• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Typology Central Members Personality Type Survey

Blackmail!

Gotta catch you all!
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
1. What is your personality type?
ENTP with a high Fe

2. Are you male or female?
Male, I think

3. What country do you live in now? What country are you born in?
Born in Brittany (France), currently living in Paris (France)

4. What cultural background are you?

French/Celtic/Ashkenazic
I'm the typical offspring of a french intellectual bourgeois family.

5. What religion are you? What religion is your family?
I am a firm atheist.
My father is a strong atheist, my mother is slightly jewish (progressive)

6. What career are you in or looking to be in? What are you doing right now to help you achieve this career goal?
Well, I work as a part time university teacher in landscape theory, as a researcher and as a consultant in urbanism contests. I especially enjoy the avant-garde trends in my domain, projects that both require new Ideas and lot of technical knowledges (whether in botany, in advanced construction materials and engineering... et caetera...).
For instance, I was a member of the team who worked to conceive a few vertical gardens. If you want to know what this is, check the site of Patrick Blanc, the mastermind behind this revolutionary idea.
-> VERTICAL GARDEN by PATRICK BLANC - MUR VEGETAL - GREEN WALL - LIVING WALL

Well, I'll hope someday I'll be able to lead my own small landscape architecture agency, but so far, working with clever/inspirational people has been quite rewarding.

7. What is your friendships like with both genders? How many good friends do you have and why are you friends with these people?
I consider myself a very social person, and hence, I have lot of friends either men or women, I make no discrimination. I especially have a lot of gay or lesbian friends (even if I'm straight myself), but this is normal within the landscape architecture/french artistic milieu...
Speaking about numbers... mmm... I'd say I have something like a dozen people I would really trust no matter what happens. Maybe a bit more? :unsure:

I usually connect quickly and deeply with people (too quickly sometimes). I particularly enjoy the company of creative, brilliant people, and often work as a catalyst to inspire them, to bring the best out of them. I've recently noticed most of my working/creative companions are either INFP, ISFP and/or INFJ. We often bind into very efficient pairs... :hi:

My best friend since childhood, however, is a classic INTJ.

8. What paranoias do you have?
I am a chronically happy person, I do not have paranoias, I think... :unsure:

Of course, I think of death, sometimes, but who doesn't?
I have survived many failures, so far.

Oh yes... I remember now: I have an acute fear of needles! :eek:

9. What are your vices?
Mmmm... lots!
I can be very manipulative, quite Machiavellian, sometimes, but I'd prefer to say I'm simply diplomatic. I have a tendency to consider people as pieces in my own sophisticated game, even if I genuinely want to help them. I love to argue, and to trick feelers up to their inner contradictions.
I am awfully lazy and disorganized, chaotic. This is why I require somebody to work with, or else, I have the global efficiency of a blob of jello. I said I inspire people, but people inspire me in return.

I can drink a lot (especially wine), but I'm very rarely drunk.
The guy who will be able to outdrink me is probably not born yet...

10. What are your fears?
Failing my commitments, or not being able to follow a deadline.

I'm also wondering if I ever will be able to find a stable, secure relationship with a woman. I have a tendency to fall in love with the shyest women, those who are impossible to reach.
And because it never works, I often end up in casual sex-only relationships just to spent the time... :sad:

I greatly enjoy kids, but I'm wondering if I will ever have some.

11. What is your relationship like with your parents? siblings (if you had any)?
  • My mother is a very cold, neurotic, paranoid, and unemotional person, who never even allowed us to touch her (ISTJ). Let's say my relationship with her has always been very uneasy. She never respected my private space, and has a special gift to drive ordinary people insane.
  • On the other hand, my father has always been very warm and caring (ENFJ today, but maybe ENTJ when he was young?), someone who enjoyed to kiss or hug his childrens. He's a quite known french intellectual, a fascinating person, and being his son has not always been an easy task (intellectuals have HUGE egos). I don't understand why he married my mother, they had continual, violent daily fights, and they divorced a few years later.
    He doesn't tolerate well the fact I'm always late to appointments, but somehow, we have a very good relationship, mostly because we can have incredible, deep conversations and debates. I owe him my passion for knowledge, art, and even more...
  • My older brother (ISFJ) is maybe the person I would trust the most in the world, if ever my life was at stake. He's loyal, reliable beyond belief, even if we're quite opposites. However, he doesn't get along very well with our father. They have political quarrels (my brother can be very stubborn sometimes), and sadly, my father doesn't consider him as a "true intellectual", at least according to his highly elitist views. I don't know how I could reconciliate them...
  • My very young half-sister is a charming blond little girl, who can be very fiendish with her parents sometimes. She's in awe with me, she always claims I'm the person she loves the most (much to my step-mother dismay and jealousy), the one who could defend her or appease her whenever she needs it. She's right, I could give my life for her.
  • My family is quite large, and there are many people among it who had a tremendous effect on my own life. My oldest aunt (INTP), for instance, is also someone fascinating, a very complex being, probably even smarter and more knowledgeable than my father. She is very cerebral, hyper-rational and hyper-manipulative but when she's under stress, she can behave very randomly (and very aggressively too).
    Nonetheless, I owe her a lot too, for instance the hundreds of books she gave me (mostly about philosophy). It was her who introduced Sartre and an Foucault to my father.

12. How are you with expressing emotion in public?
I do not mind to express my emotions in public. When I was a teen, I always wanted to be in control with my emotional side (with odd outcomes), but now, I feel at ease with it, I feel more at peace.
I can laugh, but also display genuine affection, hug or kiss someone (even male friends) and feel no shame. Every day I do it anyway. The french crowd will not judge you, my country is great for that. :smooch:
I can cry in public too, but since I'm chronically happy, this rarely happens. But when I'm overwhelmed by a sad emotion, I do not try to repress it.
I'm never violent, and I feel much more compassionate and sentimental than in the past.

I'm not an hyperactive, excessive extrovert, rather a quiet one, but I don't mind acting silly or playing the court jester from time to time. And when I say silly, I REALLY mean it.
Unlike a lot of xNTPs, I'm always very polite and usually quite diplomatic/empathic.

13. How do you think people saw you in high school? How do you think people see you now?
  • Before my 17th birthday, I'd say a was a very arrogant teen full of myself, a clever manipulator, a skilled puppeteer who lied and cheated all the time. I was very bright, very unique, and since I was very aware of that, I liked to impress people with my intelligence and my caustic wit. My teachers were often disconcerted with my behaviour: they often said they never met any student like me in their whole career, both for good and bad.
    I never was selfish though, but indeed very egocentric.
  • After my 17th birthday, I quickly matured, thanks to many tragic events around me who allowed me to realize I was not the only one on earth.
    I gradually stopped lying, I became quieter, I learned how to allow my emotions to go free, and my own writing style drastically changed. I became more social, more tolerant, and less aggressive. I never was "popular", but I had my fans.
  • Now... Well, I feel more at peace with myself, even if nothing is perfect (and never will be). As I already said, today I relate more with NF types, while when I was a teen, I would have been a nightmare for most of them.
    Many former "enemies" became my best friends ever, it's rather curious to notice this trend. :shocking:
    When I think about it, I find my past arrogance quite ridiculous, but even today, I can't pretend I've gotten rid of all my former flaws.

14. What do you see as the point to your life and life in general?
Has life a point? :huh:
Anyway, I'd say we're here to enjoy life as much as possible, its various gifts, to be creative, ecstatic about the beauty this world has to offer.

For me, being a better man simultaneously means understanding the mysteries of this universe as much as possible and sharing them with others.
Improving the quality of life around you is essential, both for you and others. I try to do it with my own creations. A successful life also means being aware how much relationships with our fellow men are important.

Life is both wonderful and tragic, it contains both despair and exhilaration; you should never lose hope, even when you are about to die. Life has no real meaning, but it's marvelous to be alive.
And life is very short, and very fragile.
It makes it even more valuable.

Last edited:

suzyk

MBTI Type
INTP
INTP, but I also suspect a little INTJ thrown in there.
Female.
Canada, India.
Asian/Indian (South Asian)
I don't have a religion; my parents are Hindu's.
6. What career are you in or looking to be in? What are you doing right now to help you achieve this career goal?
I want to be a psychologist/writer. I want to achieve some sort of fame. I'm going to take a philosophy and psychology course in Grade 11.
7. What is your friendships like with both genders? How many good friends do you have and why are you friends with these people?
I have no friends.
Of insects, elevators and heights.
9. What are your vices?
Err... drinking too much coke.
10. What are your fears?
Certain cryptids, dying a painful death.
11. What is your relationship like with your parents? siblings (if you had any)?
We're all good.
It's easy if I'm with people I know very well.
13. How do you think people saw you in high school? How do you think people see you now?
How should I know, I'm still in high school.
And finally....
Nada. I'm just a human being, hoping to be recognized in some way, in the near future.

sriv

MBTI Type
JIxT
INTJ without doubt.
Male.
USA. India.
Indian.
I am a skeptic, but my parents are Hindu's.
I am looking to being a doctor. I am taking every advanced science course my high school has to offer.
Best friend male ENFP because we complete each other. Three good friends, I only typed one, he is INTP and I am friends with him because we always speak the same language
Losing control. Mainly self.
9. What are your vices?
Procrastination.
10. What are your fears?
Same as my paranoias. Fear itself, and most other emotions.
With my ENTP brother, perfect. There is a lack of communication between my parents and me, but it's ok.
I do not. Sometimes I fake it.
I am still in high school. People probably see me with respect of my self-composure and disdain because I am an INTJ. Being an INTJ, I carry an invisible, yet legible board on my chest that apparently says "I don't like you".
And finally....
The point of life is life itself.

Taberculosis

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Backgound
1. What is your personality type? IxTJ I have a low N score on some tests and a low S score on others....

2. Are you male or female? Female

3. What country do you live in now? What country are you born in? US of A

4. What cultural background are you? Midwest whitey

5. What religion are you? What religion is your family? I'm an Atheist. My fam is Methodist

Questions
6. What career are you in or looking to be in? What are you doing right now to help you achieve this career goal? I am a slave to the University of Cincinnati. I am going to go to Grad School for Neuroscience. it has yet to be determined what I will do though.

7. What is your friendships like with both genders? How many good friends do you have and why are you friends with these people? I communicate easier with guys. They are more approachable. I have 3 really good friends. My boyfriend and two BFFs. They all make me chuckle.

8. What paranoias do you have? None?

9. What are your vices? I bite my nails. I'm a consumer whore.

10. What are your fears? Dying. Bugs.

11. What is your relationship like with your parents? siblings (if you had any)? My mom and I are not close. My father and I are iffy. (Long story) My sister and I are not close. And I have not seen my half brother since his wedding 7 years ago. And yes. I am angry about that.

12. How are you with expressing emotion in public? Depends on the "public"

13. How do you think people saw you in high school? How do you think people see you now? I was so unpopular I was nothing. I did not fit in with preps, nerds, punks, goths, jocks or the burnouts. However, I did associate with the burnouts towards the end of high school so people probably think I am still a cokehead.

And finally....
14. What do you see as the point to your life and life in general? Try to be as happy as possible and not piss anyone off. No one know what happens when you die so try to enjoy it the best you can.

skil

MBTI Type
InTP
Backgound
INTP

Introverted (I) 62.86% Extroverted (E) 37.14%
Intuitive (N) 68% Sensing (S) 32%
Thinking (T) 73.53% Feeling (F) 26.47%
Perceiving (P) 82.14% Judging (J) 17.86%

Male, 18 yrs old
South Africa, born in California
Catholic/Agnostic from paternal/maternal grandparents, respectively
Agnostic for me, a bit of Hinduism and Buddhism from parents.

Questions
Preferably aerospace. Studying Electro-Mechanical Engineering at University of Cape Town
Maybe 5 or 6 people that I would really trust, but I have 30+ good friends who I just don't have time to see often enough. Male/female about 50/50 of both close and extended friends.
Waking up one day and not being able to think clearly. My life runs around figuring stuff out as I go along, perhaps I have become over-dependent on my high IQ.
9. What are your vices?
procrastination
working late into the night
10. What are your fears?
see 8.
All well, if a bit distant with my mom and sister, although this is my own choice.
Happiness and laughter come naturally, I'm always cracking jokes and laughing at others'. However I don't express sadness and anger very well... sometime people will think I'm purposefully ignoring them when in fact I'm just deeply involved with something else at that moment.
Very introverted, not many friends, never quite fit in. Now that I'm out of the constraints of school I've got too many friends to spend time with, I hated the whole 'get punished if you don't follow the schedule' routine at school. I've always been very laid back, yet able to complete assignments on time etc. Once out of school I had more than enough time on my own and I actually started enjoying other peoples' company, whereas before I was forced to be with other people the whole time and when I got the chance I just wanted to be alone.
And finally....
Pursuit of truth, gaining knowledge, perhaps improving the quality of lives of others without causing excessive detriment to yourself.

colmena

señor member
MBTI Type
INXP
Backgound
1. What is your personality type? INTP
2. Are you male or female? Male
3. What country do you live in now? What country are you born in? England. England
4. What cultural background are you? Lower middle-class
5. What religion are you? What religion is your family? One day pandeism, the next pantheism. Parents - agnostic.

Questions
6. What career are you in or looking to be in? What are you doing right now to help you achieve this career goal? I want to be a monk. I'm in contact with an organisation in the hope to get care worker experience.
7. What is your friendships like with both genders? How many good friends do you have and why are you friends with these people? I have one close male friend and that is all. I am distrustful of women. I am friends with my close friend because we have a lot in common. I respect his ideas and values.
8. What paranoias do you have? Distrust. That others dislike me.
9. What are your vices? Procrastination. Avoidable stupidity. Inability to enjoy others' company.
10. What are your fears? Life.
11. What is your relationship like with your parents? siblings (if you had any)? I respect and am envious of my brother. I dislike my parents. I bite the hand that feeds me.
12. How are you with expressing emotion in public? I do not.
13. How do you think people saw you in high school? How do you think people see you now? Quiet but interesting/funny, lazy. Now: reclusive, pious, lazy.
And finally....
14. What do you see as the point to your life and life in general? To not be a detriment to society, to get my passion/emotional connection back. To be happy without harming others.To acquire compassion/love/self-respect

--------

Ishida

MBTI Type
INTJ
1. What is your personality type? INTJ
2. Are you male or female? Male
3. What country do you live in now? What country are you born in? Both USA
4. What cultural background are you? American -White
5. What religion are you? Christian (Protestant)
What religion is your family? Apathetic agnostics and non practicing Christians.

Questions
6. What career are you in or looking to be in? Ministry, possibly overseas missionary.
What are you doing right now to help you achieve this career goal? Going to college, hoping to go to seminary.
7. What is your friendships like with both genders? I get along better with women, so I tend to talk more with them. With guys, I keep silent unless the conversation interests me.
How many good friends do you have and why are you friends with these people? I'd say outside of the family around my age, 2-4.
8. What paranoias do you have? That if I get within 10 feet of a young girl, she'll say I'm trying to do something to her. I literally cross the street..
9. What are your vices? Junk Food, Procrastination.
10. What are your fears? Spiders, Bees.
11. What is your relationship like with your parents? We get along, just don't talk much.
siblings (if you had any)? I don't hate any of them.
12. How are you with expressing emotion in public? People tend to think I do not have emotions. Unless it's martial arts, I probably won't show any enthusiasm.
13. How do you think people saw you in high school? ..School skipper, but intelligent.
How do you think people see you now? Strong silent type.
And finally....
14. What do you see as the point to your life and life in general? To serve God and others. (2 greatest commandments)

quaeresne

MBTI Type
INTJ
Background

1. What is your personality type? INTJ.
2. Are you male or female? Female.
3. What country do you live in now? What country are you born in? US. Still in the US.
4. What cultural background are you? My heritage is English/ Irish and German.
5. What religion are you? What religion is your family? I'm agnostic. Some members of my family are non-denominational Christians, one is a Lutheran, others are agnostics.

Questions
6. What career are you in or looking to be in? What are you doing right now to help you achieve this career goal? Linguistics or law. I'm studying linguistics at university currently.
7. What is your friendships like with both genders? How many good friends do you have and why are you friends with these people? I get along with both genders. The majority of my acquaintances seem to be male, for some reason. I have about 1-2 good friends. I am friends with them because of common perspective/interest/taste/ideas and emotional connection.
8. What paranoias do you have? I don't have any.
9. What are your vices? I can be very withdrawn, irritable, a little cold with some people, detached, I seem too serious sometimes. I'm pretty good at overcoming these problems when it's needed though.
10. What are your fears? I can't think of any right now.
11. What is your relationship like with your parents? siblings (if you had any)? Fairly good. We have a great deal of trust between us, but they don't always understand my problems, which is okay. My siblings I usually get along with quite well, especially my brother.
12. How are you with expressing emotion in public? I don't express negative emotion in public. Things like laughing I'm fine with. Anything beyond that doesn't get out.
13. How do you think people saw you in high school? How do you think people see you now? I was homeschooled for my secondary education, so this question is n/a. People now tend to see me as busy/driven/calm/serious/helpful/diligent.
And finally....
14. What do you see as the point to your life and life in general? Gaining knowledge, improving and experiencing the world, finding wisdom and happiness.

