User Tag List

First 123451353 Last

MBTI
    INTP

Background
    1. What is your personality type? INTP
    2. Are you male or female? Female
    3. What country do you live in now? What country are you born in? Born and living as a U.S. Citizen
    4. What cultural background are you? Mixed
    5. What religion are you? What religion is your family? Agnostic. My family is Christian.

Questions
    6. What career are you in or looking to be in? What are you doing right now to help you achieve this career goal? Undecided for now. I'm currently in college, still quite unsure about what my major will be.
    7. What is your friendships like with both genders? How many good friends do you have and why are you friends with these people? I have a fairly equal amount of male and female friends. Of my best friends, one is male the other female. It's always been that way, even when I was younger. Though as a child I was far less aware that there were any significant differences between males and females beyond physical features, even feeling detached from my own gender. It's pretty irrelevant to me. Though I did go through a period where I pretty much had exclusively male friends. That's just how the dice rolled for those years.
    8. What paranoias do you have? None really. I grew up in a family of paranoid people. They had an effect on me to a point.
    9. What are your vices? Procrastination, apathy, pride.
    10. What are your fears? Mainly that I'll fall into poor health (deterioration of the mind, loss of autonomy etc).
    11. What is your relationship like with your parents? siblings (if you had any)? I haven't had much of a relationship with my father (ISTP) in the past seven years or so. My parents divorced and he made some poor choices. The circumstances weren't really good for us to maintain a proper relationship anyway. I hold no ill feelings towards him. We had a great relationship while he was around. It might be awkward after so long, but possible to reconstruct some sort of a relationship. I don't relate very well to my mother (ISFP). We're just different people. She wants control (over my life), I want autonomy. She's also never understood why I just couldn't be a nice, kind, dress-wearing, church going girl as expected. My younger brother is autistic.
    12. How are you with expressing emotion in public? I don't like to do it. I have no problem expressing amusement or other such light feelings. But affection, anger, sadness etc. I keep to myself. I come off as indifferent and neutral most of the time.
    13. How do you think people saw you in high school? How do you think people see you now? Not sure, really. Some people thought I was a pretty cool person. Some people thought I was weird. Smart. Clever. Creative. Funny. Or not funny (offensive/annoying). Quiet (High-School mostly). Laid-back. I think it's still the same way now.
    And finally....
    14. What do you see as the point to your life and life in general? To live. That's all. My life has no real point, it's barely a dent in the fabric of time. That's fine by me. I'm just here for the experience.

MBTI
    yupp

Backgound
    1. What is your personality type?
    The type that fits me the best is INFP but not 100% sure
    2. Are you male or female? female
    3. What country do you live in now? What country are you born in? US, Us
    4. What cultural background are you? 50% Russian, Some Percentage Scottish
    5. What religion are you? What religion is your family?Atheist, My mom's Russian Orthodox and my dad's southern Baptist (or use to be he doesn't practice religion)

Questions
    6. What career are you in or looking to be in? I want to do something in film preferably documentaries
    What are you doing right now to help you achieve this career goal?I'm going to a film school
    7. What is your friendships like with both genders? Um I don't have many friends in either gender
    How many good friends do you have and why are you friends with these people? probably about 4, I enjoy their company.
    8. What paranoias do you have? The world plotting against me and me failing and becoming homeless
    9. What are your vices?avoidance, forgetting, running away from the situation
    10. What are your fears? Talking in public, confrontation, and talking to a stranger on the phone
    11. What is your relationship like with your parents? siblings (if you had any)?I get along with parents, I always have, but I'm happier only visiting them a few times a year. Me and my brother are opposite in every way, but we do get along. I think it's because we realize we're opposites that we are able to respect each other. I don't always understand him, and I'm sure he doesn't always understand me.
    12. How are you with expressing emotion in public? Not very good I tend to over express or not at all
    13. How do you think people saw you in high school? How do you think people see you now? Saw my as a lesbian junkie who shot up heroin, I didn't shoot up heroin ( I know this for a fact based on rumours, teachers even thought this). I'm not really sure, probably that creepy bitch who doesn't say much.
    14. What do you see as the point to your life and life in general? I haven't figured out the meaning of my life, but I think life in general is to question the meaning of it all, even the parts that don't have answers.

Thanks all for looking at this and thank you for those of you who answered the questions. Your welcome.

