MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

So please tell me:
    Background
    1. What is your personality type? INFP
    2. Are you male or female? Male
    3. What country do you live in now? What country are you born in? USA forever
    4. What cultural background are you? Mostly Eastern European but that hasn’t had much effect on my upbringing.
    5. What religion are you? What religion is your family? I’m an Agnostic (I know it’s weird for an NF lol, but it feels right). However, my Dad is Jewish and my Mom is Catholic. Neither one is really that religious.

Questions
    6. What career are you in or looking to be in? What are you doing right now to help you achieve this career goal?
    Right now, I am looking for the perfect mixture of job satisfaction and financial rewards. I want to end up with a job which earns me a lot of money because I ended up choosing a top private university when I could have just gone to my state school (hell, for a while I was thinking of transferring to state school but an awesome second semester makes me feel that Duke’s the place to be, it’s part of my destiny). I’m right now thinking about law school and am interested in math/econ double major, but I’m not sure if I want to be a lawyer just yet. One of my strongest interests has always been psychology and I have friends who ask me why I’m not just doing that but my parents have a ‘major elitist’ attitude and think that something like Psychology should be a last resort. I’ve always liked Math and Economics too, I’ll just have to see how multivariable calculus and macroeconomics go this semester, lol.
    7. What is your friendships like with both genders? How many good friends do you have and why are you friends with these people?
    I tend to make an equal amount of friendships with both genders. My only requirements for friendship are if the person is willing to discuss ideas and is a nice person. I tend to ‘pick’ my friends just by being more enthusiastic and talkative with people who interest me. The only difference between male and female relationships is that with females there is that added stress of whether I should date her or not. I have dated friends before, never ended too well though.
    8. What paranoias do you have?
    One of my main paranoias is that the people I care for don’t care for me the same way I do. Another is that I’m not as smart or creative as I like to think I am.
    9. What are your vices?
    One of my greatest vices is sloth. I have two midterms and a paper due this week and I am doing this survey instead, for instance. . Another one is the tendency to second-guess myself and to be too passive. I don’t have an aggressive personality, which I feel is impossible for me to do. However, thankfully, when I speak, people listen.
    10. What are your fears?
    One of my greatest fears is losing the people I care for. I also used to be very claustrophobic but I am getting over it in time. I don’t have too many other fears. One could be getting bad grades in college (bombed a class first semester..) but I feel fairly confident that I can bring it up and I could do the same thing I did in high school- alright grades, beastly SAT, fun four years.. except with LSAT this time. (I hope.. don’t want to get too cocky though).
    11. What is your relationship like with your parents? siblings (if you had any)?
    I get along well with my parents and older siblings (brother and sister) for sure, and I don’t think that my relationships have deteriorated with any of them since I’ve been to college even though I’ve only seen them for a few weeks since getting to college but the family member I have the best relationship with is my twin sister, especially since we have known each other our whole lives and are always a minute apart.. now five hundred miles apart though most of the time.
    12. How are you with expressing emotion in public?
    I tend to not like expressing emotion at all. If I do, it will mostly be to show I care about others. However, I always felt uncomfortable talking about my feelings and prefer to listen to others talk about theirs to see I can help. All the INFP descriptions say this type can ‘be reserved about expressing emotion’ though. Interestingly, this was part of what made people doubt my ‘INTP’ personality, since INTP’s desire efficiency while INFP’s desire harmony, so their reactions to other people’s problems would be very different.
    13. How do you think people saw you in high school? How do you think people see you now?
    And finally....
    I think many people saw a more superficial me in high school, since I was considered to be a ‘nerdy type’, I was seen as an uber-logical type. In college, I don’t think I fit into any sort of stereotype. In the long run, I am pretty happy that people see me as more than a nerd. I think it allows for people to be more honest with me. I have become more honest with myself and am more outgoing than I used to be, so I may come off as more ‘extroverted’ but I always had a fairly weak “I” function, but introvert for sure.
    14. What do you see as the point to your life and life in general?
    We all make a small part of life. I think one of the main points is to find happiness. Life is short but it is important to enjoy it and make sure that others enjoy life all the same.

It’s great to be part of the MBTI forum now.

MBTI
    eNxp

Backgound
    1. What is your personality type? eNxp

2. Are you male or female?male

3. What country do you live in now? united states

What country are you born in? the same

4. What cultural background are you? i'm a western european mut, me family has been in the US a long time.

5. What religion are you? still working on that one. recently i have been more open to atheism as the answer than ever before. i started out christian and for the most part always was when i was religious.

What religion is your family? very christian (Protestant)

Questions
    6. What career are you in or looking to be in? psychology.

What are you doing right now to help you achieve this career goal? undergrad

7. What is your friendships like with both genders? i have both male and female friends there is nothing consistent about my friendships within genders.

How many good friends do you have and why are you friends with these people? But my close friends tend to correlate in personality. My BEST friends are usually also ENTPs as well.

8. What paranoias do you have? I'm not a paranoid person. But I have slowly have gained what I think is a healthy fear of raising children someday.

9. What are your vices? cigarettes, coffee, marijuana, red wine, procrastination, mischief, other drugs from time to time

10. What are your fears? SEE: #8

11. What is your relationship like with your parents? Currently it is good. When I was younger and a more extreme ENTP I got along horribly with my mother who is an ISxJ. It was bad. But it forced me to re-evaluate how I acted and why we argued and I have tempered my personality or at least my behavior. I am similar to my dad and we got along well.

siblings (if you had any)? normal. they are 15 years older than me so it's been like and aunt-nephew relationship.

12. How are you with expressing emotion in public? just fine!

13. How do you think people saw you in high school? this depended on who they were.

people i didn't know well probably thought I was cocky and weird. a few people tended to think I was a pouser, I think this was because I had interests and outlooks that didn't fit into any of the high school philosophies/stereotypes.

people who knew me thought I was a little crazy (because of the risk taking, that was very well expressed in high school and before. there were dozens of times I risked my life for connivence, entertainment, or the adrenyln(sp?).) but funny, they liked the crazy stuff i would think and say out loud too. sometimes that they only thought. willing to humiliate myself for fun too. smart.

How do you think people see you now?

again, acquaintances: probably still weird but funny, mellow, rebellious, substance abuser.

close friends: a little less crazy but otherwise similar to before.

And finally....
    point of life depends pretty much on your views related to religion. if you are religious then the point of life is spelled out for you.

if you are an atheist then in my opinion there is no "point" to life and we aught to act in a way that over the course of one's life best serves the person or idea that they care about most.

that said. that's a very shifty area for me. to ask me the meaning of life. well the only thing I would let you quote me on is "humans are too dumb to know"
    Don't believe everything you think.

MBTI
    INFJ

Backgound
    1. What is your personality type?
    INFJ

2. Are you male or female?
    Female

3. What country do you live in now?
    USA What country are you born in?

4. What cultural background are you?
    American, the good old midwest

5. What religion are you?
    Agnostic with a buddhist tendency (I've started attending a buddhist meditation center)

What religion is your family?
    Ugh, you asked. Jehovah's Witness. I would like to be clear that I am NOT one. And for better or worse, being raised as one has shaped a lot of who I am now (you know subversive, sarcastic, and agnostic. )

Questions
    6. What career are you in or looking to be in?
    The million dollar question.... I wish I knew. I enjoy my career much of the time but I doubt my skills much of the timeWhat are you doing right now to help you achieve this career goal? nothing!

7. What is your friendships like with both genders?
    I get along well with both men and women. I *don't* get along well with people who are materialistic because I simply don't care about money. In the book 'of human bondage' (one of my favorite books) Maugham wrote "It is not wealth one asks for, but just enough to preserve one's dignity, to work unhampered, to be generous, frank and independent." I couldn't agree more.
    How many good friends do you have and why are you friends with these people?
    That depends on how you define good friends. Someone I could call up anytime and they'd be willing and happy to talk to me... lets see 9, 4 male and 5 female (I am counting my husband, though). Everyone that I am close to is very compassionate. Two of my close friends are sensing types, the rest are intuition. But all of them are people who care more about being authentic than they care about appearances. It's an ecclectic group and not all of them get along with each other. Sadly

I have this fear that when I'm running on a path that goes though a prairie dog colony, that they are all going to gang up on me at once and attack me. A lot like a scene out of birds. I should add this vision usually happens when I'm running long distances, my mind tends to go to some strange place. My other paranoia is snakes

9. What are your vices?
    I love sugar. So very much. Dr. Pepper is the sweet nectar of the gods and I'm trying to not drink it. Is being lazy and procastinating a vice? I think it could be.

10. What are your fears?
    snakes, heights, downing, failure, and losing the ability and/or desire to rebuild my life should I need to.

