• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Your next most likely MBTI type

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
If I'm in my bubbly ghey mood then it would be ESFP. This would generally apply to my usual persona online. It's either ESFP or ENFP.

I think that's what you get for living with 3 ESFPs under one roof.

My ideal type is ESTP but I'm too rigid and too goal-oriented to be an ESTP. Or maybe I could be an ESTP 3? o.o

A

Anew Leaf

Lol... everyone on here seems to think I am an ENFP, so we can go with that.

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ENTP and INFP, in fact, I feel like both of those types in a blender :D

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Going by how I usually test, then INTP. I can like to argue/debate, be a know-it-all, not be moved emotionally by stuff that affects other people (especially women), not be directly people-focused in my approach to life, not seem "soft" or warm on my exterior, be annoyed by poor lines of reasoning, etc.

I'm close to an ISFP in that I am visually artistic & very captivated by aesthetics, and obviously we share Fi. The profiles just don't ring true over all, though. Going by profiles, I'd more likely confuse myself with an INTP (and I did at one time).

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
INFP inside, but I put on an xNTJ mask...

I totally relate to this (NTJ masks make people respect you and think you're powerful lol)

rav3n

I totally relate to this (NTJ masks make people respect you and think you're powerful lol)
Elfboy, this is the exact reason why I don't think you're an e8. You use masks of what you view are powerful types. But they're not what you are inside. There's a guy inside who's looking for external validation.

funkadelik

good hair
MBTI Type
lmao
INTP

I can't imagine myself being much else than an NTP. ENTP, actually. It just fits man...like a plug in a socket...it's electric!

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Elfboy, this is the exact reason why I don't think you're an e8. You use masks of what you view are powerful types. But they're not what you are inside. There's a guy inside who's looking for external validation.

respect, not external validation. you have a good point, but these are fairly different motivations. the NTJ mask would really more appropriately be called an NTJ tool or strategy. it's understandable that you don't think I'm an 8 (let's face it, I'm a very strange and seemingly contradictory person) but I think this is an important distinction

Edit: also, it's not really something fake that I use either. the TJ side of my personality is very real and I'm very comfortable using it.

Jade Curtiss

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Toss up between ISTP and INFP.

When I first started typology, all I was sure of was that I was INxx. After learning the true meaning of perceiving vs judging, when I realized I was an extreme perceiver, I struggled with whether I was INTP or INFP for almost a year. Now I identify very strongly with Ti after realizing I was just idealizing Fi and identifying with it without really "using" it; it took me a while to understand just how prevalent my use of Ti was because as is often described, identifying your dominant function in yourself can sometimes seem like describing your face without a mirror. So as a fellow Ti dom I relate very strongly to ISTP, as well as the associations that type has with an interest in extreme sports. OTOH, in some ways I still feel closer to INFP as another creative, introverted Ne user, behind the scenes type, as well my strong 4 wing. My intuition preference has always been higher than my thinking preference as far as dichotomies go, but Ti really does define my mindset quite concisely. So IntP.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Toss up between ISTP and INFP.

When I first started typology, all I was sure of was that I was INxx. After learning the true meaning of perceiving vs judging, when I realized I was an extreme perceiver, I struggled with whether I was INTP or INFP for almost a year. Now I identify very strongly with Ti after realizing I was just idealizing Fi and identifying with it without really "using" it; it took me a while to understand just how prevalent my use of Ti was because as is often described, identifying your dominant function in yourself can sometimes seem like describing your face without a mirror. So as a fellow Ti dom I relate very strongly to ISTP, as well as the associations that type has with interest in extreme sports. OTOH, in some ways I still feel closer to INFP as another creative, introverted Ne user behind the scenes type, as well the my strong 4 wing. My intuition preference has always been higher than my thinking preference as far as dichotomies go, but Ti really does define my mindset quite concisely. So IntP.

I think you are much more like an INFP than an ISTP :yes:

Jade Curtiss

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think you are much more like an INFP than an ISTP :yes:

I agree as far as my online persona goes, where I'm obviously acting more natural(ly abstract and Ne-like), but IRL I have a feeling I come off as an ISTP quite often, at least until people get to know me better. I'm always climbing trees, buildings, jumping things (really into parkour and rock climbing), and can get very competitive and "into the moment" in physical competitions and activities while hardly ever speaking to anyone (yes I know this is somewhat Se/ISTP stereotyping but I think these things do evoke that impression).

I've only recently started becoming more comfortable expressing my Ne around people I don't know well. In the past I think, once I became comfortable enough around those I've known awhile (usually just friends) and let out my Ne, they were kind of suprised to find out what an abstract, "head-in-the clouds" geek I actually was. In fact, hiding my Ne and coming off as an ISTP upon first impressions might have been somewhat of a subconscious defense mechanism during grade school, even into high school, to avoid being targeted as a stereotypical INTx nerd.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The answer is in my sig. :)

kelric

Feline Member
MBTI Type
INtP
Probably infp, but really any of the IN types are pretty close. entp when I'm in a particularly outgoing mood, but that's not often :D.

Santosha

MBTI Type
HUMR
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
INFP would be my close 2nd. Maybe my first? I can also come across ENTP in person and ESFP when drinking =D What do you think?

FunnyDigestion

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
INTP, then ISTP. I test as En 5 a lot.

Coming from this, I want to say that part of the reason I got into the MBTI was realizing I'm not as good at expressing my feelings as I want to be, that I undervalue them a lot of the time. I think INTP / ISTP is the role I enter in order to interface with society. Not 'people,' but society as an astract collective . & I realized that was holding me back from becoming a better person. I could be far better at relating & communicating with people. I'm a pretty underdeveloped INFP, is the gist of it.

[/storytime]

InTheFlesh

Enneagram
CFV

This is one of my favorite things about how I perceive other people perceiving me. I always get the feeling that in a serious setting those around me sense me as a threat, which makes me feel more confident.

On the question, according to my last test, I'm closest to INTP, just based on an overall lack of F, but I feel like I may be closer to INFJ.
Although how I gauge functions in my head has shown to be incorrect, so I'm not sure. One of those two, for sure.

In my mind it's: INTJ>INFJ>INTP
Though it is kind of arbitrary.

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ENFP/ESFP -> INTJ, never any other type.

4w3 -> 7w6 -> 3w4