• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Tertiary Ni

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I read this awhile back about our tertiary temptation.

Tertiary Ni: "I can't possibly go along with this, 'cuz it's all a lie. It's all a set-up by the Man. I'd just be serving his interests and not my own. I'm not gonna be suckered by all this self-serving bull. No way, man, I gotta go my own way." The Secondary Function would say: "This thing's bigger than you. Better just go with the flow, do what you can, trust your instincts to deal with what's right here and now."

So for me I fear that "the man" has set something up to go up against me. I have been here, done that. "The man" is the person that you think can pull something over your head.

It made me wonder, what if you trusted "The man" to cause no harm, then you would have no fear of "the man" and feel at ease just going with the flow and entering your secondary function as opposed to retreating into your tertiary temptation.

Thoughts from Non ISxP and have any ISxP types hit this point?

Is there any other way that we can possibly handle situations? It seems like we have the option of our tertiary temptation or our auxilary function at our control, is this all we know?

We cannot tap into our subconcious, but I wonder if others can tap into it. Pull out things that are not in your control and allow us to tap into these functions that we cant or have a hard time tapping into on our own.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
My tertiary temptation is pancakes.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
My tertiary temptation is pancakes.

I prefer dinner for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Somtimes lunch for breakfast, or lunch for dinner is ok, but generally not breakfast for breakfast, lunch, or dinner:yes: