User Tag List

First 234561454 Last

MBTI
    ISTP

1. What is your personality type?

ISTP. Yes, ISTP. Leave me alone :P

2. Are you male or female?

Male

3. What country do you live in now? What country are you born in?

Canada/Canada

4. What cultural background are you?

If Canada had a culture, I'd be Canadian. I don't identify much with any culture.

5. What religion are you? What religion is your family?

Atheist/Agnostic (both). Family is combination atheist and some form of Christianity, which has faded into a very non-denominational belief in God rather than any form of religion.

6. What career are you in or looking to be in? What are you doing right now to help you achieve this career goal?

No real career. I work as a project coordinator, working on my courses to do... something, who knows what, else.

7. What is your friendships like with both genders? How many good friends do you have and why are you friends with these people?

No female friends really, but a fairly decent circle of male friends. Unfortunately I'm at that age where life differences are taking a toll - married, families, moving away. The price of the big city, I guess. I'm far more big city and far more selfish (no family, etc) than my friends, which results in my life becoming incompatible with theirs.

8. What paranoias do you have?

Nothing really... slight ochlophobia, if that counts. I guess you could say I have a fear of "the man", of being caught (even doing nothing wrong!).

9. What are your vices?

Food. And computers. And games. I love working things out... anything from finance to psychology, I see all of life as a gigantic strategy game... every situation I ever come into needs to be engineered, solved and acted upon. Everything is a problem I need to solve. The vice there is that I can't turn it off!

10. What are your fears?

Of being insecure - money, relationships... everything. I have a huge fear of failure as well, except that it doesn't really hold me back much. Being trapped, for sure. If I see a choice as limiting my options in the future, I pretty much have a panic attack.

11. What is your relationship like with your parents? siblings (if you had any)?

Neutral to positive now, I guess. Nothing really strange there.

12. How are you with expressing emotion in public?

I don't. I wish I could, sometimes, but I just can't.

13. How do you think people saw you in high school? How do you think people see you now?

Nerd in school... maybe outcast. And now... overly shy, probably more on the creepy side. I find that when I get burnt out, I get very very introverted. When I try to break through I come across as being a bit strange. It doesn't help that even in the best of cases, people don't really 'get' me.

I guess I would also be seen as the guy who has the most varied knowledge around - often the shy eccentric smart guy.

14. What do you see as the point to your life and life in general?

To you make you happy dear!

And to survive as long as possible on the hope that death can be cheated.

Oh, and to oppress enough people so that they spend their lives tolling for my enjoyment. (AKA saving and investing until free from slavery).

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    Error. Removed.
    Conformist.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Backgound

ISTP 5w6.

Dangler.

USA! USA!

Western European mutt with a pinch of Native American for flavor. No cultural influence other than bland American blandness.

Atheist, raised baptist. Baptist.

Questions

6. What career are you in or looking to be in? What are you doing right now to help you achieve this career goal?

Slacker. Nothing (social anxiety sucks).

7. What is your friendships like with both genders? How many good friends do you have and why are you friends with these people?
    I have no friends. I hate everyone with the exception of intelligent women.

Just a general wariness of the state and anyone with the authority to fuck up my life.

9. What are your vices?
    Coffee, pr0n, video games, Fark joke cliches.

10. What are your fears?
    Pain, physical harm, death, commitment, confinement, authorities, losing my stuff, arthropods.

11. What is your relationship like with your parents? siblings (if you had any)?
    Meh

I don't.

13. How do you think people saw you in high school? How do you think people see you now?
    I was a high functioning burn out who knew all the answers but didn't do any work because I didn't care which seemed to annoy some people. I was a goof, people thought I was weird but nice since I didn't bullshit anyone or tear people down unless they deserved it.

I'm a nihilist, I intend to live as long as possible and leave a slightly used corpse. We should enjoy and understand life as best we can and be excellent to each other.

Backgound

INTP, 5w6 or 5w4

Male.

USA. India.

Indian

Hindu. Hundu.

Questions

Engineer. Somewhere between an Electrical and Computer Engineering. Currently working in the field working on a M.S.E.E from one of the top ranked Universities in the field.

I don't like making an exclusive list of good-friends. For me friends are people who I have a lot of shared experiences with. I have good friends that I have known through high-school and college and beyond. I am an introvert, but I have more than 10 people I would call friends.

I am paranoid about people trying to control me.

9. What are your vices?
    Pride, information, lustful activities.

10. What are your fears?
    Anything that I think/feel could potentially cause me harm (hieghts especially).

OK. I have good parents, who may have set very high expectations(or rather allowed me to set high expectations for myself). My Dad was away for a significant part of my youth, but I know why he did it.

I am becoming more open. But generally hide the ones I think will limit my opportunities.

I went to a high-school where people's perceptions changed as I changed. I was on the Math Team, JETS, the Computer Club, ran track, and played football. I tried student gov't, future problem solvers, and various other crap too. I was sometimes seen as a slacker, sometimes as a high achiever. It varied with my mood.