11. What is your relationship like with your parents?
    It was awful for years. They are very religious and didn't take it well when I left their religion. We've met somewhere in the middle and now are able to be quite open with each other. I just have to remind them that it's ok for me to have boundaries (how's that for good, therapy speak?)
    siblings (if you had any)?
    Awh, my sister is 15 months older than I am. She's very different than I am (ISFP) but we have very similar tastes esthetically. She and I are learning to talk more opening (again, religious differences are a huge roadblock - you should have seen the look on her face when she she the buddhist center's schedule on my fridge. Or when she saw my nose ring. Or a lot of my books on evolution. you get the idea). But she's a wonderful woman who I love dearly, I just wish there wasn't such a barrier between us. Growing up, we were inseparable.

Blah, I hate it when I have emotional breakdowns in public (this happened a few weeks ago). As for affection with my husband, a hug or kiss is fine, much more makes me uncomfortable. I don't like to be looked at or the center of attention. And my husband is great at getting attention.

13. How do you think people saw you in high school?
    Quiet, bookish, and a bit eccentric
    How do you think people see you now?
    outgoing, friendly, eccentric, and complex (the last two have been told to me a lot recently). A good friend of mine recently told me 'just when I think I have you figured out, you shock the hell out of me.'
    And finally....

And this is the question that keeps me too involved in my head and a bit melancholy. I'm searching religions, I'm searching philosophy, I'm searching. And if I find it, I'll probably start searching for something else. I just know I want to be known more for who I am than a list of accomplishments, if that makes any sense

Thanks all for looking at this and thank you for those of you who answered the questions.

MBTI
    LOCK
    Enneagram
    8w7

Backgound
    INFP, 4w5
    Female
    3. What country do you live in now? What country are you born in?
    Indonesia
    I don't really know what does it mean
    5. What religion are you? What religion is your family?
    All Christians
    Questions
    6. What career are you in or looking to be in? What are you doing right now to help you achieve this career goal?
    I don't have any goals
    7. What is your friendships like with both genders? How many good friends do you have and why are you friends with these people?
    I have 3 best friends, all female and what do I like about them is we have the same hobby: watching anime
    I don't have one
    9. What are your vices?
    Sometimes I like to pick up some of my dried snot, and if I'm bored and there's no computer I don't do anything except for reading books. If I caught a cold, I like sneezing hardly in front of public
    10. What are your fears?
    scissors, smell of glue and felt-tip markers, heights, and sometimes I have phobia on my own shadow
    11. What is your relationship like with your parents? siblings (if you had any)?
    Nothing special, really
    I'm not afraid showing my emotion in public. I don't care about their thought, all I care is I satisfied because of my "braveness"
    13. How do you think people saw you in high school? How do you think people see you now?
    Hey, I'm still at Junior High School! But many people think that I look like a poisonous rose who's beautiful but deep down in my heart I'm still a kid at heart, whiny, childish, eccentric, emotional and tend to lose patience
    And finally....
    Well, to me...Life is really boring, because IMO the time is always rotate slower than I expected. For example, if the real time is only about 3 or 5 minutes then to me it looks like 30 minutes

MBTI
    ENTJ

1. What is your personality type? ENTJ, enneagram 8
    2. Are you male or female? M
    3. What country do you live in now? What country are you born in? Europe
    4. What cultural background are you? European, judeo-christian
    5. What religion are you? What religion is your family? Agnostic. Some in my family are atheist, others christian
    6. What career are you in or looking to be in? Science now. Going to business soon and in the long run will be an entrepreneur
    7. What is your friendships like with both genders? How many good friends do you have and why are you friends with these people? I have 15+ close male friends. I am friends with them because they are genuine and intelligent. I have alot of female acquaintances - female friends fell in love and it was complicated
    8. What paranoias do you have? I don't really trust what people say, usually their actions speak more of them
    9. What are your vices? wine, sex, restaurants, excessive driving
    10. What are your fears? I don't know
    11. What is your relationship like with your parents? Fine.
    12. How are you with expressing emotion in public? this question is strange
    13. How do you think people saw you in high school? How do you think people see you now? friendly and smart in highschool. Now, as someone who is competent.
    14. What do you see as the point to your life and life in general? Fulfill your needs as independently as possible, build a family, leave your "mark" on the world all the while letting other people do the same in peace.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Background
    1. What is your personality type? INFP
    2. Are you male or female? Female
    3. What country do you live in now? What country are you born in? U.S. of A.
    4. What cultural background are you? American
    5. What religion are you? What religion is your family? I don't really know about myself, not quite an atheist but not quite agnostic? My family is all over the place, Catholic, Jewish, Mennonite, Atheist, etc. :P

