• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Typology Central Members Personality Type Survey

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
So please tell me:
Background
1. What is your personality type? INFP
2. Are you male or female? Male
3. What country do you live in now? What country are you born in? USA forever
4. What cultural background are you? Mostly Eastern European but that hasn’t had much effect on my upbringing.
5. What religion are you? What religion is your family? I’m an Agnostic (I know it’s weird for an NF lol, but it feels right). However, my Dad is Jewish and my Mom is Catholic. Neither one is really that religious.

Questions
6. What career are you in or looking to be in? What are you doing right now to help you achieve this career goal?
Right now, I am looking for the perfect mixture of job satisfaction and financial rewards. I want to end up with a job which earns me a lot of money because I ended up choosing a top private university when I could have just gone to my state school (hell, for a while I was thinking of transferring to state school but an awesome second semester makes me feel that Duke’s the place to be, it’s part of my destiny). I’m right now thinking about law school and am interested in math/econ double major, but I’m not sure if I want to be a lawyer just yet. One of my strongest interests has always been psychology and I have friends who ask me why I’m not just doing that but my parents have a ‘major elitist’ attitude and think that something like Psychology should be a last resort. I’ve always liked Math and Economics too, I’ll just have to see how multivariable calculus and macroeconomics go this semester, lol.
7. What is your friendships like with both genders? How many good friends do you have and why are you friends with these people?
I tend to make an equal amount of friendships with both genders. My only requirements for friendship are if the person is willing to discuss ideas and is a nice person. I tend to ‘pick’ my friends just by being more enthusiastic and talkative with people who interest me. The only difference between male and female relationships is that with females there is that added stress of whether I should date her or not. I have dated friends before, never ended too well though.
8. What paranoias do you have?
One of my main paranoias is that the people I care for don’t care for me the same way I do. Another is that I’m not as smart or creative as I like to think I am.
9. What are your vices?
One of my greatest vices is sloth. I have two midterms and a paper due this week and I am doing this survey instead, for instance. . Another one is the tendency to second-guess myself and to be too passive. I don’t have an aggressive personality, which I feel is impossible for me to do. However, thankfully, when I speak, people listen.
10. What are your fears?
One of my greatest fears is losing the people I care for. I also used to be very claustrophobic but I am getting over it in time. I don’t have too many other fears. One could be getting bad grades in college (bombed a class first semester..) but I feel fairly confident that I can bring it up and I could do the same thing I did in high school- alright grades, beastly SAT, fun four years.. except with LSAT this time. (I hope.. don’t want to get too cocky though).
11. What is your relationship like with your parents? siblings (if you had any)?
I get along well with my parents and older siblings (brother and sister) for sure, and I don’t think that my relationships have deteriorated with any of them since I’ve been to college even though I’ve only seen them for a few weeks since getting to college but the family member I have the best relationship with is my twin sister, especially since we have known each other our whole lives and are always a minute apart.. now five hundred miles apart though most of the time.
12. How are you with expressing emotion in public?
I tend to not like expressing emotion at all. If I do, it will mostly be to show I care about others. However, I always felt uncomfortable talking about my feelings and prefer to listen to others talk about theirs to see I can help. All the INFP descriptions say this type can ‘be reserved about expressing emotion’ though. Interestingly, this was part of what made people doubt my ‘INTP’ personality, since INTP’s desire efficiency while INFP’s desire harmony, so their reactions to other people’s problems would be very different.
13. How do you think people saw you in high school? How do you think people see you now?
And finally....
I think many people saw a more superficial me in high school, since I was considered to be a ‘nerdy type’, I was seen as an uber-logical type. In college, I don’t think I fit into any sort of stereotype. In the long run, I am pretty happy that people see me as more than a nerd. I think it allows for people to be more honest with me. I have become more honest with myself and am more outgoing than I used to be, so I may come off as more ‘extroverted’ but I always had a fairly weak “I” function, but introvert for sure.
14. What do you see as the point to your life and life in general?
We all make a small part of life. I think one of the main points is to find happiness. Life is short but it is important to enjoy it and make sure that others enjoy life all the same.

It’s great to be part of the MBTI forum now.

tramnineteen

MBTI Type
eNxp
Backgound
1. What is your personality type? eNxp

2. Are you male or female?male

3. What country do you live in now? united states

What country are you born in? the same

4. What cultural background are you? i'm a western european mut, me family has been in the US a long time.

5. What religion are you? still working on that one. recently i have been more open to atheism as the answer than ever before. i started out christian and for the most part always was when i was religious.