I don't know. But I believe everyone has some point to their life. Perhaps I will discover mine.

Accept the past. Live for the present. Look forward to the future.
    Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield

MBTI
    infj

Backgound

INFJ

Female

US, US.

Boring old European mutt.

Atheist, but spiritual.

My mother used to be an angry atheist, and is now a Catholic. My father is an agnostic. My brothers?

Questions

I'm working in a neuroscience laboratory at a university now, in the midst of applying to PhD programs in Ecology (I have the GRE tomorrow morning, wish me luck!)

I went through a phase during high school when I wasn't close friends with many guys. Now my friends are nicely distributed between both genders. I have 2-3 good friends (who I see, or at least talk to very regularly) and several other pretty good friends, who I like to see every couple of weeks. I used to surround myself with extroverts when I was younger, maybe because their constant chatter kept social situations easy for me. Lately, my good friends all are a lot like me, which means the friendships took awhile to blossom, but are now all incredibly rewarding.

That people are silently mocking me, or dislike me.

9. What are your vices?

Also a big coffee drinker. I love the internet (Wikipedia!). Music counts as a vice, because I spend entirely too much money on it. And I'm also -ahem- an occasional smoker.

10. What are your fears?

That I'll lose my intelligence or creativity. That I'll lose my mind. That something bad will happen to my family or friends. That I'll die alone.

After a rough patch when I was a teenager, I consider my mother to be a good friend, although I live 1000 miles away from her. We speak sporadically on the phone (maybe once a month), but when we do, it's like the floodgates have opened. As much as I love her, I think I'll always remain a bit of an enigma to her, and I'll never understand her need for tradition and her conservatism. I'm guessing that she's an ISFJ, because she has always been emotionally needy and really quite exhausting to me.

My father and I are working on establishing a relationship with each other.

I love both of my brothers dearly, and they look up to me as their older sister who will always be there for them. One lives 1000 miles away, and I don't speak to him as often as I'd like. The other recently moved near me, so I think I'll start seeing the little brat more often

I laugh and smile all the time. If there isn't something amusing going on around me, then there's often something interesting going on in my head. Other than that, I'm often very reserved in public.

13. How do you think people saw you in high school?

I was a bookish bad-ass (not really). I was moderately popular, hanging out with the more alternative kids, and also with the academically motivated ones. People tend to be drawn to me (for some strange reason) in academic and work settings, I quickly make friends with many of the people in my classes.

How do you think people see you now?

On first introduction, I think many tend to think I'm a bit aloof, a bit indie. Once they get to know me, they realize that I'm actually quite friendly, goofy, and a complete nerd. So really, it depends on how well the person knows me.

And finally....

I guess I'm still going through the mid-20s life crisis, but I'm beginning to solidify my plans. I don't know if there's any one point to my life. I want to always keep learning new things, I want to help the environment, I want to travel and experience nature, I want to make lasting, meaningful connections with people.

And, not to sound like too much of a biologist, but I think the point to life is simply self-perpetuation.

All right. I guess it's time to get back to studying for that damn test...

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ExTJ

Backgound

Either INTJ or INTP. They both fit pretty well, INTJ fits better when I'm achieving things well, INTP better when I'm not doing so well.

Male

U.S., U.S.

Middle class U.S. Back a couple generations, my mom's side of the family was rural, lower class midwest, my dad's side was upper-middle Northeastern U.S.

Agnostic for me, family has various mixes of protestant types and non-religious.

Questions

I'm currently a chemical engineering student.

I don't really have good friends of either gender. I have hung around some other people, but for some reason I don't seem to really "stick", so don't end up in friendships. I have an easier time with males than females on average.

None that I can think up at the moment (mental block.). I don't like revealing this type of stuff about myself, so would likely leave some of these out anyway.

9. What are your vices?

Procrastination (by far the biggest one.), bits of laziness, over interest in computer games.

10. What are your fears?

See Paranoias.

One brother. I get along fine with my parents and brother nowadays, did not used to.

I prefer not to reveal much.

A smart guy. I think it was seem in a cool way, given how other people interacted. I wasn't really hated or disliked by anyone apparently, so high school was fine.

The enjoy it, find out as much as possible, things like that.

MBTI
    infp
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    fuck

Backgound
    1. What is your personality type? INFP

2. Are you male or female? girly-girl

3. What country do you live in now? US of A
    What country are you born in? Canada

4. What cultural background are you? Northern Irish, French Canadian

5. What religion are you? Evolving
    What religion is your family? That's their problem

Questions
    6. What career are you in or looking to be in? Wannabe troubadour-monastic-mystic slogging at social work day job...
    What are you doing right now to help you achieve this career goal? Putting in my 9-to-5 and paying off grad school student loans for the next 25 years.

