User Tag List

1231151 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

Default Typology Central Members Personality Type Survey

This is based off of Usehername's INTJ Female Role Call. I was filling out all the questions she had and I was reading other female INTJ's responces. I found it very interesting and that it seemed like most female INTJ were not girly-girls. I found I related to some of them and not to others. So, this arouse my curiousity about people and personality types. So we have so many different people here, with different personalities, backgounds and beliefs, I thought it would be interesting to see what other types would answer to some of these questions.

I hope some of you will take the time to answer these questions, I'm just curious about what everyone is like and why they think the way they do.

So please tell me:

Backgound
    1. What is your personality type?
    2. Are you male or female?
    3. What country do you live in now? What country are you born in?
    4. What cultural background are you?
    5. What religion are you? What religion is your family?

Questions
    6. What career are you in or looking to be in? What are you doing right now to help you achieve this career goal?
    7. What is your friendships like with both genders? How many good friends do you have and why are you friends with these people?
    8. What paranoias do you have?
    9. What are your vices?
    10. What are your fears?
    11. What is your relationship like with your parents? siblings (if you had any)?
    12. How are you with expressing emotion in public?
    13. How do you think people saw you in high school? How do you think people see you now?
    And finally....
    14. What do you see as the point to your life and life in general?

Thanks all for looking at this and thank you for those of you who answered the questions.

--------
    I'm just a curious person whose trying to understand, thank you all of you who is giving me this opportunity.

P.S. I'm not sure if I have this in the right section, if not, if one of the administrators don't mind moving it to wherever this belongs.... Thanks!
    Last edited by Vasilisa; 05-17-2012 at 03:28 PM. Reason: title
    Sorry for any typos, spelling or grammer errors but I'm a bit preoccupied planning my wedding.
    Or if you want to read more about me and help me gain more insight to your world (I do need more experiences in life), feel free to skim through my blog.
    Likes PerfectModest liked this post

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Backgound
    1. What is your personality type? INFJ
    2. Are you male or female? Female
    3. What country do you live in now? United States What country are you born in? United States
    4. What cultural background are you? WASP
    5. What religion are you? Pentecostal Christian What religion is your family? Pentecostal Christian

Questions
    6. What career are you in or looking to be in? Homemaker What are you doing right now to help you achieve this career goal? Looking for ways to streamline mundane tasks and/or make them more palatable so I can become more effective at my job and also conserve money so that we can retire comfortably.
    7. What is your friendships like with both genders? I tend not to make friends with men, esp. IRLHow many good friends do you have and why are you friends with these people? Outside of my partner and my online friends, I have two good friends. I'm friends with them because I like them, respect their value systems, and they put up with me.
    8. What paranoias do you have? They vary depending on my mood and triggering events.
    9. What are your vices? Laziness, the internet, loose lips, avoidance
    10. What are your fears? Going nuts, bad karma, my kids growing up to hate me.
    11. What is your relationship like with your parents? My relationship with my dad is distant, but fairly positive (I think). I am estranged from my mother by my choice. siblings (if you had any)? My relationship with my brothers is pretty good but we do not stay in touch all that well.
    12. How are you with expressing emotion in public? I strongly prefer not to.
    13. How do you think people saw you in high school? Nice but spacey, maybe a little stuck up and uptight. How do you think people see you now? Probably about the same, but less stuck up and uptight.
    And finally....
    14. What do you see as the point to your life and life in general? I don't know what anyone else's point in life is. That's for them to figure out. My point in life is to be there for husband, my children, my brothers and sister-in-law, my friends, and eventually my grandchildren.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

This looks more interesting than finishing writing a paper!

type-estp

sex-female

country of origin-us

background-rural working class

religion (self/parents)-deist/methodist

job and preparation-law enforcement/finishing my college education

genders and friends and # of friends-most of my friends are male, though my best friend is female/ I'd have to say that I only have 2 friends that I'll really TALK to though (you know- about personal stuff and such!)

paranoias- umm...none?

vices- a bit of an addictive personality

fears- clowns and face masks

relationships with family- good

emotion in public- I loathe showing emotion in public, though I did once get drunk and cry at a wedding reception

high school and now- smart and a bit cold/I'm apparently feared! my friends like me!

point of life- see and do as much as possible
    Last edited by miss fortune; 12-19-2007 at 12:42 AM.