Questions
    6. What career are you in or looking to be in? What are you doing right now to help you achieve this career goal? Something involving computers, art, or both, leaning toward animation. I am bumming around college if that counts for anything.
    7. What is your friendships like with both genders? How many good friends do you have and why are you friends with these people? Uhm, most of my good friends have gone and left me for other states. But currently I have about three male acquaintances whom I speak to usually daily & a few ladies I see on occasion.
    8. What paranoias do you have? Too many, haha...
    9. What are your vices? Cigarettes
    10. What are your fears? Being alone, the dark, becoming overweight, growing old
    11. What is your relationship like with your parents? siblings (if you had any)? I love my mother dearly, out relationship isn't perfect but it is very far from dysfunctional
    12. How are you with expressing emotion in public? I dunno, if it happens it happens?
    13. How do you think people saw you in high school? How do you think people see you now? I was seen as a quiet, kinda nice, kinda sarcastic, girl with big boobs. LOL. Yeah, I just graduated last year, I haven't really changed all that much. :P
    And finally....
    14. What do you see as the point to your life and life in general? There isn't one... All I know is that I have to keep living, move outta my mom's house, create something cool, fall in love, get married, & just live an interesting albeit comfortable life. ;p

MBTI
    entj

Backgound
    entj
    the bread winner
    US and only the US since
    I'm from the far east generally where the red dragon has awoken
    an evolutionist here. Born a Buddhist and still respect many core values
    Questions
    6. What career are you in or looking to be in? What are you doing right now
    to help you achieve this career goal?
    Seeking out to be a financial manager. Basically I'm studying and connecting full time.
    I'm good with both genders. I have few best friends that share a common mutual respect and common history.
    none I can think of
    9. What are your vices?
    I have high expectations of myself that sometimes get projected to others
    10. What are your fears?
    succumbing to economical slaveship of business and touching catepillars
    short story, stormy beginnings and happy endings
    I never express Fe. However, I'm pretty good with Fi.
    People saw me as a nerd, a rebel without a cause, and a loner in highschool. Now, I think they see me more as an independent revolutionary figure.
    o gosh. I have way too much to say here, but I don't want to bore you. Basically, I seek to create the first heaven on earth or improve the standards of a small community to reflect that.

MBTI
    ENTP

Backgound
    ENTP, 7w8
    Female
    USA
    Midwestern
    Christian

Questions
    6. What career are you in or looking to be in?
    Consulting for the management of hospital information systems. Shortly I will be moving to a consulting/sales role; the sales will be a new experience for me. What are you doing right now to help you achieve this career goal? I'm researching the MBTI types to ascertain how to better implement sales techniques with the various types.

7. What is your friendships like with both genders?
    Very good with both. How many good friends do you have and why are you friends with these people? I have many friends though I value the relationships with my best friends the most. I have 2 male best friends; ENTJ and ENTP. I have 3 female best friends; ENFJ, ENFP (sister) and ENTP. My most stimulating friendship is that with the ENTJ; he challenges me relentlessly. The ENTP's think so much like me they tend to just get me into trouble; usually speaking out of turn or cracking a joke at the least appropriate time. The ENFX's are always trying to get me to cuddle with my inner child and admit defeat to the overwhelming power of female emotion and the smell of freshly cut roses.

Paranoia would indicate a loss of control. I can't say that I suffer from this issue. Oh, I hate worms though.

9. What are your vices?
    The Internet and self indulgence.

10. What are your fears?
    The death of my children before my own.

My father was my mentor and best friend until his death when I was 17. My mother (ENFP) was envious of the relationship I had with my father and became very controlling early on in my life. She's brilliant with relationships and counseling and I owe much of who I am today to her talent and perseverance. She has been more of an adviser to me than a mother, and though she helped to form who I am, I remain somewhat detached from her affections. My sister (ENFP) is charming, fun and beautiful. She tends to take life too personally however, and depends on others to meet her emotional needs.

I can express most emotions required by circumstance. This doesn't mean I take them to heart or truly believe in their necessity however. I have learned that if I remain aloof with my emotions as far as others perceive it, I can't obtain the end goals I've envisioned. Meaning, if I need to be joyous to help a friend feel confident and secure, I will. If I need to feign anger over some horrible injustice, I will. Truth be told I am rather internally detached from emotion unless it is sudden and unexpected. I can express laughter easily and do it often.