7. What is your friendships like with both genders? Ambivalent toward both... historically better with XX, lately close with XY (and all variations thereof... )
    How many good friends do you have and why are you friends with these people? "Good?" As in "lifelong, be there for each other in our direst moments good?" Fewer than I can count on one hand. Why? Because we've proven ourselves to each other.

8. What paranoias do you have? The usual... fascism, global warming, corporatocracy.

9. What are your vices? I don't use that label anymore.

10. What are your fears? See 8.

11. What is your relationship like with your parents? My mother died too early to comment. My father... is no longer a problem.
    siblings (if you had any)? Distant

12. How are you with expressing emotion in public? Appropriate

13. How do you think people saw you in high school? Geek, drama/choir hag
    How do you think people see you now? Geek, drama/choir hag

And finally....
    14. What do you see as the point to your life and life in general? I think that's for you to decide for yourself.
    Last edited by anii; 10-20-2007 at 10:28 AM.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    INFJ

Backgound
    I have been classified as an INTJ, although I am a weak NT. My enneagram is (predominantly) 4w5.
    Male, with feminine tendencies.
    Australia
    British, Indian, Sri Lankan, Irish, French, etc.
    I'm a moderate Catholic. My mother and brother are zealous Catholics. My father comes to church with us, although he was raised as an atheist.

Questions
    Accountancy. Will do a commerce degree.
    My best two friends are male - ESTJ and ESFJ, respectively. Due to messed up social skills, my relationships with females are limited (not necessarily bad, though).
    Of being exploited, superstitions, etc.
    9. What are your vices?
    Good food, music and knowledge. Competence is important,too.
    10. What are your fears?
    Thunderstorms.
    Mother (ISFJ) - I am closest to my mother and speak out all of my problems with her. She is always affirming and supportive, although she can be provocative and hypersensitive when she's in a bad mood. She has smothered me, although I understand why she has, although I really feel bad for essentially being the cause of most of her worries.
    Father (ISTP) - I'm close to my father, although not as close to him as my mother.
    Brother (ISTJ) - Despite us having the same personality type, my brother and I don't get along as well as you'd think. We get along better than most siblings, but still, there are aspects of his personality I dislike. For instance, he's a strong sensate and thinker, whereas I'm not, leading to me getting angry at him. Our relationship has gotten better, though.

Depends. At school, I rarely express emotion, but I am prone to crying hysterically once in a while. At home, I let all of my feelings out.
    I am still in high school.
    And finally....
    You know, I often wonder about that. To live it as best as you can?
    Last edited by DaRick; 12-01-2007 at 12:24 AM.

MBTI
    INTP

INTP, 5w6

Female

Born and live in Australia

Maternal side - Austrian and Scottish. Lots of good English stock from the First Fleet from my father's side of the family.

Everyone in the family was born and raised a catholic.

I work in IT. I enjoy the work that I do and am not looking to change roles.

I have more male friends than female friends - I tend to not understand women very well. I have 3 close male friends; I am friends with them because I enjoy their company and they provide me with lots of intellectual stimulation.

None that come to mind.

9. What are your vices?
    Peanut M&Ms!

10. What are your fears?
    Being without books or pen and paper for too long.

I come from a close family. I speak to my mother daily and to my brother a few times a week.

I am comfortable expressing emotion in public, it just doesn't happen very often.

I think people in high school saw me as a quiet nerd. I think people see me the same way today.

Who knows? That's such a big question and something that I will continue to contemplate.

MBTI
    INFJ

Backgound
    1. What is your personality type? INFJ

2. Are you male or female? Female

3. What country do you live in now? What country are you born in? United States, and United States

4. What cultural background are you? Greek and Indian (Indian as in from India. Hence my avatar)

5. What religion are you? What religion is your family? I'm a Lutheran, but I grew up Greek Orthodox. My mother (ESFJ) was Greek Orthodox, but later became an Episcopalian after the Greek church basically chewed her up and spit her out. My father (ISTP) is half Muslim and half Zoroastrian, but he has never been religious. My younger brother (also ISTP) is agnostic but he likes to go with my mother to church sometimes.

Questions
    6. What career are you in or looking to be in? What are you doing right now to help you achieve this career goal? I would like to become a psychologist. I am currently working for a company that will pay for my graduate school.

7. What is your friendships like with both genders? How many good friends do you have and why are you friends with these people? I have always had both male and female friends, even in those "Boys/girls are gross!" junior high school years. I have a number of good friends, whom I mostly know through church and through a German language club I belong to.

8. What paranoias do you have? That I'll get hit by something that fell off a tall building.

9. What are your vices? Fancy tea and expensive French perfume.

10. What are your fears? Losing a loved one tops the list.

11. What is your relationship like with your parents? siblings (if you had any)? Quite good on all counts.

12. How are you with expressing emotion in public? It always gets ugly.

13. How do you think people saw you in high school? How do you think people see you now? In high school, I was the band geek and the teacher's pet. Now I'm the nice, quiet one who gets suprisingly talkative when something important to her enters the conversation.

And finally....

I wish I knew. I'm still grappling with that one.