• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Mis-typed

Snuggletron

Reptilian
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I was recently mistyped as an INTP by my INFJ friend's ENFP roommate (evidently he's the one who introduced my friends to MBTI, which eventually led one of them to get me into it).

So I guess it's his fault I'm here.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I'm usually mistyped as INTJ. Sometimes INTP, ISTJ, and ISFJ.

This mistyping can be so strong that people will insist I'm the one who's mistyping myself even after I tell them what type I am. Sigh.

Matthew_Z

That chalkboard guy
MBTI Type
xxxx
I'm usually mistyped as INTJ. Sometimes INTP, ISTJ, and ISFJ.

This mistyping can be so strong that people will insist I'm the one who's mistyping myself even after I tell them what type I am. Sigh.

A real INTJ would have a stronger rebuttal to an apparent mistyping than that.

FallaciaSonata

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
I've taken many tests, and I've never once been mis-typed. But then again, I tend to score in an "extreme" way, meaning, I score very high on each facet of the I S T J letters. This is why I prefer a test of cognitive function, as opposed to individual letters....but even then....

I still come out ISTJ. Very much so.

Your type will take form depending on your honesty in your answers, which is reflective of your mood at the time (which I am mostly exempt to, seeing how I'm blank almost all of the time) and also by the test itself.

I think the best way to find out your type is to study the functions and how they work, and more importantly, how they work in tandem, to find out which ones you use.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I score high on Ne and Fi but also on Ni and Fe

I already straddle the E/I line, you know that
Apparently, when I'm talking to someone who asks for advice, I go INFJ :shrug:

hmm...me too actually.

Two Point Two

MBTI Type
INTJ
I mistyped myself for a while; when I asked a friend whether I seemed more INTP or INTJ, I was actually told that there was no way I could ever possibly be a P.

In my experience on the internet, INTJs have sometimes typed me as INTP, while INTPs usually type me as INTJ.

Tests have occasionally given me all of the INs; the most usual results are the INTs.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Wild horses said:
Have you ever been mis-typed?? If so, what have you been typed as? What do you think gave off that impression?

Online I've had people mistype me as INTJ, INTP, ENTJ, ENFP, INFP and INFJ. Why? Iunno for sure but I can guess...

INTJ: I assume most typings were because I originally typed myself as that.

INTP: I don't even accept ENTP 100% so that one's understandable.

ENTJ: *shrug* Flak thinks I am but I have no clue.

ENFP: would prolly be because I'm a Ne dom and can appear to be more 'emotional' than a thinker should be.

INFP & INFJ: Sometimes when I join new boards people assume I'm a guy and mistake my fluffiness for a feeling preference.

The only time I've ever been mistyped as a Sensor is on a Socionics board based solely on VI.

Irl none of the people I associate with are into typology.

Are you more open to being mistyped over the internet.

I'm more likely to be mistyped over the internet because I hang on forums that revolve around typology, therefore people think they know and either guess without knowing my type or are sure I'm mistyped because 'they understand the system better than I know it in relation to myself', that and I don't know anyone irl who would try to type me.

If so does that mean that V.I plays a big part when typing someone?

Not so much VI in terms of physical features but mannerisms, style and how someone presents themselves irl certainly helps when typing and with a decent level of understanding it could be easier to type correctly, the down side of course, is you're not necessarily seeing what someone thinks in their writing like you can online.

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
Some people think I'm ESTP

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Hehe, yeah ENTJ-ISTP-ESTP all have that same 'don't mess with me' -vibe :D

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
Hehe, yeah ENTJ-ISTP-ESTP all have that same 'don't mess with me' -vibe :D

Hey! Are you saying that I have a don't mess with me vibe! Don't mess with me like that!

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Hey! Are you saying that I have a don't mess with me vibe! Don't mess with me like that!

:devil:

*prods with a stick*

:peepwall: :D

Come on, sweety..I'd never mess with you ;)

Edit: Lol... I just had a visual of the cliche Italian temper and how it would work on an ENTJ. I like it :D:D :D *prods you some more*

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
hahahahah damn you can't get angy with an ENFP

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Try...for me :smooch:

I'd love to see it :devil: :peepwall:

wolfy

awsm
Nobody has claimed me for another tribe on here. No one I know outside of the forum is into it.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I usually get ENFP and on rare occasions very rare INTP. if someone is typist against SJs they'll say that if they want to insult me, but really? I don't take that as a mistype more as a them trying to piss me off, it doesn't work.

poppy

triple nerd score
MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram
Thanks. Though I get the funny feeling I'd be laughed off the forum if I started hanging around with INTJ hanging around my neck.

You can't be any worse than INTJ123... :whistling:

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've never been mistyped by a person, as I hardly know anyone in real life who is familiar with MBTI. Tests have mistakenly typed me as INTP, INFP, and ISTJ.

I've never been mistyped by anyone in real life either, as my friends either don't know/care about mbti, or aren't obsessed with it so wouldn't try typing me as something else anyway!

I've met multiple people from typ-c, though, and even when I was questioning my type they all seemed to think INFJ was obvious. Same w/ via email w/ a few people on here - even when I tried to argue other possibilities for myself, they wouldn't deviate from the infj prognosis! :laugh:

In my early 20's though I never tested as an F - I always came out INTJ (although T was the weakest preference of the 4).