User Tag List

First 123412 Last

well BC Its maybe like everybody samples a little bit of 'reality'. SP's are in the 'present' with their Se and also lost in thought with their introverted function. SJ's are lost in Si and paying attention to the present with their extroverted function. . And maybe the N's end up 'creating' their model of reality, they experience reality through their model.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    Only one person brought up the conscious-subconscious link in a recent thread about function orders.
    (Antisocial One's thread, interestingly enough.)

An ISTP.

Was I surprised? No.
    But then I'm not stupid.
    A truly stupid person would think a Sensor lacks curiosity, or cannot think abstractly.

S or N is a PREFERENCE.
    It does not reflect skill or ability.

Anyone who refuses to understand something that simple is the one who is slow, and most definitely stupid.

I was asked why I thought sensors were stupid, not if I thought they were stupid. And ISTPs tend to be rather intelligent, IMO.

So, I gave a reason why I might consider a given sensor to be stupid.

Sensors in general may be curious or be able to think abstractly, but you can't tell me that some of them aren't curious or struggle to think abstractly.

Of course, I suppose there are also Ns who aren't curious and struggle to think abstractly.

So, honestly, it was a stupid answer to a stupid question. Nothing more.

Quote Originally Posted by Adoamros View Post
    If I were to tell you guys I was a BASE jumper, would you believe me?

If you said in conversation, "I'm a base jumper," yes I would believe you.
    Then I would ask you to tell me what it's like to be a crazy fucker.

MBTI
    INFJ

One of my friends is a strong SJ. What I notice most is how literal she is. Last Monday we took a walk on Yom Kippur and she asked me what was the meaning of the observance. I said it was about "missing the mark" and evaluating ones life to improve in the new year. She said something like "well I have my husband and my daughter and I'm pretty satisfied." I explained it's about looking inside and improving yourself (being more patient, etc.), but she never did come up with anything she thought she could improve.

She also asks annoyingly silly questions when something doesn't make sense to her - sometimes I'm convinced she deliberately misunderstands me, other times it seems that I don't phrase it the way she would so she's unsure what I meant. Talking about a large congregation to which I used to belong, I said "well, I was the only one who belonged..." She said "you're the only member of XYZ?" I continued "...in my family."

She does this several times in a conversation, questioning if I meant exactly what I said, rather than mentally adjusting and reaching the most logical conclusion.
    Proud Female Rider in Maverick's Bike Club.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Jae Rae View Post
    One of my friends is a strong SJ. What I notice most is how literal she is. Last Monday we took a walk on Yom Kippur and she asked me what was the meaning of the observance. I said it was about "missing the mark" and evaluating ones life to improve in the new year. She said something like "well I have my husband and my daughter and I'm pretty satisfied." I explained it's about looking inside and improving yourself (being more patient, etc.), but she never did come up with anything she thought she could improve.

She also asks annoyingly silly questions when something doesn't make sense to her - sometimes I'm convinced she deliberately misunderstands me, other times it seems that I don't phrase it the way she would so she's unsure what I meant. Talking about a large congregation to which I used to belong, I said "well, I was the only one who belonged..." She said "you're the only member of XYZ?" I continued "...in my family."

She does this several times in a conversation, questioning if I meant exactly what I said, rather than mentally adjusting and reaching the most logical conclusion.
    I would actually consider her to be intelligent, then. She asks you what you mean, and she's curious. I like people who ask questions and pay attention to the answers.

It may seem annoying, but her knowledge of what you mean probably ends up being much more precise, certain, and detailed because of those very exacting questions.

Incidentally, a lot of INTPs do things like this in logical debates, though it's usually to appear intelligent and find any flaws in their opponent's position.

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    I suppose there are also Ns who aren't curious and struggle to think abstractly.

You SUPPOSE?

You better go have an eye exam.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    You SUPPOSE?

You better go have an eye exam.
    Ahem. It was a figure of speech. I like to soften what I'm saying by adding words like "suppose" and "possibly" to my sentences.

There ARE Ns who aren't curious and struggle to think abstractly. There, I said it.

MBTI
    I

So to me, Sensors seem stupid because they often lack curiosity about abstract ideas. Even if they had lousy abstract processing capability, I would see them as intelligent if they were curious. To me, lack of curiosity is stupidity, regardless of type.
    ISTPs are known as one of the most curious types in MBTI, and oh yeah... they are sensors. ISTPs are usually very intelligent, and they're sensors.

MBTI
    INxJ

Quote Originally Posted by TheChosenOne View Post
    ISTPs are known as one of the most curious types in MBTI, and oh yeah... they are sensors. ISTPs are usually very intelligent, and they're sensors.
    I know two ISFJ scientists. Obviously, there are many intelligent sensors. It comes across differently in translation though. I think someone mentioned S types would be less inclined to go into theoretical physics, but they often make great scientists of more hands on variety. I believe that to be true.

Also, I really like ISTPs. I've never had trouble communicating with them in casual conversation or debate. They would also be up for skydiving with me. What's not to like?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

And ISTPs tend to be rather intelligent, IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheChosenOne View Post
    I already said that, didn't I?