dnivera

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
Hello, I'm new

Backgound
1. What is your personality type? ISTJ (enneagram 5w6); I generally score roughly 50% N/ 50%S
2. Are you male or female? F
3. What country do you live in now? What country are you born in? US/US
4. What cultural background are you? upper-middle-class Asian-American (Taiwanese/Chinese background), born/raised in New York City
5. What religion are you? What religion is your family? raised Catholic but now nonpracticing; also had lots of Buddhist and Taoist influences while growing up; currently just "spiritual" or "pantheist"

Questions
6. What career are you in or looking to be in? What are you doing right now to help you achieve this career goal? Doctoral student in Biological Anthropology (I study primate and human anatomy)
7. What is your friendships like with both genders? How many good friends do you have and why are you friends with these people? Currently have many more close female friends than male (I find it harder to approach them at my age), but have had equally close male friends and relationships in the past.
8. What paranoias do you have? lots, especially that people might be judging/hating me
9. What are your vices? too much wasting time on the intarwebs
10. What are your fears? being alone or useless
11. What is your relationship like with your parents? siblings (if you had any)? Close
12. How are you with expressing emotion in public? I'm a pretty good empath and listener, and I'm good at expressing anger/fear/joy/sadness with other people about common things (Ex: That test was so hard!), but I have a hard time actually directing my feelings toward other people and telling them that I care about them. I try to tell my female friends I'll miss them, etc, but I still feel really awkward; I'm uncomfortable with approaching people for hugs and sad goodbyes. However, when I'm in an established relationship with my boyfriend I have no problem being affectionate and openly loving and I'm very loyal.
13. How do you think people saw you in high school? How do you think people see you now? Quiet; serious; intellectual; nice; polite; generally traditional; scientist; probably overeducated. Same now. However, I actually have a quirky/silly/crazy/humorous side that few people get to see; one that is very laid-back, relaxed, and un-ISTJ-ish. I wish I could bring out that side of me more.
And finally....
14. What do you see as the point to your life and life in general? The quest for meaning; the pursuit of happiness.

Bear Warp

MBTI Type
epyT
Backgound
INTP
Male
USA/USA
Irish and Czech
Lazy Agnostic/Lazy Christian, quiet Atheistic or Agnostic, one devout Catholic.
Questions
Writing (print journalism, technical writing, freelance, etc). I'll be attending college beginning in September, majoring in English/Communications, concentrating in writing.
Pretty neutral either way. I have little problem talking with either gender about anything, but a pat on the back will set me on edge. I hate to be touched. I'd say that I have 8 good friends (plenty of acquaintances, though). I'm friends with these people because they have good brains in their heads and we share interests, or I've known them for many years.
Being touched, germs.
9. What are your vices?
Coffee, over-analyzing simple things.
10. What are your fears?
Odd fish, my being present at a chance occurrence of violence, losing control over my mind.
My parents are basically friends that let me stay in their house. I've never gotten close to them; I never felt I had to. Can't recall ANY physical contact as far back as my memory goes. They let me be as a child, read to me when I asked (until I could do that myself), bought me many Lego sets, the occasional video game.
I have no problem with laughing loudly in public, if that counts.
High school...Weird. Definitely weird. But not in a scary way, more in an interesting way. I guess eccentric would be a better word. People didn't get my habits. Thought I didn't have control over myself, that I was unintentionally strange, which was false. I'm was and am a deliberate person. Nowadays...Quiet, direct, funny, hard to approach but easy to talk to (unless they say something stupid; I have a nagging habit of correcting others and myself during conversation), difficult to let go (which is depressingly easy for me...).
And finally....
Finding what makes me happy, what I enjoy, and holding onto it. You never know when you can die, so enjoy the moment (cheesy yes, but true, in my opinion). Live and let live. Read my signature.

Last edited:

Royal Xavier

MBTI Type
INXP
Backgound
INTP, I think.
Male.
I was born in and have always lived in the US.
I'm part French, German, English, Scottish, Welsh, Irish, Native American and Spanish.
I'm Protestant, but I'm not very religious. I have some Catholic and Jewish relatives.