MBTI
    INTj

1. It's a secret.
    2. Male'ish
    3. US
    4. Jew person
    5. Agnostic. The religion of Jew people.
    6. Astronaut. Hmm. . . I subscribe to Astronauts Monthly magazine!?
    7. I have two - one female, and one male. Distant with the male. Not so distant with the female.
    8. I fear really long posts with lot's of questions.
    9. Buying books!? I'm one of those bibliophile peoples.
    10. People knowing more about me than I do about them.
    11. I haven't talked to them in a little over two years.
    12. It depends on the situation.
    13. The nerdy punk rock kid who didn't talk very much. The nerdy adult that doesn't talk very much and is too old to listen to punk rock music.
    14. To procreate.
    "The only time I'm wrong is when I'm questioning myself."
    Haight

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Background
    1. What is your personality type? If you don't know by now, you should read more.
    2. Are you male or female? Somewhere in between.
    3. What country do you live in now? The United States of America.
    4. What cultural background are you? Nordic, Germanic, Slavic, Celtic. And I wish I had even more of that first one.
    5a. What religion are you? I invent my own.
    5b. What religion is your family? They were raised Roman Catholic.

Questions
    6a. What career are you in or looking to be in? I've lost sight of everything right now.
    6b. What are you doing right now to help you achieve this career goal? See above.
    7a. What is your friendships like with both genders? I don't really have any real friends.
    7b. How many good friends do you have and why are you friends with these people? See 7a.
    8. What paranoias do you have? The thing about paranoid people is that they don't think they're paranoid.
    9. What are your vices? If I told you that, then you'd know how to control me.
    10. What are your fears? See number 9.
    11a. What is your relationship like with your parents? I'll let them live for now.
    11b. What is your relationship like with your siblings (if you had any)? Neutral.
    12. How are you with expressing emotion in public? It usually consists of four-letter words.
    13a. How do you think people saw you in high school? They thought I was slightly psychotic, to be honest.
    13b. How do you think people see you now? I didn't ask.
    And finally....
    14. What do you see as the point to your life and life in general? I have discovered that life is without meaning. And so I use the opportunity to take advantage of other mindless sheep.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

Backgound
    1. What is your personality type? INTP, 5w6-SX
    2. Are you male or female? Female
    3. What country do you live in now? What country are you born in? United States, United States
    4. What cultural background are you? Uh, American? My father has southern heritage, my mother's background is all in New York City.
    5. What religion are you? What religion is your family? I'm an atheist, and I was raised an atheist. My mother is a Jew and my father is a Protestant.

Questions
    6. What career are you in or looking to be in? What are you doing right now to help you achieve this career goal? I want to become a mathematics professor. Currently I'm applying to undergrad, hoping to follow that with grad school, then professorship.
    7. What is your friendships like with both genders? How many good friends do you have and why are you friends with these people? I don't relate well to many people, but most of those to whom I do are male. I don't understand women. I've been referred to as a man trapped in a woman's body.
    Um, none? I don't feel that my fears are inappropriately intense regarding anything.
    9. What are your vices?
    Caffeine.
    10. What are your fears?
    Disappointment, sentimentality, ignorance.
    11. What is your relationship like with your parents? siblings (if you had any)? I get along well with my father. He's an INTJ. Less well with my mother, she's an ESTJ and very neurotic. I have no siblings.
    12. How are you with expressing emotion in public? Not applicable. I don't.
    13. How do you think people saw you in high school? How do you think people see you now? I'm a senior in high school and people have told me I'm "In my own world," "Scary/Strange/Weird/Creepy/Odd," and "A genius." I cannot account for the accuracy of these statements, I am merely reporting what I have been told.
    And finally....
    14. What do you see as the point to your life and life in general? Not applicable. There is no point to life.
    "Having is not such a pleasing thing as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true." --Spock