What religion is your family? very christian (Protestant)

Questions
6. What career are you in or looking to be in? psychology.

What are you doing right now to help you achieve this career goal? undergrad

7. What is your friendships like with both genders? i have both male and female friends there is nothing consistent about my friendships within genders.

How many good friends do you have and why are you friends with these people? But my close friends tend to correlate in personality. My BEST friends are usually also ENTPs as well.

8. What paranoias do you have? I'm not a paranoid person. But I have slowly have gained what I think is a healthy fear of raising children someday.

9. What are your vices? cigarettes, coffee, marijuana, red wine, procrastination, mischief, other drugs from time to time

10. What are your fears? SEE: #8

11. What is your relationship like with your parents? Currently it is good. When I was younger and a more extreme ENTP I got along horribly with my mother who is an ISxJ. It was bad. But it forced me to re-evaluate how I acted and why we argued and I have tempered my personality or at least my behavior. I am similar to my dad and we got along well.

siblings (if you had any)? normal. they are 15 years older than me so it's been like and aunt-nephew relationship.

12. How are you with expressing emotion in public? just fine! :)

13. How do you think people saw you in high school? this depended on who they were.

people i didn't know well probably thought I was cocky and weird. a few people tended to think I was a pouser, I think this was because I had interests and outlooks that didn't fit into any of the high school philosophies/stereotypes.

people who knew me thought I was a little crazy (because of the risk taking, that was very well expressed in high school and before. there were dozens of times I risked my life for connivence, entertainment, or the adrenyln(sp?).) but funny, they liked the crazy stuff i would think and say out loud too. sometimes that they only thought. willing to humiliate myself for fun too. smart.

How do you think people see you now?

again, acquaintances: probably still weird but funny, mellow, rebellious, substance abuser.

close friends: a little less crazy but otherwise similar to before.

And finally....
point of life depends pretty much on your views related to religion. if you are religious then the point of life is spelled out for you.

if you are an atheist then in my opinion there is no "point" to life and we aught to act in a way that over the course of one's life best serves the person or idea that they care about most.

that said. that's a very shifty area for me. to ask me the meaning of life. well the only thing I would let you quote me on is "humans are too dumb to know"

miss kari

MBTI Type
INFJ
Backgound
1. What is your personality type?
INFJ

2. Are you male or female?
Female

3. What country do you live in now?
USA What country are you born in?

4. What cultural background are you?
American, the good old midwest

5. What religion are you?
Agnostic with a buddhist tendency (I've started attending a buddhist meditation center)

What religion is your family?
Ugh, you asked. Jehovah's Witness. I would like to be clear that I am NOT one. And for better or worse, being raised as one has shaped a lot of who I am now (you know subversive, sarcastic, and agnostic. :) )

Questions
6. What career are you in or looking to be in?
The million dollar question.... I wish I knew. I enjoy my career much of the time but I doubt my skills much of the timeWhat are you doing right now to help you achieve this career goal? nothing! :)

7. What is your friendships like with both genders?
I get along well with both men and women. I *don't* get along well with people who are materialistic because I simply don't care about money. In the book 'of human bondage' (one of my favorite books) Maugham wrote "It is not wealth one asks for, but just enough to preserve one's dignity, to work unhampered, to be generous, frank and independent." I couldn't agree more.
How many good friends do you have and why are you friends with these people?
That depends on how you define good friends. Someone I could call up anytime and they'd be willing and happy to talk to me... lets see 9, 4 male and 5 female (I am counting my husband, though). Everyone that I am close to is very compassionate. Two of my close friends are sensing types, the rest are intuition. But all of them are people who care more about being authentic than they care about appearances. It's an ecclectic group and not all of them get along with each other. Sadly

I have this fear that when I'm running on a path that goes though a prairie dog colony, that they are all going to gang up on me at once and attack me. A lot like a scene out of birds. I should add this vision usually happens when I'm running long distances, my mind tends to go to some strange place. My other paranoia is snakes

9. What are your vices?
I love sugar. So very much. Dr. Pepper is the sweet nectar of the gods and I'm trying to not drink it. Is being lazy and procastinating a vice? I think it could be.

10. What are your fears?
snakes, heights, downing, failure, and losing the ability and/or desire to rebuild my life should I need to.