Questions
6. What career are you in or looking to be in? What are you doing right now
to help you achieve this career goal?
I have several interests including writing, film, and computers; currently my main interest is psychology, which I've been studying online and in books.
My friends are students at the school my mom works at.
I'm overly worried about germs.
9. What are your vices?
I put off making decisions; I like to think about doing things, but I don't actually do them.
10. What are your fears?
Bumblebees, germs, sunlight, clowns.
Not a bad relationship with my parents...I don't talk much to my syblings.
Terrible.
Don't know, maybe as "that quiet kid with the messy hair."
And finally....
The meaning of life? I don't know, maybe to make it through each day without letting stupid things happen to you.

MBTI Type
ENTP
Backgound
ENTP... however, a close call on the T/F axis, invariably favoring T

Male

U.S.A. all the way

Multi-cultural

Perennial Philosopy (both)... read that how you will.

Questions
Writer. I write, I read and learn about as much as I can in as many fields as possible. I believe that to do literary fiction the way I want to I'll need to have "college minor"-level knowledge in at least ten different fields... I'm more than good with music, philosophy, literature, linguistics... now focusing on anthropology, neuroscience, physics, political science and mathematics... so in other words, I write and I study.

7. What are your friendships like with both genders? How many good friends do you have and why are you friends with these people?
I generally manage to do very well with people of both genders (Platonically speaking). I consider myself to have four best friends, a coterie of about ten additional good friends, and maybe fifty on-and-off buddies. Why am I friends with the good/best friends? Because they (a) have genuinely exhibited an agenda-less caring towards me and (b) lead interesting and active lives which enrich my own.

That the universe is conspiring against my achieving the fulfillment of my various ambitions. That I will lose my six-pack. That I will be slowly and painfully devoured by a sea-monster. That my penis will fall off on the very day that I finally manage to bed Jennifer Connelly.

9. What are your vices?
Lots and lots of drugs.

10. What are your fears?
I'd rather not go into the subtle distinctions between paranoias and fears... generally I don't have many fears... there's pretty much a general fear/paranoia that I won't succeed at what I set out to do... that's it... I know everything else'll be good and it'll probably be my distant descendants who have to move underground to avoid unfiltered U/V rays.

Have a fiery, emotional, and very understanding relationship with my mother. Love my father as much as I love my mother, but we're more chilled out around one another and generally don't need to talk as much, which for us means we're not quite as well-connected as my mom and I are. My brother and I have a fantastically good relationship. He's almost a decade older than me and is almost like a second father. Is that weird? He had to take care of me before my dad quit drinking nine years ago.

It's all too easy for me to express myself in public. I'm a natural-born exhibitionist.

I KNOW how people saw me in high school (I've been told all too often, by students and by teachers)... I was considered one of the brightest, one of the looniest, a guy with very few inhibitions... the guy who needed to get himself under control... the friendly and gregarious and garrulous one... the one who tried way too hard to get girls and thereby lost himself a fair amount of play in the process... in spite of all of this I was fairly popular with most people... all the "cool" guys liked me but the "cool" girls tended to stay away. But I generally ghosted between various cliques, preferring the nerds, hippies, etc... for some reason, I was popular amongst jocks (I captained the squash team and was on varsity track) because I was "CRAZY"... would do anything...
NOW? I think they believe I'm still in my rut. I should add a lot of this has to do with drug abuse issues.

And finally....
Giving my life meaning by doing something meaningful... for me, that doesn't end with "raising a family"... I'd prefer to be a lonely, old, embittered but famous thinker than a happy family man who's left no mark on academic, political, and/or social circles internationally. Yes... I am a man of o'erweening ambition.

T

ThatGirl

ENTP

Female

U.S.

Italian Irish

Spiritual Catholic

Questions

Engineering, getting math/science degree

Tom boy in heels I love the guys!

Why do you want to know?????

9. What are your vices?

:party2:

10. What are your fears?

:hug:

:doh:

:blush:

:hi:,:cool:

:peepwall:, and:rofl1:

MBTI Type
ENTP

ENTP

Why do you want to know?????