MBTI: INTP
    Enneagram: 5w6 - SP/SX
    Oldham: Solitary, Idiosyncratic

MBTI
    ENTP

Backgound
    Definitely ENTP for the last five years at least, though childhood and early teens were very stereotypically INTP-ish.
    Um... well I'm male now, but I was born and raised as a girl, lived as one up to six years ago when I changed sex. I was never happy as a girl, as far back as my living memory goes, and I could never fit in with other girls. I always hung out with boys and found it easier to be accepted with them.
    England now, born in France where I lived up to age 8 and have zipped back and forth between England and France since then, but mostly living in England.
    Not sure what you mean about this... French and English I guess...? Rural childhood, urban teenage years and adulthood's been mostly spent in the suburbs of a small town. Oh, I guess it might count as cultural background that my dad was a self-sufficiency fanatic, and so we lived in derelict hovels most of my childhood, where we had to provide and do everything for ourselves, e.g. making bread from scratch (planting the grain, harvesting, milling flour, etc), thatching the roof, milking goats, slaughtering pigs and chickens etc., and it might also count that I had no access to TV or radio until I was about 9, and up to and beyond then I kind of raised myself on medieval literature that an uncle used to bring over for me (he was a professor of medieval studies).
    I'm a Liberal Anglo-Catholic, but I spent years as a Muslim from my late teens until about 4 years ago, and was raised in a combination of Jehovah's Witnesses and just non-religiousness. The vast majority of my family is non-religious and many of them are very hostile towards religion, mainly because of the way my Dad so fanatically enforced JW stuff onto us all.