11. What is your relationship like with your parents?
It was awful for years. They are very religious and didn't take it well when I left their religion. We've met somewhere in the middle and now are able to be quite open with each other. I just have to remind them that it's ok for me to have boundaries (how's that for good, therapy speak?)
siblings (if you had any)?
Awh, my sister is 15 months older than I am. She's very different than I am (ISFP) but we have very similar tastes esthetically. She and I are learning to talk more opening (again, religious differences are a huge roadblock - you should have seen the look on her face when she she the buddhist center's schedule on my fridge. Or when she saw my nose ring. Or a lot of my books on evolution. you get the idea). But she's a wonderful woman who I love dearly, I just wish there wasn't such a barrier between us. Growing up, we were inseparable.

Blah, I hate it when I have emotional breakdowns in public (this happened a few weeks ago). As for affection with my husband, a hug or kiss is fine, much more makes me uncomfortable. I don't like to be looked at or the center of attention. And my husband is great at getting attention.

13. How do you think people saw you in high school?
Quiet, bookish, and a bit eccentric
How do you think people see you now?
outgoing, friendly, eccentric, and complex (the last two have been told to me a lot recently). A good friend of mine recently told me 'just when I think I have you figured out, you shock the hell out of me.'
And finally....

And this is the question that keeps me too involved in my head and a bit melancholy. I'm searching religions, I'm searching philosophy, I'm searching. And if I find it, I'll probably start searching for something else. I just know I want to be known more for who I am than a list of accomplishments, if that makes any sense

Thanks all for looking at this and thank you for those of you who answered the questions.

MuraKoji

MBTI Type
LOCK
Enneagram
8w7
Backgound
INFP, 4w5
Female
3. What country do you live in now? What country are you born in?
Indonesia
I don't really know what does it mean
5. What religion are you? What religion is your family?
All Christians
Questions
6. What career are you in or looking to be in? What are you doing right now to help you achieve this career goal?
I don't have any goals
7. What is your friendships like with both genders? How many good friends do you have and why are you friends with these people?
I have 3 best friends, all female and what do I like about them is we have the same hobby: watching anime
I don't have one
9. What are your vices?
Sometimes I like to pick up some of my dried snot, and if I'm bored and there's no computer I don't do anything except for reading books. If I caught a cold, I like sneezing hardly in front of public
10. What are your fears?
scissors, smell of glue and felt-tip markers, heights, and sometimes I have phobia on my own shadow
11. What is your relationship like with your parents? siblings (if you had any)?
Nothing special, really
I'm not afraid showing my emotion in public. I don't care about their thought, all I care is I satisfied because of my "braveness"
13. How do you think people saw you in high school? How do you think people see you now?
Hey, I'm still at Junior High School! But many people think that I look like a poisonous rose who's beautiful but deep down in my heart I'm still a kid at heart, whiny, childish, eccentric, emotional and tend to lose patience
And finally....
Well, to me...Life is really boring, because IMO the time is always rotate slower than I expected. For example, if the real time is only about 3 or 5 minutes then to me it looks like 30 minutes

Maverick

MBTI Type
ENTJ
1. What is your personality type? ENTJ, enneagram 8
2. Are you male or female? M
3. What country do you live in now? What country are you born in? Europe
4. What cultural background are you? European, judeo-christian
5. What religion are you? What religion is your family? Agnostic. Some in my family are atheist, others christian
6. What career are you in or looking to be in? Science now. Going to business soon and in the long run will be an entrepreneur
7. What is your friendships like with both genders? How many good friends do you have and why are you friends with these people? I have 15+ close male friends. I am friends with them because they are genuine and intelligent. I have alot of female acquaintances - female friends fell in love and it was complicated
8. What paranoias do you have? I don't really trust what people say, usually their actions speak more of them
9. What are your vices? wine, sex, restaurants, excessive driving
10. What are your fears? I don't know
11. What is your relationship like with your parents? Fine.
12. How are you with expressing emotion in public? this question is strange
13. How do you think people saw you in high school? How do you think people see you now? friendly and smart in highschool. Now, as someone who is competent.
14. What do you see as the point to your life and life in general? Fulfill your needs as independently as possible, build a family, leave your "mark" on the world all the while letting other people do the same in peace.