9. What are your vices?

:party2:

10. What are your fears?

:hug:

:doh:

:blush:

:hi:,:cool:

:peepwall:, and:rofl1:

For an ENTP you're not very talkative.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Backgound
1. What is your personality type? ISFP

2. Are you male or female? male

3. What country do you live in now? What country are you born in? USA

4. What cultural background are you? uhh..European?

5. What religion are you? What religion is your family? Christian..and various, not much family unity in that area

Questions
6. What career are you in or looking to be in? What are you doing right now to help you achieve this career goal? Currently in, office management of quick service restaurant chain, looking to be in radio programming or restaurant ownership...and uhhh...trying to save some money? continuing to keep up with radio and restaurant trends

7. What is your friendships like with both genders? How many good friends do you have and why are you friends with these people?I have a few close friends, and many acquaintances, my best friends are that because we can talk and hang out and have fun

8. What paranoias do you have? Many times I think the events in life, especially sports events, are determined by my actions

9. What are your vices? Women! ;) Lust, greed, covetousness (had to use spellcheck on that one!

10. What are your fears? I won't do a good enough job guiding my son and he will end up making horrible choices

11. What is your relationship like with your parents? siblings (if you had any)? I haven't had a relationship with my dad in several years, my mom and I are pretty close, we clash plenty (mostly because she's a hard-core J and I'm a hard-core P) but we can talk about many things and spend good time together. I have two brothers, one younger, one older, I share similar sense of humor to my younger brother, we hang out well together most of the time because of that, even if our philosophies are way different. My older brother is usually pleasant but has always been a mystery to me, I admire many things about him, but we're definitely very different in a lot of ways.

12. How are you with expressing emotion in public? I do it way too much probably!

13. How do you think people saw you in high school? How do you think people see you now? Most people didn't seem to see me at all in high school! I really related to that ISFP description I read that called us the "most invisible of the types" and I think I saw "most misunderstood" too. A lot of people saw me in totally different ways, and teachers could never figure me out. I'm better at expressing myself now, so those who care to get to know me at all tend to see me as a calming influence who is funny and yet has strong values and isn't afraid to stand up for them.

And finally....

14. What do you see as the point to your life and life in general? Be excellent to each other. :D:headphne:

Aerithria

Senior Thread Terminator
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Backgound
1. What is your personality type? - INTJ
2. Are you male or female? - Female
3. What country do you live in now? What country are you born in? - Canada, for both
4. What cultural background are you? - European mixture
5. What religion are you? What religion is your family? - Atheist, with Christian family

Questions
6. What career are you in or looking to be in? What are you doing right now to help you achieve this career goal? - Criminal psychology or mathematician. And reading, mostly.
7. What is your friendships like with both genders? How many good friends do you have and why are you friends with these people? - I get along better with men than with women it seems. I have few good friends, though I'm friends with them due to common interests and trust.
8. What paranoias do you have? - Mostly about the weather, because the other factors can be controlled.
9. What are your vices? - Chocolate milk.
10. What are your fears? - Hard to express in words, really. When I understand them, I'll update.
11. What is your relationship like with your parents? siblings (if you had any)? - My parents and I get along, though I don't feel comfortable enough with them to fully trust them. My siblings and I get along for the most part.
12. How are you with expressing emotion in public? - Normally, I don't.
13. How do you think people saw you in high school? How do you think people see you now? - I'm the nerd with an odd thinking style. Top of my class in a lot of things. Yeah, they pretty much hate me.
And finally....
14. What do you see as the point to your life and life in general? - For society, I believe that we exist because we have enough idiocy to believe that we can conquer nature. In general, I believe we are here for the same reason that all other life exists, which is to live out a biological duty. I don't see how we're special just because we've claimed ourselves as the most advanced species on the earth, nor am I arrogant enough to claim a firm stance in the matter. In terms of purpose, or meaning, I remain agnostic. For myself, personally, the point to my life is understanding. Once I understand, then nothing can hold power over me. Plus the things that need understanding the most happen to coincide with my interests.

Akari

MBTI Type
ISTJ
1. What is your personality type? ISTJ
3. What country do you live in now? What country are you born in? Canada, India (ugh)
4. What cultural background are you? Asian
5. What religion are you? What religion is your family? I'm agnostic; parents are Hindu; brother is atheist (not)

Questions
6. What career are you in or looking to be in? What are you doing right now to help you achieve this career goal? I want to be a psychologist or designer of some sort. I'm going to take psychology in eleventh. That's all I think I'm taking...

