awsm
Has this thread turned into an N vs S debate? I haven't seen one of those in a few months. Someone should start a F vs T one as well. I like to read those too. It's like watching a boxing match where the boxers are shouting "my left hand is better" "no, my right hand is better" before the match.

Carry on.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I'm so inspired when people make posts which encourage balance.

Aww...

But I LIKED rampant, unfair N bias that inflates my ego and makes me feel like an arrogant Olympian deity looking down on the mortals. It feels so GOOD. :(

wolfy

awsm
Quick! Somebody post something antagonistic. The thread is dying.

Jaguar

Quick! Somebody post something antagonistic. The thread is dying.

mad20cat.jpg

Frank

I've actually gotten better at bringing my plans to fruition since developing my S, so I definitely don't consider them stupid. Just as I have been able to develop my S over time I'm sure many S types have developed a fair amount of N. It's a healthy balance that makes a person most effective.

INTJ123

HAHHAHHAH!
MBTI Type
ESFP
I'm so inspired when people make posts which encourage balance.

pffft. but you can't even give me a E-hug. You talk the talk but you don't walk the walk, the hypocrisy...

Jaguar

pffft. but you can't even give me a E-hug. You talk the talk but you don't walk the walk, the hypocrisy...

I don't think I could get my arms around your straight-jacket.
Too bulky.

michL87

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Actually, I find that N is a stress reducer. For instance, whenever I am presented with a distasteful situation, I space out and think about fantastical scenarios in which I am a dungeons and dragons character, fighting giant space peacocks with my psychic metamagic abilities.

I think this is an INFP thing to do. Specifically INFP's with ADD :)

While I know nothing about Dungeons and Dragons, I oftentimes create stories in my head about the discovery of superpowers/alternate worlds. It's a very NF thing to do, but extraverts are more engaged with the outside world opposed to the internal one, and J's are more grounded than P's. (I know these are generalities, and I might be mistaken about the J/P thing.) But yeah, that's why I think it's an INFP thing.

I have to admit that when someone doesn't like talking about future plans/ideas and acts impulsively, my ENFJ friend and I say it's because they're an S. For instance, one of my close friends is an ISFJ, and all she cares about is being president of her sorority and getting good grades. She really has no plans or ideas about what she wants to do after graduating college. I, on the other hand, would only be interested in being president of a sorority if it would benefit a long term goal. Grades are also something I don't care about unless I see them useful in life fulfillment. (Although I still have a high GPA because I take classes that interest me.) I would rather learn about something I'm interested in because it will positively impact my future and applies to life in the larger sense. The grading system discourages learning for learning's sake. The "reward" of getting an A in a class doesn't come close to comparing to successfully using what you've learned to achieve a larger goal that contributes to your purpose in life.

That got a little off topic. I have no idea how that happened. Anyways, I do hate to make generalizations, because I know that it's not fair to a lot of people. But in general I find conversations that aren't about theoretical ideas or dreams for the future to be dull. Since N's are more prone to want to talk about those things, I prefer the company of N's to S's. It doesn't mean that one is better than the other, but that N's are likely to prefer the company of others who enjoy conversing about the same topics as they do.

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I've found quite a few stupid Ns on this site.

Wild horses

MBTI Type
ENFP
Really cant see how this is an argument for calling sensors 'stupid'. By the sounds of the argument you have presented here, sensors are apt and incredibly skillful and intelligently using the real world...

Yloh

MBTI Type
ENFJ
I have heard that Ns can seem to have a sixth sense. If this is true, then does that mean Ns are the REAL sensors? My spider sense is tingling!

In all seriousness Ns think sensors are stupid because they either prefer and/or have a very difficult time making connections with things that are unrelated. To the Ns, sensors are very boring. Very generic, but gets the main point done.

Sensors think Ns are stupid because Ns can make assumptions that are far fetched. Also, Ns having their heads in the clouds kind of makes them look like air heads.

I'm sure these things have already been said, but I felt like saying them anyways.

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
Why are Ss seemingly less able to adapt to an intuitive way of observing compared to an N adapting to an S way of observing?

Errm could it be perhaps that society is generally more S and so Ss are more comfortable where as Ns aren't and so adapt to fit in?

Is it perhaps that the repercussions of having no use of S means you walk into lamp posts where as having no N means you don't have paranoia?

No man is an island. This much explains many of the discrepancies in type.

INTJ123

HAHHAHHAH!
MBTI Type
ESFP
I have heard that Ns can seem to have a sixth sense. If this is true, then does that mean Ns are the REAL sensors? My spider sense is tingling!

There actually might be some truth to that, we are taught that we have the 5 senses, they are all physically related. There might something more to it, and I do have something in mind, but I will leave it up to the intuitives to decide for themselves.

great_bay

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
I showed my dominate Si user relative a book on human evolution on apes from one million years ago. She didn't feel comfortable looking at it and condemned the book. My N relatives weren't put off by the book I showed them. Somebody who is adverse to new knowledge doesn't really strike me as smart. Se users in particular the introverted version stuck me as the most intellectual S users. They're not limited by introverted sensing. They're not afraid of knowledge just because it doesn't fit according to their Si since they lack of it. They have some degree of the abstract world because of their territory Ni. However,nevertheless, I recall reading a passage from Please Understand Me II and the psychologist said in his forty years of observation, S were adverse to the abstract topics.

baccheion

I don't usually think sensors in general are stupid, but I almost always think guardians are stupid. They are incapable of making basic mental leaps, and no matter how often it's made clear that what they are doing is stupid, they never catch on. I'm annoyed by their inability to see the big picture, their obsessive attempts to routinize and beat the brains, intelligence, and originality out of everyone, and their obsession with telling everyone what to do. They always have something to say, it's always backward, ignorant, and clearly stupid, and yet they always think they're right.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
i think most people are stupider than they believe themselves to be. N or S. see i'm not typist i think most people are idiots regardless of type.