Clover

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Background
1. What is your personality type? INFP
2. Are you male or female? Female
3. What country do you live in now? What country are you born in? U.S. of A.
4. What cultural background are you? American
5. What religion are you? What religion is your family? I don't really know about myself, not quite an atheist but not quite agnostic? My family is all over the place, Catholic, Jewish, Mennonite, Atheist, etc. :p

Questions
6. What career are you in or looking to be in? What are you doing right now to help you achieve this career goal? Something involving computers, art, or both, leaning toward animation. I am bumming around college if that counts for anything.
7. What is your friendships like with both genders? How many good friends do you have and why are you friends with these people? Uhm, most of my good friends have gone and left me for other states. But currently I have about three male acquaintances whom I speak to usually daily & a few ladies I see on occasion.
8. What paranoias do you have? Too many, haha...
9. What are your vices? Cigarettes
10. What are your fears? Being alone, the dark, becoming overweight, growing old
11. What is your relationship like with your parents? siblings (if you had any)? I love my mother dearly, out relationship isn't perfect but it is very far from dysfunctional
12. How are you with expressing emotion in public? I dunno, if it happens it happens?
13. How do you think people saw you in high school? How do you think people see you now? I was seen as a quiet, kinda nice, kinda sarcastic, girl with big boobs. LOL. Yeah, I just graduated last year, I haven't really changed all that much. :p
And finally....
14. What do you see as the point to your life and life in general? There isn't one... All I know is that I have to keep living, move outta my mom's house, create something cool, fall in love, get married, & just live an interesting albeit comfortable life. ;p

Electric

MBTI Type
entj
Backgound
entj
the bread winner
US and only the US since
I'm from the far east generally where the red dragon has awoken
an evolutionist here. Born a Buddhist and still respect many core values
Questions
6. What career are you in or looking to be in? What are you doing right now
to help you achieve this career goal?
Seeking out to be a financial manager. Basically I'm studying and connecting full time.
I'm good with both genders. I have few best friends that share a common mutual respect and common history.
none I can think of
9. What are your vices?
I have high expectations of myself that sometimes get projected to others
10. What are your fears?
succumbing to economical slaveship of business and touching catepillars
short story, stormy beginnings and happy endings
I never express Fe. However, I'm pretty good with Fi.
People saw me as a nerd, a rebel without a cause, and a loner in highschool. Now, I think they see me more as an independent revolutionary figure.
o gosh. I have way too much to say here, but I don't want to bore you. Basically, I seek to create the first heaven on earth or improve the standards of a small community to reflect that.

~Aviendha

MBTI Type
ENTP
Backgound
ENTP, 7w8
Female
USA
Midwestern
Christian

Questions
Consulting for the management of hospital information systems. Shortly I will be moving to a consulting/sales role; the sales will be a new experience for me. What are you doing right now to help you achieve this career goal? I'm researching the MBTI types to ascertain how to better implement sales techniques with the various types.

Very good with both. How many good friends do you have and why are you friends with these people? I have many friends though I value the relationships with my best friends the most. I have 2 male best friends; ENTJ and ENTP. I have 3 female best friends; ENFJ, ENFP (sister) and ENTP. My most stimulating friendship is that with the ENTJ; he challenges me relentlessly. The ENTP's think so much like me they tend to just get me into trouble; usually speaking out of turn or cracking a joke at the least appropriate time. The ENFX's are always trying to get me to cuddle with my inner child and admit defeat to the overwhelming power of female emotion and the smell of freshly cut roses.

Paranoia would indicate a loss of control. I can't say that I suffer from this issue. Oh, I hate worms though.

9. What are your vices?
The Internet and self indulgence.

10. What are your fears?
The death of my children before my own.

My father was my mentor and best friend until his death when I was 17. My mother (ENFP) was envious of the relationship I had with my father and became very controlling early on in my life. She's brilliant with relationships and counseling and I owe much of who I am today to her talent and perseverance. She has been more of an adviser to me than a mother, and though she helped to form who I am, I remain somewhat detached from her affections. My sister (ENFP) is charming, fun and beautiful. She tends to take life too personally however, and depends on others to meet her emotional needs.

I can express most emotions required by circumstance. This doesn't mean I take them to heart or truly believe in their necessity however. I have learned that if I remain aloof with my emotions as far as others perceive it, I can't obtain the end goals I've envisioned. Meaning, if I need to be joyous to help a friend feel confident and secure, I will. If I need to feign anger over some horrible injustice, I will. Truth be told I am rather internally detached from emotion unless it is sudden and unexpected. I can express laughter easily and do it often.

13. How do you think people saw you in high school?
I was the girl who could take a hit like one of the boys. I was respected for my sense of humor and irreverence. How do you think people see you now? I've been told I have "presence" and I’m still irreverent.

And finally....
I believe my talent lies in empowering others to achieve a sense of self worth and awareness they hadn't before discovered.

Last edited:

JuilinThiefTaker

MBTI Type
INFJ
Backgound
INFJ

male

USA

100% ethnic Italian...Southern on my dad's side, Sicilian on my Mom's

Non-denominational Christian with lingering Catholic ties, I guess, though I feels it's a bit more complicated than that. The rest of the family is standard Catholic as far as I know.