7. What is your friendships like with both genders? How many good friends do you have and why are you friends with these people? I don't really have any friends... I'm a loner.

8. What paranoias do you have? Bugs. :0
9. What are your vices? Laziness and procrastination, being too aloof at times and taking on too much responsibility. Oh, and not being able to co-operate with others.
10. What are your fears? Bugs, heights and sometimes elevators.
11. What is your relationship like with your parents? siblings (if you had any)? I love my parents, hate the brother.
12. How are you with expressing emotion in public? Eww, no. Even if it is happiness.
13. How do you think people saw you in high school? How do you think people see you now? People think I'm too quiet (in highschool) and... generally, people think I'm too quiet.
To make my parents proud and defy everyone. I kind of want to be famous. :S

placebo

MBTI Type
INFP
1. What is your personality type? INFP
3. What country do you live in now? What country are you born in? Born, raised, and living in Canada
4. What cultural background are you? Chinese
5. What religion are you? What religion is your family? Baptised Roman Catholic, but I would just call myself a pantheist. My family has no religion that I'm aware of
6. What career are you in or looking to be in? What are you doing right now to help you achieve this career goal? Going into business, not really having any clue as to what I'm doing. University...
7. What is your friendships like with both genders? How many good friends do you have and why are you friends with these people? Good on both sides, but I don't have that many good friends because I'm just not that sociable. Most of them I have just through school and proximity, but the really good friends are there 'cause we just get each other really well, or whatever.
8. What paranoias do you have? Unpreventable/unpredictable accidents/tragedies; people looking through my personal stuffs and judging me
9. What are your vices? Procrastination, living too much in my mind sometimes, no focus
10. What are your fears? People haha, uncontrollable things
11. What is your relationship like with your parents? siblings (if you had any)? Okay, could be better. Communication problems on both sides sometimes, but generally a stable family unit.
12. How are you with expressing emotion in public? If it's positive emotion, yea it's great to be out there. Negative emotion (anger or sadness), I try to hold back (esp if it's sadness, I find it easier to express indignation I think haha). If I'm emotional enough, I'll express it. Depends what kind of public place too though and if I'm comfortable enough in it.
13. How do you think people saw you in high school? How do you think people see you now? Still in high school and well, not a lot of people even know me so it's hard to say. I think the average person would just see me as another quiet girl, kinda smart, whatever, gets good grades. People who know me better, I dunno... might see me in different ways: interesting, artsy, bitchy, smart, dumb, lazy, etc. Of course it differs by who the person is. I think the way I present myself in public is honest enough that people can take an accurate impression of me whether it be vague or more detailed.
14. What do you see as the point to your life and life in general? To live really. To be aware of each moment, strive to be real and good, and I guess I'd also say "the unexamined life is not worth living". Life is about creating your own meaning and being responsible for your own self.

Firelie

Magical
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Backgound

INTJ

Female

USA

Middle-class American on the west coast.

I consider myself agnostic. My family is christian.

Questions

Graphic design, and I'm in school studying it.

I prefer to be friends with men more than women, but it's really hard to be friends with a man without them trying to make it about dating and sex and all that junk. Most of my friends are female, and I'm friends with them mainly because they are entertaining, I guess.

n/a

9. What are your vices?

Junk food

10. What are your fears?

Getting to the end of my life and regretting the way I've lived it.

My parents and I have a very good relationship. My dad treats me like I'm a capable adult, my mom treats me like I'm a friend more than a daughter. I get along with my brother, but he isn't very communicative (he's literally off in his own little world until a holiday comes around or he needs something)

Me expressing emotion in public, or other people? I can count the number of times I've expressed a strong emotion in public on one hand, all of which have involved deaths of people or animals very close to me.

I was kinda one of those people that could drift between different cliques pretty easily, but I mostly hung out with the slightly weirder people, and, by comparison, was viewed as fairly normal if a little quirky. My friends and I didn't really have any sort of hierarchy unless there was a decision to be made, in which case it usually came to me. Nowadays, people probably see me as aloof and quiet. I take a while to warm up to people, but most usually like my biting sarcastic commentary and way of dealing with the world. It takes a while of knowing me, but people usually realize I'm pretty good at whatever I'm doing, too.

Does it have a point? Does it need a point? I prefer to think it's to provide amusement for some bored deity who has become tired of mindless worship. Who really knows, though?