User Tag List

View Poll Results: Which types are the most eccentric?

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • ENTJ

1 2.22%
  • ENTP

25 55.56%
  • ENFJ

1 2.22%
  • ENFP

8 17.78%
  • ESTJ

0 0%
  • ESTP

0 0%
  • ESFJ

0 0%
  • ESFP

1 2.22%
  • INTJ

12 26.67%
  • INTP

21 46.67%
  • INFJ

7 15.56%
  • INFP

17 37.78%
  • ISTJ

0 0%
  • ISTP

0 0%
  • ISFJ

0 0%
  • ISFP

6 13.33%
Multiple Choice Poll.
First 34567 Last

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWing View Post
    INJs and ENPs are most intuitive, however they are not the best at using their Intuitions. INPs are the best at using their Intuitions because they are most judicious about their intuitions. (Introverted Judgment is the strongest form of judgment.) You do not need as much Intuitive power as INJs and ENPs have in order to apply your intuitions well, you need much less. INPs have just enough.

INPs are most eccentric because they are most determined to live their lives based on their inner standards (Introverted Judgment). Whilst, the INJs do create their internal vision to live by, that is indeed highly esoteric, however they do subjugate it to an external standard. (Extroverted Judgment) INJs mostly measure their success by 'aha' moments which are founded on internal criteria (introverted intuition), however, their only solid way to measure success would be by an external standard. Thus, this ties them to the convention. ENPs , as dominant Intuitors too measure their success by an external standard, but it is tied to the external world because their visions orient more around the external world rather than the inner world. Their Introverted Judgment is not strong enough to be the primary standard of self-assessment.

However, INPs go primarily by the Internal standard, something the ENPs cannot do. They are tied to the convention due to their external intuitions in the same fashion as ENPs are, but the tie is much weaker because the Extroverted Intuition is less significant.

Eccentricity is most closely associated with one's ability to apply intuitions. INPs are the most proficient at this because they are the best at assessing, it as they have the firmest control over their Intuitions. (The question here is, what good is having as much Intuition as INJs and ENPs do if you cannot make sense of them and thus cannot put your intuitions to good use?) INJs are better than ENPs at using their Intuition because their Intuition is stronger due to the factor of introversion. ENPs have stronger judgment than INJs(also due to the introversion factor), though this factor is to be thought less significant than the former because here we are comparing secondary faculties as opposed to primary.

INP
    INJ
    ENP

Thinkers tend to be more eccentric than Feelers because they rely less on their external environment due to their higher propensity towards autonomy.

INTP
    INFP
    INTJ
    INFJ
    ENTP
    ENFP
    ENTJ
    ENFJ
    Correct.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

The most eccentric people I've ever met have been ISFP's strangely enough. They have very strange inner worlds. They'll also do crazy things for no reason, rather the same way INFP's do, except they do it more often. Their powerful imaginations always help with this too.

Any type with very strong function preferences always seem eccentric. Wildcat, Bluewing, and Hustler have given INTP's a strong case in this competition too.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    Since most of you have already decided that intuitives are the most eccentric types (which I call intuitive narcissism), I call your attention to this video recommended by meanlittlechimp.

I don't think we should be asking which types are the most eccentric, perhaps asking in what ways are different types eccentric. I also thing it's interesting the most people in this thread automatically zoomed in on the fact that some of the participants in this video are ISJs. There's no denying the bizarreness of the behavior.

What are the different ways sensors/intuitives manifest eccentricity?
    ISTJs, all of them. An F would not be happy with dolls.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by erm View Post
    The most eccentric people I've ever met have been ISFP's strangely enough. They have very strange inner worlds. They'll also do crazy things for no reason, rather the same way INFP's do, except they do it more often. Their powerful imaginations always help with this too.

Any type with very strong function preferences always seem eccentric. Wildcat, Bluewing, and Hustler have given INTP's a strong case in this competition too.
    I'm agreeing with this one. The two most likely ISFPs I've known, including an old boyfriend, have been a bit on the kooky side. Not in an insulting way, but their offbeat inner worlds seem to play out in their outer worlds which I think gives them more of an eccentric image - and I think they truly enjoy having an eccentric image! My ISFP ex used to wear offbeat clothes when we went out depending on his mood & exhibited kind of out there, illogical thoughts and actions. The thing that got me was that he was not embarassed in the way I would be if I did the same things. Both ISFPs also used to boast the "crazy" image in a proud sort of way.

I also agree that anyone with a strong function preferences is going to seem eccentric. INFJs & INTJs seem to get a bad rap with this one because Ni is quite possibly one of the more offbeat functions (Fi being the other one I feel fits into the traditional idea of eccentricity).

MBTI
    GONE

Quote Originally Posted by erm View Post
    I was actually going to say that ISFPs are hard nuts to crack -- at least for me. I think a stereotype would be for ISFP to be a survivalist or super outdoorsy person who lives alone in a cabin deep deep deep in the mountains drawing pictures they will never share with anyone else -- which is considered eccentric. If the ISFP I knew IRL is any indication, I can definitely see how their type is odd. Or oddly hot, I personally found the fact I couldn't quite understand his thought processes or what's going on with him to be attractive.

Hahahhaa...I wonder if Bluewing feels picked on.

INTPs are eccentric in that they are very individualistic in their thinking and don't need people to agree with them...I think. Just an observation of my 2 INTP friends. Rather than eccentric though people who know them would just say they definitely march to their own drummer.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by ptgatsby View Post
    ENTP.

No, seriously, I don't see how any other type, except maybe INTP, could possibly be as overall "out there" as ENTPs. ENTPs are the ones that do the crazy crap that INTPs think up... in fact, ENTPs are so optimistic about what they can do that they give me the creeps.

Hell, my favorite ENTP friend introduces himself as "Hi, I'm X, and I'm not crazy, just strange."
    I agree. We're pretty off-beat.

MBTI
    INFJ

INTPs are certainly non-conformists and independent thinkers. My husband is an atheist, but I wouldn't call him eccentric. He has few close friends, but a strong habit of service to others. A conservative dresser who doesn't like to stand out in any way. Neither exhibitionistic nor agoraphobic, and doesn't hold wacky theories. "March to his own drummer" is a good description.

The ENPs I know are much more eccentric. My cousin just put an addition on his house - there's a new front door, but no steps down to the stoop 20 feet below; the family has to use the old front door. Now that's eccentric.

Jae Rae

MBTI
    INTJ

It probably is INTx, because they are WYSIWYG and do not care much about what anybody else thinks of them, especially as they get older. Lack of eccentricity is mostly about the drive for conformity and acceptance, conscious or otherwise.
    INTJ bordering on ISTJ

MBTI
    ENTP

did I already mention this in this thread... can't remember (and can't be arsed to search)... but it depends on whether we're talking about who looks most eccentric as opposed to who really is, and whether they're the same thing.

As to who comes across the weirdest yeah, no contest for us ENTP's!

But when it comes to appearing really normal and stuff, and yet being seriously weird inside, I've known few who can compete with the INFJ's I've known... then again, that could just be my perception - that they're weird to me because they're so different to me.
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

ENTPs are the weirdest.

ENFPs are the craziest.

Not sure about the INTJ or the INFJ. I'd say the INTJ is the most sarcastic and the INFJ is the shyest.