• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Your next most likely MBTI type

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
you must use your Te differently than I do. I have a decent amount of it, but when I use Te, it's much more direct, deliberate and easy to point out "that's Te". your Te seems more subtle and has a softer vibe to it, perhaps because you use it at the same time as Fi. perhaps Te is simply more natural for you where I am at a point in my life where I have to use it more consciously/deliberately. your Si is definitely more developed than mine, but you're still obviously an NFP (although I would believe you if you said you were an INFP)

I am kind of xNFP.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Good question. The extremely obvious answer would be INTP, since I am still very much on the I/E borderline, but recent things have suggested that I'm also very close to ENFP as well. But then ENFP is pretty far off from INTP.... so I'll just play around with upper and lowercase letters for a while.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I certainly don't see ESFP in you, but Se isn't the most apparent thing on a forum where one communicates solely via typing.

I know I'm not ESFP. I tested as ENFP on both tests I paid for, and ENFP or INFP on most of those free tests (with the occasional INFJ or ENTP odd result).

Orangey and some others have said I seem ESFP. I think I remind Orangey of her sister, and it could purely be through virtue of being ExFP. I know I can't be an Se dom. I'm just not. The difference between me and an Se dom is incredibly obvious, I'm just not "all here" enough to be Se dominant, nor do I have their greater extroversion.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I know I'm not ESFP. I tested as ENFP on both tests I paid for, and ENFP or INFP on most of those free tests (with the occasional INFJ or ENTP odd result).

Orangey and some others have said I seem ESFP. I think I remind Orangey of her sister, and it could purely be through virture of being ExFP. I know I can't be an Se dom. I'm just not. The difference between me and an Se dom is incredibly obvious, I'm just not "all here" enough to be Se dominant, nor do I have their greater extroversion.

same here. KDude suggested I was ESFP and I was like "wuh?" ENFPs and ESFPs are both extraverts, but ESFPs are the most extroverted and ENFPs are the least extraverted of the extraverted. ESFPs are very physical and coordinated and tend to view things more literally, and I cannot see an ESFP mistyping as an INFP like so many ENFPs do. ENFPs are intellectual and cerebral, even if we can be shallow and hedonistic.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I don't know, she just seems to have well developed Si (a sense of order and groundedness) and doesn't seem ESFJ or STJ

huh. i don't see sense of order (no offense marmie, it just doesn't "strike a bell" in terms of things i feel in response to you/your posts) but groundedness, yes. she is more... solid... than some. i don't know if that's Si though. maybe both Te and Si.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
huh. i don't see sense of order (no offense marmie, it just doesn't "strike a bell" in terms of things i feel in response to you/your posts) but groundedness, yes. she is more... solid... than some. i don't know if that's Si though. maybe both Te and Si.

Ha no offense taken. I'm not very orderly at all. AT ALL. OMGZ YOU SHOULD SEE MY SOCK DRAWER. But there is a certain solidity to me I think, and it's something that's grown with age so it's probably both Te and Si.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ha no offense taken. I'm not very orderly at all. AT ALL. OMGZ YOU SHOULD SEE MY SOCK DRAWER. But there is a certain solidity to me I think, and it's something that's grown with age so it's probably both Te and Si.

I think it's Si more than Te. solid implies CONSISTANT, which is the achilles heel of ENFPs until they develope Si and get some sort of routine and discipline (self included, guilty as charged). Te is more about pragmatism, catagorizing and logical problem solving "what's the problem?" "I need more information to solve this problem" "if you want result a, implement plan X" "you reap what you sow"

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I think it's Si more than Te. solid implies CONSISTANT, which is the achilles heel of ENFPs until they develope Si and get some sort of routine and discipline (self included, guilty as charged)

Routine?

0_0

I hate routine, I hate schedules, I'm currently one of the most disengaged people I know. I don't wear business clothes, some days I don't even wear shoes. I eat, sleep, and work by when I feel like it or when I need to meet a deadline.

My sock drawer is full of things like folders of stuff I edited and the case where I keep my glasses.

It could be Si. I just don't think of my solidity as consistency, I think of it as "earthy." It may be Si because it's grown with life experience, but I'm pretty much the opposite of SJ.

Inconnue

MBTI Type
TiNe
Enneagram
I almost always score INTJ and sometimes ISTJ (no use of Se but I use Si), never score as what I consider to be closer to my real type so I guess one of them is similar to the way I function.
I think I can pass as an ISTJ sometimes because I avoid conflict and prefer safety so I can "act" like someone who has a strong sense of duty. I also like to gather facts when I'm obsessed with something so I could see a link. INTPs use Si so it's no big surprise that I could score a bit higher on that sometimes, I think I've developped it.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Routine?

0_0

I hate routine, I hate schedules, I'm currently one of the most disengaged people I know. I don't wear business clothes, some days I don't even wear shoes. I eat, sleep, and work by when I feel like it or when I need to meet a deadline.