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Backgound
    ENTP, but I can get into many other worlds.
    2. Are you male or female?
    Male.
    3. What country do you live in now? What country are you born in?
    Finland, Finland.
    4. What cultural background are you?
    Born Finnish, Urban, educated, rather well-earning family.
    5. What religion are you? What religion is your family?
    Jehovah's Witness, Jehovah's witness parents, non-religious brothers. I personally emphasize the moderate/intellectual/humanist/pragmatic views of our faith, often seeing the issues from the viewpoint of an agnostic.

Questions
    6. What career are you in or looking to be in? What are you doing right now to help you achieve this career goal?
    I'm looking forward to be a project manager or the head of HR in an IT sector company. I am taking jobs where I can build on my expertise on computer systems and to eventually supervise the work of others, and to continue from there. This is while I finish my studies to become a Master of Science.
    7. What is your friendships like with both genders? How many good friends do you have and why are you friends with these people?
    1 female, 3-5 male. I've been cool with female friends, altho in half of them, either one of us wanted it to be a romantic relationship, usually spoiling the friendship because of conflicting emotions. Some of the relations stayed as friendships also after the romantic feelings were discussed.
    I now have a female friend whom I like because she is mature and considerate in her emotions, and likes to discuss things deeply. She cares for the people near her, and she's often joyful because of the little things in life, even tho she has some quite difficult things going on with her.
    Then a psychologist, a male. He is the one who convinced me that the things in our faith might make sense; the only intellectual, moderate JW I had met in early 1990's. Since then I've found more. He is very well composed, calm, intelligent, responsible, really a profound thinker and considerate, a planner.. with great work ethics, one of the most balanced human beings around. We have enjoyed talking the most difficult issues together, in our faith and in our studies, psychology and computer science - and others, because we both know a great deal in wide variety of topic areas.
    Those are the two I have most to say about, but others who've been, I've mostly appreciated girlfriends by the spontaneous, responsible and attractive lifestyle and the view of life they've enjoyed with me, with something that we can both connect to, with somewhat different views. The guys I've had as friends and that I do now, I'm mostly thinking them as friends on the basis how they view life, their place in it, and their interest in figuring out the things that matter. They are on the same kind of philosophical quest to uncover the meaning of life, either for themselves or for the bigger part. To uncover it, it must be discovered, thought of, expressed, discussed and experienced. Yep it's definetly the more philosophical types, or anyone who has a more developed view in life in some aspect we mutually appreciate.

8. What paranoias do you have?
    That if I let myself to love, I will be taken advantage of.
    9. What are your vices?
    Procrastination, negativity.
    10. What are your fears?
    That I will not be able to recover from my burnout well enough to participate in the life fully. I also fear that my focus on survival and professional goals and my non-belief on love will leave my heart so void that I will be a cranky old loveless man.
    11. What is your relationship like with your parents? siblings (if you had any)?
    Parents, they're ok, I guess they love me. We can talk, I appreciate them somewhat, and I'm most happy they provided me with opportunities for growth, and that I was able to be very independent of them, sometimes to their sadness. I like them, but I'm troubled that they invested in the business I had that didn't work out, and I'm feeling guilt because it.

My older brothers never wanted me in the house and were almost always openly annoyed by having me around, giving the least mental support and the weakest support for good family atmosphere that could have been expected, or sometimes less. I haven't met them in about 8-9 years. They openly hated people and enjoyed about their problems, manipulated, held double standards, were possessive of what they had, abused verbally, etc etc etc. I grew up closer with the neighbour's kids than with my brothers.
    12. How are you with expressing emotion in public?
    I use a lot of tactical eye to judge what display is most effective, usually being inclined to the less emotional side. So then it's strictly business.

When my feelings are involved more than on the surface, I try to judge the situation. If I feel that the persons involved have a developed internal world and healthy level of feelings, I often talk about the feelings with the person, in depth. I still rarely get very emotional myself, even tho I do experience feelings and feel them in others and myself.

From my burnout-times and depression I learned that it isn't conductive to my social wellbeing to express unhealthy bad feelings openly. So I don't go into public to display my worst feelings; I instead handle them myself in a constructive way (or attempt to) or discuss them with few people.

I am not cool with displaying affection to any people in public. Yet I express positive feelings quite easily, not related to any one person so strongly.

I express sorrow and disappointment if I think it leads to good conclusion; if I think I would be ridiculed by show of weakness, I fake it not to care and distance myself from the people.
    13. How do you think people saw you in high school? How do you think people see you now?
    Somewhat nerdish, still fun, eager for adventure and crazy things, sometimes akward. Girls thought of me as something of a gentleman, reserved with them, but courteous. I think I placed partially in both the serious business-orientated gangs and the jokesters. Large part of how people thought of me was based on my talents with computer and math, in a positive way.