Questions
    6. What career are you in or looking to be in? What are you doing right now to help you achieve this career goal?
    I've worked as a freelance, self-employed translator since I was 16, which has been my main bread-winner, though I've gathered more languages under my belt as time's gone on and diversified into ancient ones, plus transcription of manuscripts, deciphering etc., as well as research. I've always loved my job, though what I wanted to do as a kid was to be a monk, and it's what I plan to do when my kids grow up and leave home. Towards that end I'm involved in tonnes of voluntary ministries for and in the Church of England, gaining experience and working on myself to be prepared for that time, whilst investing in my children's futures to ensure they'll be able to manage financially without me being able to bail them out as I'll have to renounce all property, though I'm not entering an enclosed community and can freely see them and have them to stay anytime.
    7. What is your friendships like with both genders? How many good friends do you have and why are you friends with these people?
    When I lived as a woman I was only ever bullied and teased by women, but got along well with men and most boys. As a man, I get along well with almost everyone, except very stuffy/prim women or sorta 'burly', red-neck type men. I have quite a large social circle, several different groups, some of whom overlap but a lot of them don't know each other, and many only do through me. I guess to begin with I just chat with anyone who's friendly and open, but if someone can really carry their side of a conversation and if they're adventurous and open-minded then I tend to be attracted to them (but not romantically) and so just find ways to see more of them until we become friends. As for very close friends, probably about 4 or 5 who are like family (well, not like my family, but like family should be!) to me. I find myself attracted to powerful and energetic people because most of the time I'm the one carrying everyone else along on my energy, so it's nice to actually not have to do that sometimes and to even feel like I'm the one being swept along!
    Um, dunno, I don't really think I have any... I mean if I did, then I'd think they were perfectly logical, wouldn't I, and I wouldn't see them as paranoias. Though... I guess I find it impossible to trust people of my generation to actually commit truly to relationships and not leave when the fireworks die down, and I also find it impossible to trust most people with secrets, especially women (from bitter experience). I used to be very trusting but since some very nasty experiences I've learned to play my cards pretty close to my chest and keep my own counsel when it comes to secrets.
    9. What are your vices?
    Anger and alcohol. When very stressed, both become a severe risk and can cause implosion or explosion at undeserving targets.
    10. What are your fears?
    Claustrophobia, very acute. Used to be arachnaphobic but it doesn't seem to bother me any more. Abandonment - which obviously comes from having been abandoned by my mother and step-dad on my 12th birthday. I just assume that anyone will abandon me at some point, and so never even consider getting attached to them.
    11. What is your relationship like with your parents? siblings (if you had any)?
    Dad (ISTP) - had Asperger's, very stormy relationship. When he wasn't beating me with a large iron wrench or shoving the Bible down my throat, he sometimes said/did things that made me think he really did care. Always meant to patch things up with him as an adult, but just took too long getting over everything and never felt quite ready, then he died earlier this year.
    Mother (ESFx) - just no relationship really. I never remember relating to her, or her understanding me or hugging me or ever being interested in me, or me in her. It was almost as though she didn't exist. She left Dad when I was 9 and took my 2 little sisters to live with her and her new boyfriend who became my step-dad (ISTP), leaving me in a derelict house with the maniac! Then after I came to live with them, their house got reposessed and they moved 150 miles away with my little sisters while I was at school on my 12th birthday, so I came home to an empty house and just no sign of anyone. Never had much to say to step-dad either. Walked the 17 miles to my dad's house that day I was abandoned and ended up living with him for a year alone, in absolute hell, with no communication at all from mother before she turned up suddenly one day and took me back to live with her so she could be entitled to a bigger house on the state welfare housing system. Then spent the rest of the time ignored until and after I left home.
    Oldest sister (ESFP) - no relationship to speak of, except that I had little respect or liking for her.
    Older brother (ENFP) - good relationship, but 6 years older than me, we didn't live together at all from when I was about 8 as he left to live with his best friend's family. But we've always had an easy relationship when we've been back in touch, and this year have become much closer following Dad's funeral etc and bonded over clearing his estate.
    Younger sister (ESFJ) - closest to me in age, raised as though twins virtually, but she was very different to me. Very manipulative and spoilt, always mother's favourite. Went our separate ways when I left home, but we're mostly on speaking terms.
    Youngest sister (ENFJ) - 7 years younger than me, so relationship semi-uncle-like as I also didn't live with her for that long, as I left home at 15.

Well, you asked!!

Happy emotion - fine, no problem. Very exuberant and expressive. Angry emotion - sort of fine, but restrained. Sadness/sorrow/hurt/pain - impossible, no can do.

13. How do you think people saw you in high school? How do you think people see you now?
    I was without doubt a geek and very unpopular at school, and constantly bullied. Entire days went by when I didn't even say a single word except 'here' during roll call. People used to describe me as 'clever' and 'brainy'. Much has changed! I mostly get told now that I come across as confident, chaotic (in the roleplaying sense of opposite to lawful), friendly and generous.
    And finally....
    Nope, can't answer that in a single paragraph... haha! Closest I can get would be... hm... to reach a level of closeness to God wherein my will merges with his, so that I spend my entire time doing only his work, to wit: show, demonstrate and be the love, joy and peace that he is, to the people I know and meet, and bring it to whatever I participate in. I said it's the point, I didn't claim that I've achieved it!
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Fun!

1. What is your personality type? -- INFJ
    2. Are you male or female? - Female
    3. What country do you live in now? What country are you born in? - USA
    4. What cultural background are you? - Stoic northern europeans :-)
    5. What religion are you? What religion is your family? - I'm Agnostic; Parents are Lutheran; brother is ?