Questions
Very recently out of college where I double majored in Psychology and Marketing. There's currently a tug of war in me between continuing the business route and getting into advertising or market research, or going the psych route and going into forensic or clinical. Psychology is very much winning right now though. Currently working in advertising sales and hate it very much.

I have friends of both genders, of course, though it's skewed towards more male friends. I'm not sure I could peg it with an exact number, though. I guess I'm friends with them for the standard reasons; similar interests, trust, friendliness, etc. I tend to get along well with most people though, unless I consider you to be "fake" or feel you pick on people in a weaker position than you

That whenever I go out to eat, the kitchen is cooking my meal in and around other meals that contain shellfish. I have an allergy to the stuff...eat a shrimp, my throat closes up and I die. Really, only the lightest of exagerations there.

9. What are your vices?
A general sort of paranoia about things. Not decisive enough. A lack of self esteem. Disecting what people say and do to the degree of minutia... and drawing incorrect conclusions from that even when the evidience is obviously against me.

10. What are your fears?
Dying cold, alone and unloved. Dying due to my shellfish allergy, which would be the wimpiest death ever. Never doing anything worthwhile with my life.

Actually, very good on both accounts. My sister and I were usually at each others' throats until late high school, but very good now.

Not very good at all. If I know and trust you, I'll constantly joke around. If a setting is unfamiliar or I'm uncomfortable in any way, I probably come off as very quiet and bland. Generally uncomfortable with most public displays of affection, too.

Highschool pegged me more into the "geek" caste than anything else, but I flowed well enough between them all. How people see me now as a mixed bag. If I become comfortable with a person and I trust them, I guess they see me as clever and witty in a snarky sort of way. Generally pleasant to be around, and (I loathe saying this, it makes me feel like an ass) a good friend that people can turn to for some sage advice. If you don't know me well...then maybe pleasant to be around, but quiet, bland, maybe a bit aloof

That's a big question. If I'm forced to sum it up, I guess to expirience as much as you can, to gain as much knowledge as you can, and use all of that to really understand people, the universe and work for the greater good

Rajah

Reigning Bologna Princess
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram

INTP

Female

US. US.

? I guess German, English, Polish... Meh.

None. I grew up Catholic, converted to Lutheran, and now am just me. My family seems to have given up on the idea too.

Professor. I'm getting my Ph.D. in media law.

I have very few close friends. We can trust each other completely. Actually, my close friends are female. But I've always gotten along well with guys too. *shrug* Basically, I can form surface relationships, but they rarely transform into a deep friendship.

None really. Occasionally I wonder if people are talking about me. Then I remember I'm boring.

9. What are your vices?

Overindulgence.

10. What are your fears?

Surviving my son.

Excellent relationship with my domineering mother. ;) My father is evil. My sister is 11 years younger than me, so I feel very maternal towards her. She's lovely, if a bit lost.

Depends on the emotion? I have no problem expressing displeasure if someone's pissed me off. I also have no problem being demonstrative with someone I love, but I'm hardly into PDA. I don't know how to answer this...

I think I was hard on myself in high school. I figured people saw me as a loser. I'm sure some did... but I don't think it was as bad as I made it out to be.

People now see me as accomplished, I guess? I don't feel it, but that's what they tell me.

And finally....

To provide for my son; to accumulate information and share it with others; and to support and be open with those I love. :)

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Backgound
1. What is your personality type? - INFJ
2. Are you male or female? - male

USA

4. What cultural background are you? -

Black/Indian Mother + Creole/W.Indian father

My own that is a tacit agreement
My family is a seemingly christian based institution

Questions
What are you doing right now to help you achieve this career goal? -

Singer/Songwriter and Everything I can

My relationships with females to males is like 20 to 2
those 2 are my best friends
the only reasons you are supposed to be friends with someone

8. What paranoias do you have? -

That my honesty will have me a pariah on the streets
although now that i consider the alternative,
it does not sound all that bad

9. What are your vices?

Sugar and flirting

10. What are your fears? -

Depending on someone and doing a 9 to 5 forever
Not being able to be as honest as I want to be,
with at least one person

They try to get in, but to no avail
and i just avoid their insincere or inadequate questioning

12. How are you with expressing emotion in public? -

I am stoic

They say i am really funny and i am in my own world
words from one female i was counseling
that i was the smart guy, know it all
goody two shoes because of it
and now
just the genteel guy that doesn't say anything, that has too much confidence
laconic

the martyr
the confidant
the sage
the catalyst for other's higher self

to become who you are at the highest potential
by eliminating certain tendencies in one's character via trials and tribulations
reveling what one wants and needs
Taking the those basic passions,
and turning them into a beneficial thing for others

