User Tag List

View Poll Results: Which types are the most eccentric?

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • ENTJ

1 2.22%
  • ENTP

25 55.56%
  • ENFJ

1 2.22%
  • ENFP

8 17.78%
  • ESTJ

0 0%
  • ESTP

0 0%
  • ESFJ

0 0%
  • ESFP

1 2.22%
  • INTJ

12 26.67%
  • INTP

21 46.67%
  • INFJ

7 15.56%
  • INFP

17 37.78%
  • ISTJ

0 0%
  • ISTP

0 0%
  • ISFJ

0 0%
  • ISFP

6 13.33%
Multiple Choice Poll.
123 Last

Default Eccentricity and MBTI

In your personal opinion, which type(s) do you think would be viewed as the most eccentric? Being specific, which type to you think would be most likely to have unusual (perhaps bordering on even heretical) opinions and views, a lack of concern or complete disregard of social norms and their appearance, cultivate odd and obscure interests and hobbies, have a very individualistic bent, and to display an array of uncommon habits, obsessions, fixations, phobias etc.?
    "The mathematician's patterns, like the painter's or the poet's must be beautiful; the ideas like the colours or the words, must fit together in a harmonious way. Beauty is the first test: there is no permanent place in the world for ugly mathematics..." - G.H. Hardy

"Another roof, another proof." - Paul Erdős

INTJ (I = 100, N = 100, T = 88, J = 43)
    Solitary/Idiosyncratic, 5w6 sp/sx
    RL(x)EI (RlxE|I|)- Inquisitive Dominant
    Reserved Idealist
    ILI-Ni/INTp

Rubber Nipple Salesperson ladypinkington's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Merkw View Post
    In your personal opinion, which type(s) do you think would be viewed as the most eccentric? Being specific, which type to you think would be most likely to have unusual (perhaps bordering on even heretical) opinions and views, a lack of concern or complete disregard of social norms and their appearance, cultivate odd and obscure interests and hobbies, have a very individualistic bent, and to display an array of uncommon habits, obsessions, fixations, phobias etc.?
    Whoa- this is like an INFJ description all the way!
    This has me nailed at least,lol.

I'm just going to throw stuff out here to explain.
    I honestly believe that the three true branches of govt. are Hollywood, Corporations, and Military. I always believe in putting the system on trial even if nothing more then for the hell of it. I can easily become a conspiracy theroist but thankfully I am married to a very rational individual who brings me back to reality and better places,lol.

I puposely wear white shoes after Labor Day and wear flip flops in the winter and summer colors in winter and fall colors in spring. I wear mismatched socks intentionally and am very outlandish. Whatever the style is in any place- I will try to be opposite as much as I can. The more conservative a group is the more outlandish I will be. The more outlandish a place is - the more conservative I'll be. I try to avoid social norms and put them on trial.

I am very individualistic- I would get completely offended if someone tried to imitate and copy my style. That would piss me off because I want everyone to be different. I will also disagree and be devil's advocate in social settings and discussions in RL because I can't stand complete like mindedness and concensus opinions- I will do this even if I still agree with the consensus but I have to make sure other opinions and POV's are being considered and explored and have a voice.

I am very neurodic and enjoy and embrace it because hey- it makes life interesting and has prolonged my life. I have to check all the heaters and stove and oven several times before I leave the house. I also have a just in case plan for just about every safety and relationship involved contigency.
    I am scared of just about everything. If I see it on dateline/20/20 or PBS I will develop a phobia of it-lol. I am very impressionable and am very easliy affected. I fantasize about living in a bubble under a cave in the middle of Canada. I can easliy become a hypochondriac.

I am very obsessive with wanting to know the meaning behind every statement said and every display of body language. What does this mean?
    I want to make sure if I was supposed to be offended or not or if I was supposed to take something as a complimented or not,lol.
    With conversations with people I will obsess and play over and over in my head what I should have said-analyze everything I did say and every possible interpretation the other person could take from what I said and figure out all kinds of interpretations of what the other person said body language included in this analyzing in both parties. Especially if something rubbed me the wrong way or the person I talked to rubbed me the wrong way or I was left feeling unsure about the vibes of what just happened good or bad.

I have lotd of weird habits but it is hard to explain and remember them at the top of my head- you might have to ask TLL as he has lots of stories I am sure,lol. He is always commenting on how I do things that don't make any sense,lol.

I am also somewhat of a perfectionist and will obsess with a project. I won't eat-sleep or drink and will be anxious until I get to complete a project that comes from an out of no where inspiration..

Despite all this I am actually a happy go lucky bubbly and laughy individual. I live for comedy,lol.
    Me and hubby made an RPG Nutrition Game
    Play and Vote July 14th to Aug 14th
    http://www.appsforhealthykids.com/ap...ing-vegetables

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Merkw View Post
    INTx, and perhaps ISTP to a lesser degree. Perhaps any Introverted type if significantly neurotic.

Why do you ask?

MBTI
    ENTP

[bias]
    XNTP. The introverts in a lower-key, geeky, misanthropic kind of way and the extraverts in an exuberant, loopy and slightly obnoxious way that most people nonetheless can't help liking. ENFP are just as crazy, except even more people love them.
    [/bias]
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Idiosyncratic behavior is directly related to N, even the MBTI acknowledges this.

MBTI
    INTJ

Definitely an N type. Personally I would say one of the dominant N types. So have your pick: INTJ, INFJ, ENTP or ENFP. I would not consider ENTJs or ENFJs, at least, maybe INTPs and INFPs.

Enneagram
    1w2

Member 1: "I think INJs are the most eccentric. Ni causes striking, visceral visions of the future, psychic renderings that no force on earth can withstand. That includes reality."

Member 2: "No, no no! ENPs are the most eccentric! All that crazy Ne bouncing off the walls making connections where there are none! Eccentricity personified!"

Member 3: "I think INPs have a preponderous predilection towards eccentricity. The indomitable strength and superiority of their introverted judging function causes them to perlustrate every unfathomable facet of an idea and disregard any proof or evidence to the contrary because it has been thoroughly tested against their canonical internal system of values and found to be JUST and RIGHTEOUS. The contagion of sanity dare not enter here."

Member 4: "Do ENJs even count as Ns?"

Members 5-7: Insignificant rumblings of assorted sensors and XXXXs, and the rest of the peanut gallery.
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Splittet stole my answer. I'd say the ENxP's and INxJ's are the most "out there" and eccentric. ENxP's may even appear more eccentric because they wear their iNtuition on their sleeve, so to speak. INxJ's are at least as eccentric though (possibly even more eccentric), but it's less obvious since it's introverted.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Splittet View Post
    Definitely an N type. Personally I would say one of the dominant N types. So have your pick: INTJ, INFJ, ENTP or ENFP. I would not consider ENTJs or ENFJs, at least, maybe INTPs and INFPs.
    ENTJs and ENFJs are more likely the right-wing liberal types. I think they'd technically fit quite nicely into the eccentric boat.

(ENTJs are the ones I aspire to.)

INxPs are absent-minded types. Their eccentricity is usually apparent, but usually less of an annoyance to others than the dominant N's.

MBTI
    ISTP

ENTP.

No, seriously, I don't see how any other type, except maybe INTP, could possibly be as overall "out there" as ENTPs. ENTPs are the ones that do the crazy crap that INTPs think up... in fact, ENTPs are so optimistic about what they can do that they give me the creeps.

Hell, my favorite ENTP friend introduces himself as "Hi, I'm X, and I'm not crazy, just strange."