Some people see me as a force, and abusive or controlling people see me as unmovable. Manipulative or deceptive people find me as capable and revengeful. Some people find me intimidating. Happy people see me as somewhat of a loner, deep people find me deep, lonely people find me as a companion. Popular people see me as something to be ignored for the most part. Those trying to maintain surface conformity find me a rule-breaker and a provokateur. Introverted people with hearts in place find me approachable and personable.

14. What do you see as the point to your life and life in general?
    It is to combine together the multiple threads, the multiple reasons for "meaning of life" that exist, in the best way. These reasons are:
    -psychology of pleasurable emotions
    -the fact that we live and we can do something with it
    -truth, understanding and the appreciation of it
    -to find out whether something is required of us, what is our moral or practical highest obligation to anything. Given a higher power, and seeing that it's/his/her higher power is morally and practically justified, we should review the terms and conditions of submitting to such power, as to decide whether to accept them, deny, or to ask more.
    It's like saying to life, "hey, I'm Dave, take me to the top executive of the universe." In theory, perhaps the top executive could be god (what god?), evolution, ourselves, democracy, the city council of espoo, or the system could be like a distributed computing network without a central governance.
    I'd place my bet on the god hypothesis, with my research going on as to how his governance is justified and how can his existence be inferred to, and whether the weight of evidence compels to believe this or that way, or whether it can be rightfully viewed as nonconclusive. Any way, I try to do the most responsible things. This I certainly consider an important thing in the life. Meanwhile, I try to invite other people to review the same evidence that I study.
    -if there is no god, it's still useful for people to live. We experience pleasurable emotions and we find things interesting, we even like hatred sometimes. We find more complex societies intriquing, so we should fullfill such needs. Apparently we can combine many wants and desires of many people at the same time, but not others. Some processes show better chance in being the best in certain situations. In my opinion, I should therefore become an expert in life and to find out how it works, to support the pleasurable emotions and to minimize the negative. This must be done in accordance with moral standards, which have themselves been shown to be practically valid. When practical and/or moral reasons do not compel me to choose one thing, but they give several (perhaps uncountable) possibilities, I should choose among the best options according to my personal wishes and what I consider my free will.
    -This process involves unlimited and infinite amount of actions and thoughts, making the base for an unlimited world view. It does not mean that all actions are on the same level; it rather means, that given practical restrictions to the life, we are still left with an infinetly expressible world and possibilities, altho we can point out some possibilities that may not be realized.
    Likes RandomINTP liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Point of order: Wildcat, why did you include my entry in your post?

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Backgound
    1. What is your personality type? ENFP (borderline with ENTP)
    2. Are you male or female? Male
    3. What country do you live in now? What country are you born in? USA
    4. What cultural background are you? Cultural or ethnic? I'm Irish, Scottish, Cherokee, and German.
    5. What religion are you? What religion is your family? I am agnostic. My extended family is mostly Christian (Southern Baptist, Pentecostal, or Catholic).

Questions
    6. What career are you in or looking to be in? What are you doing right now to help you achieve this career goal? I'm a commercial real estate appraiser.
    7. What is your friendships like with both genders? How many good friends do you have and why are you friends with these people? I've had many friends of both genders, over the years. I tend to let friends drift after a while, perhaps because I get bored with them? Or maybe because it becomes too much effort? Probably a little bit of both. I've never put much effort into friendships. They either happen easily, or I don't bother.
    8. What paranoias do you have? None
    9. What are your vices? None/Too lazy to think about this question right now.
    10. What are your fears? Loneliness
    11. What is your relationship like with your parents? My parents often act very immature, so I find myself acting more parent-like, treating them like children. siblings (if you had any)? I have seven siblings, all younger than me. I have a good relationship with most of them. I'm not at odds with any of them. There are couple that I don't speak to very often, for logistical reasons, more than anything else.
    12. How are you with expressing emotion in public? I wish I could be less expressive. You can see what I'm feeling by looking at my face, which makes me easier to read than I would prefer.
    13. How do you think people saw you in high school? Intelligent, arrogant, independent, stubborn, and well-liked How do you think people see you now? I'm much more amiable than I used to be.
    And finally....
    14. What do you see as the point to your life and life in general? I used to spend a lot of time trying to determine a purpose, but I've come to realize that purpose, itself, is meaningless. I suppose you could say my most important goal is to produce effective offspring, but I don't bother digging deeper, anymore. I'm tired/lazy right now, so this probably makes very little sense.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

Enneagram
    1w2

Eesh, I guess I'll jump on the bandwagon.