6. What career are you in or looking to be in? What are you doing right now to help you achieve this career goal? -- Business Systems Analyst. I'm content/happy w/ it. Once I get bored with it, I'll just have to figure out something else.
    7. What is your friendships like with both genders? How many good friends do you have and why are you friends with these people? -- I have two male friends (ENFP and INxP), but I've always had problems being friends with men; just the whole physical attraction thing, or me sensing they don't really want to be 'just' my friend. I have three female friends who I'd consider really good friends - 2 INFJ's, and 1 ENf/tJ, and one coworker who I'm becoming closer to (ISFJ). I have a high school friend and 3 college friends who I still keep in touch with, but I wouldn't say I'm close to them anymore. Sadly, only two of all of these people live in the same city as me. All the rest are in different states. I am friends with all of them because they're all rather deep/complex, have rich inner lives, are considerate of others, are independent and unique (ok, coworker excluded from independent - but I still think she's awesome), and all are open-minded and free-thinking -- they kind of move to the beat of their own drum. And, I connect well with all of them, and 'connection' is something that doesn't happen terribly often for me.
    8. What paranoias do you have? Usually paranoias relate to intra- and interpersonal issues - and highly dependent on my mood
    9. What are your vices? Overanalyzing things
    10. What are your fears? I can't think of any right now
    11. What is your relationship like with your parents? siblings (if you had any)? Get along well with both parents, but I wouldn't say it's a close relationship. I've never been able to connect with my dad, and my mom has too much anxiety, and if I'm with her for too long, she makes ME tense. One brother - we get along just peachy!
    12. How are you with expressing emotion in public? I don't really do it around strangers, but around people I know (coworkers, or friends I'm with when I'm out in public), I will show emotion. But...usually just positive emotions..I rarely show my negative ones.
    13. How do you think people saw you in high school? How do you think people see you now? - People saw me as quiet and sweet - and the 'Friday night studier' - I was totally mortified about that, because I rarely studied, they just thought I did. I truly only had one, maybe two, friends, and wasn't part of any clique. Now? I posted a blurb in my introduction post about how my coworker thinks I appear.
    And finally....
    14. What do you see as the point to your life and life in general? Point of my life is to live it to the fullest, and experience as much as I possibly can, and grow as a person by learning about myself and being with others. I want a rich life, and I try to live so that when I'm older and look back, I won't regret TOO much. ;-) I want to seize opportunities. Life in general? Just to make the most of it, as you see fit.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

INTP; Enneagram 5w4 sx/sp

Yes. (=female) See here, flip and reverse answer #2.

Pennsylvania, USA (born in same)

Caucasian; Christianized

Theist/Agnostic; family is Christian (conservative)

Career goals have always been confusing/nebulous for me, I was never quite sure what I truly wanted. Career concerns have been momentarily laid aside while I work through some life issues right now, but I plan to use my writing, communication, and creative skills more in the future. My current career is in the area of technical writing, art/documentation production, and report design/coding. I wish it was more in areas such as counseling/therapy or psychology.

I enjoy building friendships with women far more than with men. I do not identify nearly as much with men or have that much to talk about with them, and often it will become boring. (Even the relationships I do develop with them at this time seem to be more on the surface; female relationships go deeper and seem more relevant to me.) I do have 2-3 close male friendships, with men who are more androgynous in nature (they are all NP's, I realize).

I don't really know how to define a level of friendship with people (i.e., "good friends"), because I am very willing to open myself up to virtually anyone, as much as they are willing to handle; I'm not usually the one to put the brakes on first. However, I am also very sensitive to how comfortable people are and will not go further than they want; I hate to intrude or be a burden.

The people I bond with most easily share traits off this list: Thoughtful, respectful, playful, intelligent, open-minded/approachable, good listeners, honest, responsible, willing to learn, exploring, funny/witty, imaginative.

• Being looked upon negatively by others, especially when I feel I did not deserve it.
    • Disappointing people's expectations.
    • Losing my creativity or intelligence.

