User Tag List

First 7891011 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    Sensors are stupid because they start with the same letter.

N stands for nowledge.

My personal favorite is:

S = Serf

N = Noble

MBTI
    TOTO

I've never been bothered by the "S's aren't as intellegent as N's" claim, or when someone, usually someone who isn't an SJ, will say "I dislike all SJs".

All sweeping statements, all stereotypes. Frankly, these people don't know what they are talking about. There was a time where I claimed INFJ (unbelievable, isn't it?), yet everyone on the INFJ forums said how 'INFJ like' my posts were, they praised me for being one of them, they accepted me as an INFJ. It wasn't until some time later which one person pointed out I couldn't possibly be an INFJ, and then I typed INTP/ISTP, and I finally settled for ISTP. By that time I was such an important part of the forum, people didn't use my S against me or attempt the line that I was less intellegent. It had been proven time and time again that I just thought differently than an INFJ--- and if the INFJs had a problem with my dislike of abstracts and concrete communication style, I had a problem with their over-emotionalness and empathy that I've been told I lack. So, the perspective goes both ways.

But really, I see no merit to the claims that one time is superior to another because more than 60% of the time I believe persons are mistyped.

MBTI
    ISFx
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by slant View Post
    I've never been bothered by the "S's aren't as intellegent as N's" claim, or when someone, usually someone who isn't an SJ, will say "I dislike all SJs".

But really, I see no merit to the claims that one time is superior to another because more than 60% of the time I believe persons are mistyped.
    Yeah...Suggesting a whole type is stupider than yours is a pretty...sweeping, stupid statement, and a biased approach to the concept of intelligence.
    Come along Fool
    A direct hit of the senses you are disconnected
    It's not that it's bad, it's not that it's death
    It's just on the tip of your tongue, and you're so silent

MBTI
    TOTO

It's pretty much a Nazi approach to life.

The jews are inferior to us, therefore we kill them alongside the disabled and the blind, etc.

Really, if you are more intellegent than a particular MBTI type why persecute them? Stupidity is not something that a person can help- if someone is born with a low IQ, that's the IQ they have. Just like if someone has autism, people recognize ( or should) that they are disabled in some form or another so they shouldn't be held up to the same standards. The rational that people use, even if their claims were true, is very corrupt and ill directed.

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

The bulk of our definitions for intelligence are steeped in our own cultural and personal biases. It is a much more complex and uncertain topic than is usually assumed. At a base level intelligence is simply a way of predicting individual success within a specific culture and environment. What is considered intelligent today in modern America is different from 14th century Mongolia, or in a South American tribe 10,000 years ago. Which definition is the correct and objective one?

I think another reason some "N's" view "S's" as less intelligence is based on the online history starting with iNtuitive central in which the only uniting feature was the N.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

I want to be just like my mother, even if she is bat-shit crazy.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Liminality View Post
    Yeah...Suggesting a whole type is stupider than yours is a pretty...sweeping, stupid statement, and a biased approach to the concept of intelligence.
    Agreed.

It's one of those silly cliquish behaviors that people never really outgrow. It's also worth noting that there is a somewhat larger proportion of N's vs. S's on TypeC than is typical in meatspace, supposedly in any case. Maybe that contributes to aforementioned cliquey-ness.

Personally, I've not noticed any of the members that I hold in high intellectual esteem (be they S's or N's) actually say anything like "N's are smarter" or vice-versa.
    Function Activity:
    Ni > Te > Ti = Fi > Ne > Si = Fe > Se

MBTI
    INTX
    Enneagram
    5w6?

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    No, I don't think that's it...

Normally, I see the world that way, too. The things going in my head are usually more along the lines of "what if I end up living in the streets," "how do they expect me to get experience if I haven't had a job before," "how on earth do those people stay connected all the time and still get things done," "how do they remember to stay in touch with people they don't see on a regular basis anymore," or "how did all those people get to know each other, who introduced them"?

So, I don't tend to layer that much on top of the physical world or imagine how things were built, I just tend to tune into the few details of the physical world I need to in order to move from place to place and not care about it.

The biggest thing I notice about sensors... is that they're "slow," if you will. Sometimes they'll say things very slowly, and I'll get impatient and want to finish their sentences for them because I know where they're going with it, but that's not really what I mean. That is, they often can't guess what my assumptions are even if I think they should be obvious. They can understand what I'm saying if I articulate all the assumptions. The problem, again, is that not only are they unlikely to guess the assumptions, they're also unlikely to be interested in understanding what I'm saying.

So to me, Sensors seem stupid because they often lack curiosity about abstract ideas. Even if they had lousy abstract processing capability, I would see them as intelligent if they were curious. To me, lack of curiosity is stupidity, regardless of type.

Oh yes so true in some ways!!! But Sensors are stunning and my ISFP friend is an intelligent woman with whom I talk about moral end ethical issues.
    Last edited by Kambro; 10-05-2009 at 12:31 PM. Reason: added - But Sensors are stunning and my ISFP friend is an intelligent woman with whom I talk about moral end ethical issues.

Quote Originally Posted by slant View Post

I've never been bothered by the "S's aren't as intellegent as N's" claim [...]
    One of the best posts I have read, was a recent one.
    It was post #1 from an alleged ESFP, who clearly put every sterotyping fool in their place.
    It was superb.

It can be found here:

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...tml#post854274

MBTI
    INTX
    Enneagram
    5w6?

Default S vs N

Quote Originally Posted by Liminality View Post
    Agree, at the end of the day we all add to the broth in our different ways. I love sensors because they enjoy life so much more. Not that I as a NT don't . In fact although I am a high I most people don't even know it and think I have a great sense of humour. Mind you my high school pals see me a sliteral with no sense of humour

Nickle Iron Silicone Charmed Justice's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by poki View Post
    2 sensors(me and my son) will end up with my son asking questions about the stars and me trying to explain everything I know about them. His weaker Ne helps him slowly navigate from stars to the Sun, to the moon, to other things that he just keeps asking questions and the conversations move from one thing to another. Its interesting to think how you can have different types sitting under the stars and how the paths of conversations can change.
    That's so neat. My son goes on and on with "what if" and "why" questions. He presents with the most seemingly random "what if" scenarios, half the time I just listen and smile because I can't even remotely add to his imagination.

The different paths of conversation are neat! I'll be thinking about that the next time I go stargazing.

Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    Like I think about the effects of this financial crisis on mental and emotional health, overcrowded VA hospitals, convalescence, being complacent at a job, but it's typically triggered by something firmly rooted and grounded in reality and very often a social issue/problem.
    I think like this a lot too, especially concerning sociological issues as well. It's more when I'm alone and relaxing, especially if I'm outside, that my mind goes into a dream-like state and begins conjuring up any number of odd extrapolations about the world.
    There is a thinking stuff from which all things are made, and which, in its original state, permeates, penetrates, and fills the interspaces of the universe.