veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    What else there to say? The only two options I can think of would be to either criticize their inability to find a job (right-wing), or to acknowledge that something is wrong with society that's causing them to be homeless (left-wing). There are only so many perspectives to take on the problem.
    Um..how about actually trying to help the individual rather than making it into a social commentary opportunity? I just don't get the detached "people are statistics" kind of mentality at all. What good does making a judgement on a person's job-finding ability or moaning about the government do? If you want a situation to change, then you take action. If it's not important enough to you, then you do something else, simple as that.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Quote Originally Posted by Triglav View Post
    I intensely hate SJs.
    You're the tallest mountain of the Julian Alps?
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

Nickle Iron Silicone Charmed Justice's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

Ha! I can relate.
    If a leaf blows from the trees, I'll visually follow it and wonder where it will eventually go. When the parachute ball of a dandelion floats my way outside, I think about if anyone else has blown it, and who they were. I wonder if they made a wish, and if so, what it was. When I'm sitting outside looking up at the stars, I can't help but to think if anyone else is sitting outside their home, just as I am, looking at the same star, dreaming the same dream.

Oh, but I don't reach any type of conclusion that sensors are stupid. Whoa. I love sensors, and admire their ability to not live in their heads so much. We think differently, but I learn a lot from their way of operating in the world.
    There is a thinking stuff from which all things are made, and which, in its original state, permeates, penetrates, and fills the interspaces of the universe.

Enneagram
    1w2

Quote Originally Posted by EnFpFer View Post
    Ha! I can relate.
    If a leaf blows from the trees, I'll visually follow it and wonder where it will eventually go. When the parachute ball of a dandelion floats my way outside, I think about if anyone else has blown it, and who they were. I wonder if they made a wish, and if so, what it was. When I'm sitting outside looking up at the stars, I can't help but to think if anyone else is sitting outside their home, just as I am, looking at the same star, dreaming the same dream.

Oh, but I don't reach any type of conclusion that sensors are stupid. Whoa. I love sensors, and admire their ability to not live in their heads so much. We think differently, but I learn a lot from their way of operating in the world.
    Interesting. I do the same thing but I don't do it about "whimsical" things. I guess if this is a difference in S and N thought patterns then my baseline thought patterns tend to ere towards sensor.

My exploratory thoughts tend to be grounded in what IS. Someone said something about their thoughts veering into alternate dimensions, dragons, and unicorns I think? I don't do that. If I'm doing some meta-thinking it'll be about about the effects of some abstract or concrete noun. Like I think about the effects of this financial crisis on mental and emotional health, overcrowded VA hospitals, convalescence, being complacent at a job, but it's typically triggered by something firmly rooted and grounded in reality and very often a social issue/problem. I don't even feel like this is really a guessing game of what the future holds, it's just a matter of when not if. I'm not a very whimsical, i.e. Tim Burton-ish thinker.
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

It seems I'm late to the ball again.

I'll contribute something small:
    The intuitives' motto is "The world is what you make of it, and I make it a lot."
    Function Activity:
    Ni > Te > Ti = Fi > Ne > Si = Fe > Se

MBTI
    STP

Sensors are grounded in experience. We start out in this world not looking into the future, but dissecting what we see around us. Not thinking of the possibilities, but understanding why.

My son saw the TV commercial for six flags and asked me "Daddy, is it true that more flags is more fun?" He wants to understand the rules of the world, his drive is to be able to get things out of this world. He wants to be able to buy toys so he wants to understand how people make money.

S types are thought of as stupid because we dont try to look into the future. We dont guess whats gonna happen and see if we are right, we want to dissect what happened and understand why. The 2 types of understanding is society reasons(Te/Fe), and personal reasons(Ti/Fi). SPs want to understand the personal/individual reasons. SJs wants to understand the societal reasons.

When I'm sitting outside looking up at the stars, I can't help but to think if anyone else is sitting outside their home, just as I am, looking at the same star, dreaming the same dream.
    2 sensors(me and my son) will end up with my son asking questions about the stars and me trying to explain everything I know about them. His weaker Ne helps him slowly navigate from stars to the Sun, to the moon, to other things that he just keeps asking questions and the conversations move from one thing to another. Its interesting to think how you can have different types sitting under the stars and how the paths of conversations can change.

Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    My exploratory thoughts tend to be grounded in what IS.
    I think this has to do with a tertiary Se along with Ni. As opposed to Ne and Si.

MBTI
    INTX
    Enneagram
    5w6?

Default True

Ha! I can relate.

I envy them their ability to live in the moment. mind you ISFP's can be bit living in the head as well.

Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    My exploratory thoughts tend to be grounded in what IS. Someone said something about their thoughts veering into alternate dimensions, dragons, and unicorns I think? I don't do that.
    Let's put things into perspective:

The person who imagined himself in alternate dimensions is not only in high school,
    but not that different from any other imaginative kid.
    Kids utilize their imagination much more, and in different ways, than those who are your age or mine.
    I can't even imagine basing N or S on what a single person would say, much less a highly imaginative teenager.

With a vivid imagination and a practical application, that kid could accomplish a lot in a creative industry as he gets older.
    What comes natural to me is seeing potential, direction, what can be, and what will be.
    It all flows.

So if you can't see potential in things or humans, or what "can be," or "will be,"
    or even imagine how to improve anything, yes, you might be devoid of any N whatsoever.
    I don't buy that about you, though.

I'm sure you could envision and organize a great non-profit organization on your own.

Hint hint.

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

N's need to stop stereotyping S's...

Being intuitive does not make you better.

My GF is a pretty strong sensor. She gets flustered by theories...

But she's all heart. She loves people, and is deeply committed to making the world a better place, and will sacrifice her own comfort for this. She completely lacks cyncism. I respect her a lot for this.
    We need to start seeing people for who they actually are rather than thinking that MBTI is some kind of endpoint. We should use our instincts to understand people rather than a shortcut like MBTI. It seems to be wrong as often as it's right.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Sensors are stupid because they start with the same letter.

N stands for nowledge.