9. What are your vices?
    • Too passive, do not stand up for myself or know when I should even do so.
    • Have trouble making decisions and sticking with them; undisciplined.
    • Staying too detached from people when they need emotion; using intellect to protect myself.
    • Not spending enough time with people physically, just doing things with them.
    • Self-absorped.
    • Inexplicable shame about who and what I am.
    • Wordy as hell.

10. What are your fears?
    • Spiders
    • Being unable to take care of myself and having to depend on others, especially physically.
    • Not being quite as smart, creative, or profound as I hope that I am.
    • Failing my commitments.
    • Being utterly alone without anyone at all.
    • Never finding happiness in life or peace within myself.

• Amiable but not close. We are accessible and do not hate each other, but have little in common. My parents live 90 minutes away; my sister, 3-4 hours.
    • My mother is an ISFJ and I pulled away from her when younger because she was too dependent emotionally and I felt smothered by her. She also does not really understand me at ALL. And especially since I have left the church.
    • My father was an alcoholic. He is much easier to talk to in some ways -- he "gets me" more than my mother -- but there is still much distance there, and he is still sort of clueless in terms of how people work.
    • My sister is an ISFJ and five years younger, so we never spent much time together at all. We have little in common except our past. She is a very nice, giving person; but at best we will just maintain a distant but amiable relationship.

• I can laugh and express joy easily.
    • I do not cry in public.
    • I show sympathy/empathy and do not mind hugs, but overt displays of affection can sometimes very much rub me the wrong way or really embarrasses me. ("No gushie!")
    • I try hard not to get angry in public; and the times when I do, everyone knows I must be very upset. (Afterwards, I will usually feel embarrassed even if I know I was in the right.)

• Then: People thought I was talented and creative but lived in a world irrelevant to theirs. (I grew up in a very rural setting, where most people never went to college or attended community college and were not very ambitious.)
    • Now: People who get to know me realize I am smart and funny and creative and considerate/caring, but they also think I am too passive and apologetic, not engaging as much as I should, and that I "cover myself up" rather than letting myself be fully who and what I am without apology. I could promote myself more.

And finally....

The purpose of my life is to:
    • Perceive and share a bigger picture of Life and what it is and what it means
    • Voyage of discovery: Explore and synthesize every experience and situation and insight I can, so I can convey a sense of it to others in a way they understand.
    • Perceive and encourage others to become fully who and what they are, so that they feel worthwhile and unique and valuable, and blaze like stars.

All of these things are tied together -- the Truth of life and the universe, and the Truth of individual identity.

As far as the purpose of life in general? I do not know if there is a bigger picture, I just know what I am to do.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

The Unwieldy Clawed One Falcarius's Avatar
    MBTI
    COOL
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    Dino None

1. What is your personality type?]INTP.
    2. Are you male or female? Male
    3. What country do you live in now? What country are you born in? UK
    4. What cultural background are you? I don't understand this question. Did I just not answer this above?
    5. What religion are you? What religion is your family? Anglican. Myself agnostic.
    6. What career are you in or looking to be in? Househusband.
    What are you doing right now to help you achieve this career goal? By stalking feminists around town.
    7. What is your friendships like with both genders? How many good friends do you have and why are you friends with these people? I don't think I would call anyone I know a good friend, as I don't let them get that close.
    8. What paranoias do you have?I don't have any.
    9. What are your vices? laziness
    10. What are your fears? Being ordinary.
    11. What is your relationship like with your parents? My parents were emotional cold, but I get on with them well considering.
    siblings (if you had any)?Fine
    12. How are you with expressing emotion in public? It depends on the situation.
    13. How do you think people saw you in high school?How do you think people see you now? Strange. I actively avoided people but because of my lack of self-disclosure I became somewhat seen as mysterious and interesting.
    And finally....
    14. What do you see as the point to your life and life in general? It has no true purpose, one makes their own meaning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalassa View Post
    Oh our 3rd person reference to ourselves denotes nothing more than we realize we are epic characters on the forum.

Narcissism, plain and simple.