My sock drawer is full of things like folders of stuff I edited and the case where I keep my glasses.

It could be Si. I just don't think of my solidity as consistency, I think of it as "earthy." It may be Si because it's grown with life experience, but I'm pretty much the opposite of SJ.

yes, "earthy" is the precisely the word I was looking for to describe the more SJ-ish aspect of your vibe. NFPs are the opposite of earthy naturally. Ne is bouncing ideas and theories everywhere while Fi is conjuring romantic fantasies, focusing on vibes and reflecting on personal values. both functions lead NFPs to be rather up in the clouds and idealistic. Si is like "this is past" which is seldom as glamorous and ethereal as the crazy imagination of an NFP. NFPs with more experience can be more earthy because their past experience let's them know what to expect and gives them a better idea of how the physical world operates and looks like, as opposed to a 7 year old ENFP who can't tell you what color walls his classroom has after being in it 100 times

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
yes, "earthy" is the precisely the word I was looking for to describe the more SJ-ish aspect of your vibe. NFPs are the opposite of earthy naturally. Ne is bouncing ideas and theories everywhere while Fi is conjuring romantic fantasies, focusing on vibes and reflecting on personal values. both functions lead NFPs to be rather up in the clouds and idealistic. Si is like "this is past" which is seldom as glamorous and ethereal as the crazy imagination of an NFP. NFPs with more experience can be more earthy because their past experience let's them know what to expect and gives them a better idea of how the physical world operates and looks like, as opposed to a 7 year old ENFP who can't tell you what color walls his classroom has after being in it 100 times

Oh, you were referring to my pesky tendency to occasionally bring up things like facts and reality. I am more balanced on my sensing that way, and I think that can have to do with class, as well.

If you're from a working class family and were taught to do chores and have had to work at shitty jobs and have been forced to face reality, then yes, you'll probably seem more "earthy" than someone from an upper middle class family who has been sheltered and who is 22 years old and still doesn't know how to cook macaroni and cheese or do their own laundry.

I'm not even sure that has anything to do with personality type.

But we'll call it Te/Si, because essentially that's what it is. I am pragmatic due to life experience. Sure.

KDude

same here. KDude suggested I was ESFP and I was like "wuh?" ENFPs and ESFPs are both extraverts, but ESFPs are the most extroverted and ENFPs are the least extraverted of the extraverted. ESFPs are very physical and coordinated and tend to view things more literally, and I cannot see an ESFP mistyping as an INFP like so many ENFPs do. ENFPs are intellectual and cerebral, even if we can be shallow and hedonistic.

Se has it's own intellectual capacity. Don't let something that generic get in the way.

I'm more convinced that you're some kind of Ni/Se type in general though, rather than settled on ESFP. You don't seem Ne at all. And if you are an NF, it all seems to revolve around something internal.. your persona shifting, having situational versions of yourself and your image, wanting to affect others this way.. rather than affect people with Ne objectives the way ENTPs and ENFPs do. The one "persona" you haven't shown is theirs.

Now that I saw you compared yourself to Jules from Pulp Fiction in that other thread too, I'm even more convinced. :D

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Se has it's own intellectual capacity. Don't let something that generic get in the way.

I'm more convinced that you're some kind of Ni/Se type in general though, rather than settled on ESFP. You don't seem Ne at all. And if you are an NF, it all seems to revolve around some internal.. your persona shifting, having situational versions of yourself and your image, wanting to affect others this way.. rather than affect people with Ne objectives the way ENTPs and ENFPs do. The one "persona" you haven't shown is theirs.

Now that I saw you compared yourself to Jules from Pulp Fiction in that other thread too, I'm even more convinced. :D

not likely. I'd love to be an NTJ but I don't see NJ or SP as very likely (and I'm certainly not FJ or TP). my Ne and Fi score almost perfect on all the tests I've taken while my Ni is only average and my Se is friggin terrible. my hedonistic/diva-ish tendencies are related to being a 7/wing 7 (don't know which one). Ne is all about making connections, thinking in terms of what if, metaphors, analogies and new ideas. I think you mistake my hedonistic tendencies for Se, but I am not detail oriented at all and don't remember details without tremendous effort (the example sited earler in the thread of the 7 year old ENFP who couldn't tell you the color of his classroom walls was me). as for NTJ, I'm certainly not J (although it would really help sometimes lol) and my Fi has been with me since I can remember while my Te didn't start to develope until 2 years ago or so.

Elfa

Señora Member
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
For a long time I thought I was INTP, and sometimes I ask myself if I'm really INFP and not INTP or INFJ... And I always get to the conclusion that I'm really INFP.

Eckhart

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
???
I have no idea what second type I could be close to, because I feel really quite sure nowadays about my INFP as real type, so I don't consider other possibilities too much.