• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Eccentricity and MBTI

Which types are the most eccentric?

• ENTJ

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • ENTP

Votes: 25 54.3%
  • ENFJ

• ENFP

Votes: 9 19.6%
  • ESTJ

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ESTP

• ESFJ

• ESFP

• INTJ

Votes: 12 26.1%
  • INTP

Votes: 20 43.5%
  • INFJ

Votes: 7 15.2%
  • INFP

Votes: 18 39.1%
  • ISTJ

• ISTP

• ISFJ

• ISFP

Votes: 6 13.0%

• Total voters

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hats are cool, anyway.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Admiral Ackbar begs to differ.

star-wars-admiral-ackbar-its-a-cap.jpg

Mr. Sherlock Holmes

Consulting Detective
MBTI Type
JiNe
Enneagram
5W4
Another INTP eccentric and an INFP eccentric. Eccentricity is interesting. o_O

Donnie%20Darko.jpg

luna-lovegood.jpg

Craft

Probably Most Brilliant
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
It's not about personal opinion. Some types do tend to be 'eccentric'.

Objectively, the eccentric types are "INXX"'s.

And between the INXX, the most eccentric is INFJ. Followed by INTP and INTJ and least eccentric INFP.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
Since the question is "which type is most likely to be perceived as eccentric...," I'm going to go with ESFP, ISFP, ENTP, ENFP. The SFPs are most likely to display aspects of their individuality in their outward appearance, thus making them seem eccentric, and the ENPs are the most likely to openly voice their odd ideas, making them seem eccentric and maybe even a little crazy (cuckoolanders.) ESTP would come next, since their lack of regard for convention and their predilection for action will make them do things that seem a little eccentric or crazy.

The INPs are most likely going to come off as more boring than eccentric, and I don't think the INJs or ENJs are going to seem eccentric AT ALL. Especially INTJ or ENTJ - those types will come off as more dry than anything else. Same with ISTP. And the INFJ and ENFJ will probably take some measures to not seem eccentric or to stand-out.

The SJs will probably try their darndest to hide any seeming eccentricity.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ENFP or INFP; extraverted intuition (new crazy ideas, complete randomness, immense creavity, strongly individualistic) coupled with introverted feeling (rich inner fantasy, strong personal values, complex feelings and tastes, strongly individualistic, artistic, deep convictions). just look at Johnny Depp (INFP) or Lady GaGa (ENFP) and you'll see what I mean

Synapse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Elfboy said:
ENFP or INFP; extraverted intuition (new crazy ideas, complete randomness, immense creavity, strongly individualistic) coupled with introverted feeling (rich inner fantasy, strong personal values, complex feelings and tastes, strongly individualistic, artistic, deep convictions). just look at Johnny Depp (INFP) or Lady GaGa (ENFP) and you'll see what I mean

Maybe

Craft said:
It's not about personal opinion. Some types do tend to be 'eccentric'.

Objectively, the eccentric types are "INXX"'s.

And between the INXX, the most eccentric is INFJ. Followed by INTP and INTJ and least eccentric INFP.

Such contrasts.

Mr. Sherlock Holmes

Consulting Detective
MBTI Type
JiNe
Enneagram
5W4
I'm surprised nobody has chosen ISTPs. I wouldn't say they're the most, personally, but I think they can be rather eccentric.