Milk_and_Honey

MBTI Type
ENFP

ENFP…and proud of it :D

male_symbol_dan_gerhards_01.jpg

USA, Massachusetts

African-American, whose father is Nigerian

My faith is more spiritual or "values-oriented" than observant, in that my beliefs aren't bound by any one single sect or doctrine. Thanks to the upbringing by my parents, my faith is essentially Christian, but then again, I am utterly averse to dogma, which has perverted and polluted the religious experience as long as history can remember. Personally, I'm not at all comfortable attending a church either -- in fact, I've haven't attended a church in a number of years. It simply comes to a point where preaching becomes politics, charity becomes just another donation scandal, and innocent conversation becomes gossip -- all at the expense of what religion is truly meant to be: a revelation of the soul, not an organization. So at the end of the day, I guess I'm what you might call a "free-lance" Christian.

Boy, would I love to pursue a career in politics -- serving in some high capacity of course. My ideal is to serve the good of the community and the public, stay upbeat and proactive putting my ideas into action, all while remaining true to my ethics and personal beliefs (my fear is that I'll become disillusioned or tainted…god forbid)

As of now, I've attended conferences of all sorts, volunteered for campaigns, interned for officials, maintained contacts from people far and wide, and continue to devour books, blogs, and writings. I'll be turning 18 in October, so I'm blessed to have been able to vote in this year's coming election, which I can confidently say, is the first that I've paid much attention to! (...to the extent it's become addictive, and that's not a figure of speech, its the truth I tell ya :smile: )

I might be too young to answer this question. Of course, when you're in HS, things be can feel very superficial and insincere, so you're never quite sure just who exactly your "friends" are. To be fair, the same could very well be said about life beyond HS. But for the time being, most of my so-called friends are no more than folks who I occasionally chat with at school, but who otherwise, I really don't keep much in touch with...and that's upsetting, cause if there's one thing I crave, it's unbridled affection and meaningful friendship with others. I'm not at all the one to be a loner, but I often feel like one...No need to fret though. Friends come and go, and I can look forward to making many in the years ahead...male and female.

Too many for my own good..if by "paranoias" you mean deep-seethed insecurities. For me, this comes in the shape of fear and regret. The fear of making a mistake (and worrying what people might think of me) and the regret of having made mistakes (and worrying of the consequences that could come of them)

9. What are your vices?

Gluttony, laziness, fear, and (…sometimes...) jealousy

10. What are your fears?

The ultimate fear of mine has been the fear of dying alone, unloved, having accomplished too little, and not having made a difference in the world.

Tumultuous, I regret to say….for reasons that I’d much rather keep to myself

No doubt, emotions will find their way into my writing, without me even realizing it. But how I express them to others, really depends on the situation. When espousing my beliefs, I can easily become emotional (...perhaps too much). When defending my integrity or my loved ones, I can easily become emotional (…perhaps too much). Yet so often, I am led to think that I appear “insincere” or “superficial” when trying to gain the satisfaction of people who probably wouldn’t give a damn about me. Any how, I tend to be more receptive to the emotions of others than to my own – that’s in my nature.

Unfortunately, I’m still in high school, and I’m not enjoying it much. Don't get me wrong, there’s a lot I share in common with my peers; for instance, we all go through the same troubles as teens everyday. But it’s been said that I am unusually different, and I’ve also been told that my mannerisms and sensibilities are unique for my age – when you’re in HS, this can all feel more alienating than it is empowering. But I still command, more or less, a great deal of respect from both my classmates and my teachers, and my teachers especially seem to think I’ll have a promising life ahead of me. God knows how they’ll see me in the next ten or twenty years...that's anyone guess.

And finally....

There is much we all can aspire in our lives. I have much to live for in my own: Country, family, and above all, the chance to do good for myself and others, and to understand and experience as much as you can while you can (edit) That’s not to suggest I always live by these ideals (though I certainly try my best to), but they will always remain close to my heart with every breathe I take.