Backgound
    1. What is your personality type? Mostly ENFJ, sometimes ESFJ, Carping Hell Witch all the time.

2. Are you male or female? Natural DDs

3. What country do you live in now? What country are you born in? USA/USA

4. What cultural background are you? Black, African-American. Am I the only black person on this forum?? We need more than diversity of MBTI types here.

5. What religion are you? What religion is your family? Non-denominational Christian, raised Pentecostal

Questions
    6. What career are you in or looking to be in? What are you doing right now to help you achieve this career goal? I'm a CME program coordinator. I hope to attend graduate school within the next year and half for Education Policy or Public Policy. I'm trying to meet the right people to help me reach this goal because it's not what you know, but who you know. Sounds superficial but it's true.

7. What is your friendships like with both genders? How many good friends do you have and why are you friends with these people? Most of my friends are women. I'd like to have more male friends but I'm uncomfortable making friendships with men because when I've tried they've taken it where I don't want it to go. I'm friends with my friends because I can be silly with them and make all the mean and bitchy comments about people that I have the graciousness not to say out loud. They also check me when I get out of control, which I appreciate. I have about 5-7 friends arranged in a concentric circle of which I'm the nucleus. Not everyone I hang out with is a friend, but I can have a good time or decent conversation with most of the people I meet.

8. What paranoias do you have? I don't trust people.

9. What are your vices? I'm horribly self-indulgent. Rarely do I ever say no to myself and I'm very impulsive. This could get long and I'm already disclosing enough so I'll stop there.

10. What are your fears? That I'll die alone, that I'll be taken advantage of, that I'll go to hell, that something's under my bed or in my closet.

11. What is your relationship like with your parents? siblings (if you had any)? Excellent relationship with my family. My parents were open, told us the truth about the world, didn't hide life from us, and trusted God they were raising us right. I have a very solid family relationship and foundation. Excellent relationship with my siblings, we make each other laugh and I know I can depend on them for anything.

12. How are you with expressing emotion in public? I'm comfortable expressing most of my emotions publicly happiness especially. I believe that sometimes you need to show people tangibly and visibly what you're feeling, but I'm rarely out of control. I have a very good grip on my public emotions. Privately, not so much.

13. How do you think people saw you in high school? How do you think people see you now? Socially, I was of average popularity. I dressed fashionably and that kept a lot of people off my case. I tried harder to fit in in while I was high school, but I only went so far. I was friendly with everyone (students and teachers) although I did make some enemies. I was active in SGA and played softball. Now, I think I'm that person that's cool with mostly everyone. I don't think my social standing has changed all that much.

And finally....
    14. What do you see as the point to your life and life in general? Wow, I'm going to have to think about this. I'm going to keep it simple and say we are to love everyone as ourselves. In addition to that I've always enjoyed this idea: "Each one, reach one." That is much harder than it sounds.

Thanks all for looking at this and thank you for those of you who answered the questions. You're welcome!
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

MBTI
    INTJ

Backgound
    INTJ
    2. Are you male or female?
    Male
    3. What country do you live in now? What country are you born in?
    US / US
    4. What cultural background are you?
    Mixed
    5. What religion are you? What religion is your family?
    Agnostic / Baptist

Questions
    6. What career are you in or looking to be in? What are you doing right now to help you achieve this career goal?
    IT
    7. What is your friendships like with both genders? How many good friends do you have and why are you friends with these people?
    Generally, I don’t have many close friends, and those I do have been friends for a very long time. We are friends because we know each other well and we give each other room to be who we are. We place no demands on one another and don’t have grandiose expectations of our friendship.
    8. What paranoias do you have?
    None that I can think of
    9. What are your vices?
    Eating too much ice cream
    10. What are your fears?
    Not being remembered after I die
    11. What is your relationship like with your parents? siblings (if you had any)?
    Parents; distant and strained. My father is not a likable person and my mother is too subservient to him.
    Siblings; distant. I am the middle child with two sisters. We are separated by many years and so the gender & year gap has resulted in few bonds between us.