13. How do you think people saw you in high school?
    I was the girl who could take a hit like one of the boys. I was respected for my sense of humor and irreverence. How do you think people see you now? I've been told I have "presence" and I’m still irreverent.

And finally....
    I believe my talent lies in empowering others to achieve a sense of self worth and awareness they hadn't before discovered.
    Last edited by ~Aviendha; 03-12-2008 at 09:46 PM. Reason: Typo

The willingness to express vulnerability and admit to weakness is a direct result of mental strength and confidence. Deny both and lose my respect. ~Me

MBTI
    INFJ

Backgound
    INFJ

male

USA

100% ethnic Italian...Southern on my dad's side, Sicilian on my Mom's

Non-denominational Christian with lingering Catholic ties, I guess, though I feels it's a bit more complicated than that. The rest of the family is standard Catholic as far as I know.

Questions
    Very recently out of college where I double majored in Psychology and Marketing. There's currently a tug of war in me between continuing the business route and getting into advertising or market research, or going the psych route and going into forensic or clinical. Psychology is very much winning right now though. Currently working in advertising sales and hate it very much.

I have friends of both genders, of course, though it's skewed towards more male friends. I'm not sure I could peg it with an exact number, though. I guess I'm friends with them for the standard reasons; similar interests, trust, friendliness, etc. I tend to get along well with most people though, unless I consider you to be "fake" or feel you pick on people in a weaker position than you

That whenever I go out to eat, the kitchen is cooking my meal in and around other meals that contain shellfish. I have an allergy to the stuff...eat a shrimp, my throat closes up and I die. Really, only the lightest of exagerations there.

9. What are your vices?
    A general sort of paranoia about things. Not decisive enough. A lack of self esteem. Disecting what people say and do to the degree of minutia... and drawing incorrect conclusions from that even when the evidience is obviously against me.

10. What are your fears?
    Dying cold, alone and unloved. Dying due to my shellfish allergy, which would be the wimpiest death ever. Never doing anything worthwhile with my life.

Actually, very good on both accounts. My sister and I were usually at each others' throats until late high school, but very good now.

Not very good at all. If I know and trust you, I'll constantly joke around. If a setting is unfamiliar or I'm uncomfortable in any way, I probably come off as very quiet and bland. Generally uncomfortable with most public displays of affection, too.

Highschool pegged me more into the "geek" caste than anything else, but I flowed well enough between them all. How people see me now as a mixed bag. If I become comfortable with a person and I trust them, I guess they see me as clever and witty in a snarky sort of way. Generally pleasant to be around, and (I loathe saying this, it makes me feel like an ass) a good friend that people can turn to for some sage advice. If you don't know me well...then maybe pleasant to be around, but quiet, bland, maybe a bit aloof

That's a big question. If I'm forced to sum it up, I guess to expirience as much as you can, to gain as much knowledge as you can, and use all of that to really understand people, the universe and work for the greater good

Reigning Bologna Princess Rajah's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram

INTP

Female

US. US.

? I guess German, English, Polish... Meh.

None. I grew up Catholic, converted to Lutheran, and now am just me. My family seems to have given up on the idea too.

Professor. I'm getting my Ph.D. in media law.

I have very few close friends. We can trust each other completely. Actually, my close friends are female. But I've always gotten along well with guys too. *shrug* Basically, I can form surface relationships, but they rarely transform into a deep friendship.

None really. Occasionally I wonder if people are talking about me. Then I remember I'm boring.

9. What are your vices?

Overindulgence.

10. What are your fears?

Surviving my son.

Excellent relationship with my domineering mother. My father is evil. My sister is 11 years younger than me, so I feel very maternal towards her. She's lovely, if a bit lost.

Depends on the emotion? I have no problem expressing displeasure if someone's pissed me off. I also have no problem being demonstrative with someone I love, but I'm hardly into PDA. I don't know how to answer this...

I think I was hard on myself in high school. I figured people saw me as a loser. I'm sure some did... but I don't think it was as bad as I made it out to be.

People now see me as accomplished, I guess? I don't feel it, but that's what they tell me.

And finally....

To provide for my son; to accumulate information and share it with others; and to support and be open with those I love.

I... suppose. Yeah!