Journey

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Backgound
1. What is your personality type? INFJ
3. What country do you live in now? What country are you born in? USA
4. What cultural background are you? German/Irish
5. What religion are you? What religion is your family? Christian

Questions
6. What career are you in or looking to be in? What are you doing right now to help you achieve this career goal? I have a master's in Library Science and was a Librarian for 12 years, the last 10 with the VA Medical Center. I am now a homemaker.
7. What is your friendships like with both genders? How many good friends do you have and why are you friends with these people? I have deep friendships that go back to the second grade (I'm 51) and we still are in touch and involved in each others lives. I value most my deepest relationships that I am involved with regularly. These include my husband, ISFJ, two male friends ENFP and INFJ, and three female friends 1 ENFJ and 2 ISTJs. They support my growth and life and I do the same for them.
8. What paranoias do you have? being under the water, though being in a submarine under the water didn't bother me at all
9. What are your vices? food
10. What are your fears? abandonment
11. What is your relationship like with your parents? siblings (if you had any)? parents died 31 years ago, so I hardly remember, mother had Alzheimer's and father was concerned with taking care of her. Sister died a few years ago of breast cancer. She was one of my best friends, an ESFJ. My brother and I are estranged but friendly, he is an ISTP.
12. How are you with expressing emotion in public?I have mellowed with the years
13. How do you think people saw you in high school? How do you think people see you now? sweet, quiet, rather aloof. now a lot friendlier and more talkative
And finally....
14. What do you see as the point to your life and life in general? To glorify God and enjoy Him forever.

Last edited:

Eileen

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6?
Background
1. What is your personality type? INFJ
3. What country do you live in now? What country are you born in? US/US
4. What cultural background are you? Cracker
5. What religion are you? What religion is your family? atheist-leaning-agnostic-leaning devout Christian. My family, about the same. Mom is pretty conservative Christian, but not inflexibly so, and the rest of us are spiritual seekers who don't trust anyone who says they've figured it out.

Questions
6. What career are you in or looking to be in? What are you doing right now to help you achieve this career goal? I am a high school teacher. I have considered being a hospice chaplain of the Episcopal variety, which would involve a masters in divinity or maybe deacon school. I am also considering getting my masters in curriculum development or something else education-related.
7. What is your friendships like with both genders? How many good friends do you have and why are you friends with these people? I tend to be closer friends with women and gay men, but I have a considerable number of straight guy friends as well. I would say that I have about six or seven very close friends and a much wider circle of good friends. I am friends with them because we frequently have similar goals or we enjoy the same kinds of things or have similar values.
8. What paranoias do you have? Falling and heights, and sometimes that I'll fuck up relationships because I'm too intense.
9. What are your vices? TV, internets, fancy chocolates
10. What are your fears? not being enough and falling to my death
11. What is your relationship like with your parents? siblings (if you had any)? My relationship with both of my parents improved as I've become an adult. We are even-keel and happy together now. My brother and sister and I were always pretty close and had very loving relationships. My sister and I are best friends.
12. How are you with expressing emotion in public? I do not tend to do so.
13. How do you think people saw you in high school? How do you think people see you now? Probably as moody, smart but lazy, and "artsy." People would probably say that I am rational and compassionate now, with still a bit of moodiness.
And finally....
14. What do you see as the point to your life and life in general? The point is to do as much good wherever I can.

jnick1972

Backgound
1. What is your personality type? ISTJ
3. What country do you live in now? What country are you born in? USA, USA
4. What cultural background are you? American
5. What religion are you? What religion is your family? I don't practice any religion. Grew up Catholic.

Questions
6. What career are you in or looking to be in? What are you doing right now to help you achieve this career goal? Never had an actual career--stayed home to raise kids instead. I would like to go back to school when they leave the nest. Don't know what classes I want to take yet, though.
Generally distant.

How many good friends do you have and why are you friends with these people? I only consider a few people to be good friends. I think what I like most about my friends is their warmth, humor, and respect for our differences--which I give to them in return.
8. What paranoias do you have? I don't think I have any paranoias.
9. What are your vices? Smoking, fatty foods.
10. What are your fears? Spiders and assorted bugs. The unknown. Losing someone I love.
11. What is your relationship like with your parents? Mother/estranged, father/distant.....siblings (if you had any)? Distant.
12. How are you with expressing emotion in public? I don't.
13. How do you think people saw you in high school? The nerdy, bookish, shy type.

How do you think people see you now? Much the same.
And finally....
14. What do you see as the point to your life and life in general? I don't think life has a "point". I do, however, believe that we can have a purpose. I don't believe in a deeper "meaning" as to why we're here, but I think everyone can have a purpose in their life. I do have a purpose in my life, but I'd rather not go into details here.

nanashi

MBTI Type
INTJ
Backgound
1. What is your personality type? ISTP
2. Are you male or female? female
4. What cultural background are you? hybrid
5. What religion are you? What religion is your family? I believe there

nanashi

MBTI Type
INTJ
Welcome

OOPS. Don't think I posted that correctly.

