unaccept
    refuse

REFUSE

garbage
    trash
    dross
    dregs
    scum

An ESTJ said to me: Get out of my house. Never come here again.
    I said: Why?

He said: Because you are scum!
    this post reminds me why this thread exists:
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...duce-intp.html

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew_Z View Post
    Stop using MBTI to explain why you can't have fun. It's not cool.
    Quoted for truth...

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

As many Ns here have said themselves, Ss often think Ns are stupid. Plenty of daily situations could illustrate this, at a job, at school, in a busy store, wherever.

So each may tend to think the other is stupid, because they do not understand the other's accustomed way of thinking.

Antisocial One, in your original post, do you mean Ns are comparing their own limited (shallow) use of their S-function with Sensors' more familiar use of the S-function?
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    S or N is a PREFERENCE.
    It does not reflect skill or ability.
    That really sums it up best. There seems to be a lot of confusion that people are Sensors or Feelers or Introverts. I/E/S/N/F/T/P/J are just different aspects of the brain that are used to process information and make decisions. A healthy person will use and develop all of these.

This is why I think personality tests aren't always accurate, as people will answer with behaviors they either desire or have learned.

I consider temperament as a way to tune the brain, just like you would tune a car for speed, gas millage, safety, or cost. For example, if you raise the level of intuition, the person is able to see more possibilities, but it takes them longer to react because there is more to consider.

So if a role requires information to be processed very quickly, someone strong in sensing would be a better fit, as you don't want someone spending a lot of time thinking through the possibilities or long term benefits.

However, if the role requires creative problem solving, and rate of processing is not important, then someone with a high level of intuitive ability would probably be a better choice.

MBTI
    AHH!

Ss often think Ns are stupid.
    Now that's hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by ayoitsStepho View Post
    Lets just leave it at, everybody can be intelegent, curious, annoying and fun to be around. Everybody just has a different way of expressing those things.
    We're all "intelegent," you say? Well, apparently not all of us heh.

(Sorry couldn't resist.)

Quote Originally Posted by saxman View Post
    That really sums it up best. There seems to be a lot of confusion that people are Sensors or Feelers or Introverts. I/E/S/N/F/T/P/J are just different aspects of the brain that are used to process information and make decisions. A healthy person will use and develop all of these.

This is why I think personality tests aren't always accurate, as people will answer with behaviors they either desire or have learned.

I consider temperament as a way to tune the brain, just like you would tune a car for speed, gas millage, safety, or cost. For example, if you raise the level of intuition, the person is able to see more possibilities, but it takes them longer to react because there is more to consider.

So if a role requires information to be processed very quickly, someone strong in sensing would be a better fit, as you don't want someone spending a lot of time thinking through the possibilities or long term benefits.

However, if the role requires creative problem solving, and rate of processing is not important, then someone with a high level of intuitive ability would probably be a better choice.
    Your thinking is very fluid.
    It was a pleasure reading it.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    So when a strong N comes into this world everything seems so simple but extremly limited. What means that sensors are narrow minded for the most part since they live like this through most of their lifes.
    The equivalent seems like a Sensor saying; "whenever I use my imagination it's boring and nothing good comes of it, therefore Ns are boring and nothing good comes from using N". In both cases the N and the S are just highlighting their own bias and inability to experience (or even consider) the potential of the other kind of perception.
    Act your age not your enneagram number.

Quinlan's Creations

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    Your thinking is very fluid.
    It was a pleasure reading it.
    How kind of you to say. Thanks

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    135 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan View Post

In both cases the N and the S are just highlighting their own bias and inability to experience (or even consider) the potential of the other kind of perception.
    As far as I know I never claimed that this is not the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Cimarron View Post

Antisocial One, in your original post, do you mean Ns are comparing their own limited (shallow) use of their S-function with Sensors' more familiar use of the S-function?
    Yes, but that is not the only thing I am saying. I am also saying that Ns tend to think that you have a "simplier existance". (What is not necessarily a bad thing. )

But in the world of N "simple" is usually equivalent of terms like stupid or boring.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by saxman View Post

A good post.
    We draw conclusions- off the hat.
    Impression (how things appear to us) is revered like science.
    This is why many children appear stupid in the classroom, although they are not.
    A teacher follows her own preference and she creates an atmosphere that suits her preference.
    You can see this thing taking place also in the social context.

It can be very annoying to the student or to the conversation partner.
    Also, you undeservedly get lousy grades.
    It goes both ways, of course.

They say the N always shine in the academia. It is often the other way around.
    Einstein hard a hard time during the elementary school and later, in the college.
    He got mediocre grades. His dissertation work was ill received.
    He had a low job in a patent office.

A magazine found him later.
    What if the editor-in-chief of the magazine had not been of the type of Albert?
    It might well be the name Einstein would say us nothing today.
    Or the place names Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

Mendel was a humbly monk. He wrote to Darwin but Darwin did not reply.
    He was only accidentally found later.

What about Bach? He walked an entire day, in the rain, to see Haendel.
    Haendel did not receive him. Who is Bach?

We despise the paupers in the street. We know nothing about them.
    Impression is not everything.