12. How are you with expressing emotion in public?
    I don’t express emotion in public.
    13. How do you think people saw you in high school? How do you think people see you now?
    Frankly, I don’t think anyone actually saw me in high school, I was pretty invisible. Now, I think people see me as inscrutable. Generally I am quiet and stay to myself. When the situation requires it, I will step up and do what is necessary to make things happen. I think that people respect me, and think that I'm sharp – but they don’t know how to categorize me, or how to approach me.
    And finally....
    14. What do you see as the point to your life and life in general?
    The point of my life now is to do what I can to make sure that my son is well cared for and will have a good future. As far as the point to life in general…the point of life is to remain alive. It is the imperative of any living organism to prolong it's existence as a living organism as long as possible.

As far as all of the existential, philosophical stuff…I'm with Douglas Adams – 42.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

So please tell me:

Backgound
    1. What is your personality type? INFJ.
    2. Are you male or female? Female.
    3. What country do you live in now? What country are you born in? United States in both cases.
    4. What cultural background are you? Metropolitan/Suburban, Southeastern American. (Yes, I have to be that specific.)
    5. What religion are you? What religion is your family? None...at best somewhere between agnostic and buddhist. Family is Methodist Christians...happily open-minded people.

Questions
    6. What career are you in or looking to be in? What are you doing right now to help you achieve this career goal? Illustrative things...comics, concept art, books. In college refining my abilities.
    7. What is your friendships like with both genders? How many good friends do you have and why are you friends with these people? I actually don't have many male firends, eventhough I enjoy their company. The two close male friends I have are my brother and my boyfriend...and in both cases they aren't just friends. I have a handful of close female friends, though they are decidedly less girly than most females. The three people I live with right now, I'd be ready to call them almost-close friends. Mostly because we all think similarly and come to similar conclusions, but using completely different processes...discussing those processes makes me happy for some reason.
    8. What paranoias do you have? It depends on the situation. I can easily become overaware of all the things that could possibly go wrong.
    9. What are your vices? Video games...and soda. And cookie dough.
    10. What are your fears? Many and varied. The biggest is losing something I love very dearly. (And I don't just mean them dying...I also mean them excommunicating me from their life in some way.)
    11. What is your relationship like with your parents? siblings (if you had any)? Close to my mother, just starting to open up to my father...and I'm practically the weirder, more gullible half of my brother.
    12. How are you with expressing emotion in public? I don't know. I'm not very good at not expressing emotion when something excites/annoys me. Otherwise I've been told I have a "poker face".
    13. How do you think people saw you in high school? How do you think people see you now? Weird, nerdy, really weird. Still weird, nerdy, and really weird, but less angry or depressed.
    And finally....
    14. What do you see as the point to your life and life in general? I don't know. I'm alive because I just am. My purpose is to enjoy what time I have, I guess. I don't expect to make any huge contribution to the world or to anyone I know, but if I can die knowing I did what I wanted to do...that will be enough. I don't know what the point of life is. It just is there...and it won't always be there, so maybe all living things should just try to make the best of the time they have to live.

MBTI
    ESTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Nonpareil View Post

ESTJ
    2. Are you male or female? Male
    3. What country do you live in now? What country are you born in? USA
    4. What cultural background are you? Half-white/half-Japanese
    5. What religion are you? What religion is your family? Christian/Buddhist background. We were never really very religious however

Questions
    6. What career are you in or looking to be in? What are you doing right now to help you achieve this career goal? Management/consulting
    7. What is your friendships like with both genders? How many good friends do you have and why are you friends with these people? I have good relationships with both genders. My female friends however all tend to be very strong ENTPs/ESTJs/ENTJs types who defy gender stereotypes.
    8. What paranoias do you have? Honestly? That a group of idiots out there has access to technology they don't know how to use.
    9. What are your vices? Occasionally I enjoy a little too much red wine.
    10. What are your fears? That I will die before I do everything I've set out to do
    11. What is your relationship like with your parents? siblings (if you had any)? My sister and I get along great. My parents have always been very supportive and probably spoiled us as children.
    12. How are you with expressing emotion in public? Never. I find it tacky to be so exhibitionistic.
    And finally.... In high school- the smart kid who never studied but always did well. Now- guy who was somewhat of a womanizer but settled down with the right girl
    14. What do you see as the point to your life and life in general? There's not just one point but several interstices

Good survey. I enjoyed reading all the other responses.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by htb View Post
    Point of order: Wildcat, why did you include my entry in your post?
    Error. Removed.