Background
1. What is your personality type?ISTP
I believe there

nanashi

MBTI Type
INTJ
Don't get annoyed with my incompetence. Is this the right way to post it?

Backgound
1. What is your personality type? ISTP
5. What religion are you? What religion is your family? I believe there

Equis

1. What is your personality type? INTP
2. Are you male or female? F
3. What country do you live in now? What country are you born in? United States
4. What cultural background are you? Middle/working class in a multicultural suburb.
5. What religion are you? What religion is your family? I'm an Atheist. I went to my dad's church (Catholic) until my parents split when I was 8. My mom is an Evangelical Baptist but wasn't very religious while I was growing up.
6. What career are you in or looking to be in? What are you doing right now to help you achieve this career goal? I'm a lab assistant in a hospital and a part-time student. I'm trying to decide exactly what I want to do with my life. I have it narrowed down to researcher, veterinarian and psychologist... (or something similar... :doh:)
7. What is your friendships like with both genders? How many good friends do you have and why are you friends with these people? I generally get along best with males, though friendship is another story. One of two things usually happens, a.) we get along great + I want to be friends + he wants more (or visa versa) = no more friendship, or b.) we get along great + we have a short fling = no more friendship. I do have one close friend that I talk to once a week, but we're currently on a break.
8. What paranoias do you have? That people are talking about me/conspiring to manipulate and control me.
9. What are your vices? Procrastination, the internet, food that's bad for me.
10. What are your fears? I fear that my life will never get better.
11. What is your relationship like with your parents? siblings (if you had any)? I have a great relationship with my mom (despite occasional tension over religion). She seems to bring out the best in me. I haven't talked to my dad in a couple of years. I could call him if I wanted... but it's complicated. I wish I got along better with my brother and sister because I like them a lot, but we're just "acquaintances". I have two other siblings that live with my dad, but I hardly know them.
12. How are you with expressing emotion in public? Hmm, I'm not sure how to answer this one. I'm quite expressive when my mom and I go out. I laugh a lot. Other than that, I'm pretty reserved. I often find it hard to simply smile at someone without feeling awkward.
13. How do you think people saw you in high school? How do you think people see you now? In high school, quiet, weird, awkward but friendly, silly. I liked to joke around. I had a decent amount of friends. Now? Probably quiet, awkward and boring. I'm not as carefree as I used to be.
And finally....
14. What do you see as the point to your life and life in general? The point of my life is to just make the most of it... which sort of contradicts my lifestyle. Though (I suppose) at least I am working at bettering my career.

BlackMita

Background

1. What is your personality type? INTJ

2. Are you male or female? Male

3. What country do you live in now? What country are you born in? Born and still in Canada.

4. What cultural background are you? Mixed; Jamaican father, Caucasian mother.

5. What religion are you? What religion is your family? I’m not religious. Our family attended a Christian church for a while, but we gradually lost interest and stopped coming.

Questions

6. What career are you in or looking to be in? What are you doing right now to help you achieve this career goal? I want to get into classical animation training to do cartooning and storyboard drawing for a living. Now I’m waiting for a reply from the art college(s) I applied to hoping for acceptance. In the mean time I just make a point of drawing more than I usually would.

7. What are your friendships like with both genders? How many good friends do you have and why are you friends with these people? The few good friends I have are all guys. I don’t have any friends that are girls, but I can talk to them without being too awkward - unless I’m doing it on purpose.

8. What paranoias do you have? That people will disapprove of me in some way, and use that as justification for beating the crap out of me; physically or emotionally.

9. What are your vices? Procrastination, forgetfulness, and at times, dogmatic selfishness.

10. What are your fears? Being overwhelmed by a group assault, becoming impaired to the point of losing basic independence (eg: violent car crash leading to permanent wheelchair confinement, losing hands, etc).

11. What is your relationship like with your parents? Siblings (if you had any)? I live with my mom and younger sister. No real hierarchies at home, occasional disputes, but everybody is honest with one another and mostly friendly.

12. How are you with expressing emotion in public? I’ll only emote if I’m being a ham. If I felt strong emotions (all the negative ones, or silly positive ones) I'd keep them to myself.

13. How do you think people saw you in high school? How do you think people see you now? Excluding friends, some might have thought I was simply soft spoken, bright, and aloof. Others may have later thought me mysterious or inconsistent, after seeing me in my more outgoing and impish moods. I can behave in the latter manner more comfortably these days.

14. What do you see as the point to your life and life in general? To keep doing what I want, pursuing my desires, and undoing habits that are detrimental to this purpose.